Requiem of Hate

Rymy

Developer
Staff member
HMRYiyp.png

Requiem Zones
"Requiem" zones are a new concept I'm introducing to hopefully bridge the gap between adept events into raiding. These zones are not designated for veteran players, but rather to help newer players. Please note that balance for this type of zone is difficult to do but the ideal group to venture in Requiem zones would be toons fresh out of doing adepts or new 65 toons that haven't raided much.

Special rules about Requiem zones:
-Tomes have no effect. AAs still work.
-Archaic/refuge/runic/murk/similar spells have no effect. Ancients/Relics DO work.
-No gear with a recommended or required level of 65 is allowed in the zone. This is the tricky part. I believe everything above around Tier 8 should be recommended or required level 65. If you find huge exceptions, please let me know and don't exploit this zone. This zone is balanced around not having these items.
-As this zone is supposed to be for lower level players, toons with required/recommended level 65 gear can enter via banking higher level gear with a somewhat conveniently placed banker.
-Pets are despawned on zone in.

Requiem of Hate:
-Planned to release the evening of July 3rd.
-6 man winged zone.

If Requiem of Hate goes alright where will be a 12-man Requiem zone coming out soon after.
Shout out to Grinkles for making cool new textures for existing models (like the teaser you see above and more).

Last edited:
Items I have found:
Maw of Madness
Scorched-wind Band = 55
The Strand of Creation
Brace of Blades
Plume of Rebirth
Belahfri, Plates of Brutal Impact
Fractured Primordial Bindings
The Strength of Many
Wisps of Recollection
Tears of the Phoenix
A Celestial Star = 55
Gloomshroud
Voidstep
Windblaze
Xi Valla Kah, Gown of the Eternal Empress
Fel'talla, Path of the Stars
Remembrance, Blanket of the Mother (Probably all 3)
Scales of the Fallen
Voice of Beyond
A Glowing Black Pearl
Vitalivia, Bangle of the Primogenitors
Foundation of Infestation
Spirit-Harvest
Galeforce, The Eye's Edge
Darkened Galaxy-etched Bone
The Mountain's Fury
Flowing Blood-Metal Barbute
Strands of the Severed Fate
Jur, Seed of Bitter Vengeance
Ortananoch, Custodian's Demise
Gauntlets of Roiling Rancor
Prime Warden's Enmity
The Matron's Grasp = 55
Gilded Broxan Quill
Nightwhisper
Bauble of the Hypnotist
Peacegiver
Ger'Valla, Pillars of Frigid Defiance
Clarav, The Never Ending Vision
Dhuro, Conceal of the Assassin
Ortaninam, Fall of the Dragonkin
Ortaninim, Rise of the Dragonkin
Remembrance, Shroud of the Mother
Remembrance, Wrappings of the Mother
Solanerus, Drape of the Frozen Star
Xenelaqui, Muse of the Fallen
Zephalinaar, Signet of Captured Dreams
Formless Ribbon of Unbound Power
Animus of Chieftain
Assassin's Stiletto
Boots of the Jongleur
Celestial Shroud of the Curate
Defender's Guard
Habit of the Disciple
Bane of the Fallen God/1HS
Deception's Laughter
Dissonatatus, Bladedancer's Enmity
Horok, Reality's Kaleidoscope
Ysar, Blasphemer's Bite
Entropy's Spine
Monstrous Wing
The Infested Talons
Vile Herald of the Conduit
Brace of Hoarfrost
Ravenclaw
Robes of the Caretaker
Sanctus
Raiment of Faith
Belt of Ten Thousand Thorns
Core of Ygg'sar
Crystallized Memories
Shard of Venomous Growth
Shroud of Infested Undone
Splints of Aged Wood
Twin-Fates
Kara'Kadar's Crest
Reach of the Deep Matriarch
Supreme Cavern Dragon Hide
Wavecrasher
Whirlpool
Flayed High Elf Hide Mask
Reckless Respite
Refusal of Guilt
Shielding Pendant
Strength of Twisted Nature
The Lightning Primer
Curator's Touch
The Dark Shroud
Bellowing Brace
Rest to the Cacophony
The Heart of Melody
Twelve Tone Earring

Let me know if this is helpful. I can probably find a few more.

cool concept. my only issue is banking full set of what one wears + inventory items that can't go in + getting a new secondary set of gear is going to be a bit....interesting/impossible for some people. that's a lot of gear to fit in a bank. I would love to assist and check these zones out but I don't generally do alts lol. looks like I may have to for this though lol.

cool concept. my only issue is banking full set of what one wears + inventory items that can't go in + getting a new secondary set of gear is going to be a bit....interesting/impossible for some people. that's a lot of gear to fit in a bank. I would love to assist and check these zones out but I don't generally do alts lol. looks like I may have to for this though lol.

If you have to bank all of your gear you don't really have a reason to go in this zone, that's the point... Good gear progression for new toons that isn't just "follow the ringer around and collect loot", cause that isn't fun, while this should be tons. Make an adept toon and kill your way up to this, its a blast!

Zone is live. Yes, I messed up the script to update these items so I have something else temporarily in place instead of just following the rec/req level 65.
Any thought of excluding charms? Or do we need to downgrade if we want charms and diety augs?
No, charms are some of the strongest single items. Probably leaning more towards not allowing any charms. We will see.

If you have to bank all of your gear you don't really have a reason to go in this zone, that's the point... Good gear progression for new toons that isn't just "follow the ringer around and collect loot", cause that isn't fun, while this should be tons. Make an adept toon and kill your way up to this, its a blast!
I'd say that's a pretty good summary.

So far I'm pretty happy with the balance. Please report bugs to me.

Just finished the quest for the weapon, this zone is really well done and I had (having) a blast! The charm credit is a welcome addition!

Can relics drop in this zone? After multiple kills I have yet to see one drop. I think by the 3rd mini everyone who wanted an ancient got one. Would be really nice if it was a ~1/7 chance for relic drops instead of ancients.

Oh also, the quest reward for priest classes has +int instead of +wis on it.

Last edited:
Myself and some friends just 'finished' the Requiem zone. First impression is good. It reminded me a lot of old PoHate trips back on live but less trainey. Drops were solid for the intended tier minus some notes at the end. XP was super solid but will obv be less so once the holiday bonus ends.

After putting on my a mix of cmal, bounty gear, quest drops and some random stuff, I ran with guildies alts and others who could legit get upgrades from the zone. Once we figured out how the minis and regular bosses, and later the zone boss worked, we had good progress, a decent number of drops for our members and over two long trips were able to complete the zone in quest. The fights are interesting mechanicwise and work as an ok introduction to raiding (mostly the final fight mechanics, which took a few tries to figure out). I think this fills exactly the niche is it designed to as the gear starts at roughly cmal level and ends (when levelled) well below T3 bounty gear. All of the gear I have seen has focus effect 5's on it, which feels a bit low compared to the boes that have shown up as of late in bloodstorm and LOIO, however the other stats are solid. I'd really like those to be bumped up to a 6 so make the gear a bit more hardy since it will, in theory be with the players for a decent amount of time to level it. We had a few ancients drop which is really really nice for the toons we had with us as endlessly soloing t1 raid mobs for alts is both terrible for the powerful and unfair for the unguilded or no access to ringers or powerful toons.

A couple questions/ideas which can maybe or maybe not be answered by the staff:

-Plate legs seem to be missing a focus effect as the at least leather and chain legs we found had them.

-I believe we have only found bps/legs/hats and jewelry and cloak so far, no other slots (unsure if this is intended), but are there going to be full sets of gear? EDIT: There seems to be full sets of armor and most peripherals, just had weird drops initially.

-Stemming from the above, will the 12 man zone's gear (which I think is a safe assumption that gear will drop) be replacements to the 6 man or perhaps will it be required to upgrade into that? (assuming this can be revealed)

-The zone in quest seems to indicate that either the boss or the quest rewards scale to some extent, but the quest cannot be repeated as far as I can tell. Our group just finished the quest as a way to see the rewards. Could there be a way to repeat the quest? Or a way to upgrade to the scaled up version if there isn't already? Or is that scaling just for the loot the bosses drop, like the cyclops?

-Tied to the above comment about focus effect levels. I have never seen it on an item on this server but live I think had a mechanic for it. Could leveling items actually level to a better focus effect at some point? The items I recall from live they actually became a new item when levelled each time (I believe similarly to the cc aug I'd guess) so there was maybe more freedom to change the item stats more as it grew. I personally, LOVE levelling and or growing items for some reason, it seems to give a bit more permanence to one's gear. On eq2, you ended up turning your epic weapon into an epic augment that could be used once a couple expansions hit and the raw stats of the epic weapon were super subpar. Live had rolling epic quests. I'd think these zones might be a way to have a version of that. To be fair, both games suffered from a fair amount of power creep but I do think the concept of gear growing and being used to make other, better gear is really neat as it gives a larger sense of accomplishment to having the final item over having killed Mindful for the 900th time and got a spire.

-For the intended audience, is there a decent way to funnel players there other than reading the announcement of the zone itself or word of mouth? A quest, an npc, something? I feel like something pushing new players there or at least making sure they know it exists would help a lot in the future.

I think that's all I have but I may add ideas as they come to me.

Last edited:
What does this refer to? I heard it mentioned in ooc at some point but nothing is in OP, or discord.

Mobs have a chance to drop tokens which can be redeemed for charm credit from the charm vendor. Lessers give 1k and are more common drops. Greaters give 5k credit and are slightly more rare. 3 days of farming and I and enough for the 100k charm just by handing them in for the credit!

Edit: Results are not typical as I have been living there the last 3 days and I have been alternating looting with other players when grouped. Still a fantastic way to towards the charm grind.

I submitted a few /bug reports. Ashwood Recurve (no range statistic, doesn't shoot) and Mask of Dazzling Lights (not a worn effect).

I submitted a few /bug reports. Ashwood Recurve (no range statistic, doesn't shoot) and Mask of Dazzling Lights (not a worn effect).
Those are updated. If you want to get them re-summoned let me know of you can petition so you don't have to wait for a patch but they won't be leveled.

Oh also, the quest reward for priest classes has +int instead of +wis on it.
Same as my previous response.

-For the intended audience, is there a decent way to funnel players there other than reading the announcement of the zone itself or word of mouth? A quest, an npc, something? I feel like something pushing new players there or at least making sure they know it exists would help a lot in the future.
In response to your quote, I think that's a good point. Maybe I'll add another higher level adept to "pave the way" towards Requiem zones.
In response to your other questions about items, I don't really have much to say other than that I don't think there's any bugs/oversights with them but thanks for the feedback.

Yes, after playing in the zone a lot more, some of my earlier comments need amending or are just wrong.

--There are full armor sets in the zone, though bracers seem EXCEPTIONALLY rare compared to other pieces. Other pieces to bracer drops are like 10:1. The boss drops are neat and cover seemingly every major slot, even a bow and a 2 hander. I'm guessing there is likely a shield somewhere, as yet undiscovered. The focus effect thing will funnel people into bounty gear which is a good step, I suppose:p

--Boss fights just seem to scale to more bonus xp if you beat your previous record.

I really am enjoying this zone Rymy, so thank you:p

Yup bracers seem more rare than other armor. Bracers were last item for each set on my monk and cleric.

Beastmaster pets will sometimes bug out and not pull in back room near wing boss but other than that bug wise most were fixed and I too am having a blast and looking forward to 12 man.

My only other suggestion is lowering wing boss spawn to something more encouraging. I feel like 6-8 hours is more reasonable.

My only other suggestion is lowering wing boss spawn to something more encouraging. I feel like 6-8 hours is more reasonable.

This.

Also the weapon quest pieces and the weapons themselves are missing sizes and cant be put into bags.

Release the 12 man!

Possibility make a penalty for people running to zone out with trains, or make the NPC not respond when you're in combat, or move the NPC away from the zone in? I was trained three times yesterday.

The zone has been very fun so far. My only improvement would be to change the order of the quest weapon some how. Possibility receive a weapon once you find the scouts, then upgrade it after mini drops your item, then upgrade again once all the bosses are killed?

Only other concern would be the zone possibility being too easy.

Last edited:
Really liking the zone.

I wish there was a banker option to "stash everything i'm wearing in specific slots of the bank" then "wear everything in these other slots". I love the idea of de-powered level 65's with ratty gear doing things, but having people port over , then bank shuffle then come out can put people off.

a quest for an item to go right to the cave in greenmist (can we call it a hate-neck? =D) would certainly help. maybe turn in a heap of power sources to get it.

my only other complaint is that the respawn time on the wing bosses seems too long. specifically for a weapon that you'll outgrow and only works (currently) in one zone.

So I basically haven't left the zone except to raid. I really like it.

The bosses rewarding you more for the harder you do them is awesome but I wish at a certain threshold you earned an additional loot or a relic or a super charm credit, something to really incentivize players to push the limit of what they can handle. Which is really the only problem with the boss mechanic, the zone is farmed so much that even if you want to try it on a really hard setting most the mobs are probably already dead lol.

To people new to the zone, the wings are hard to distinguish, to everyone in the zone, it's hard to tell what wings are camped or who got to the wing first. Does this zone follow the normal 6man rules? I foresee some bans/drama if so. It's confusing when you're clearing a wing and run into another group, kinda awkward...

Can wings get some kind of cmal like gate mechanic? A wisp you hail and /cm 1-4 to pick a wing and a "guide" to the nightmare accompanies you. Any wing not on the list is camped and the group with the guide with them has the claim. Killing a mob in the wing associated with the guide refreshes its timer? Would also be cool if the guide would "warn" you when you rust code a named, or if the named worked like a bounty, the guide warns you a nightmare is stalking you and you hail the guide to spawn the named.
Or it's a dream, could make it an instance with a 1 day reset?
Or make the rust coded named rust code the bosses and they call out whoever killed their underling so the zone knows who has claim?
Or lower the repop timer.
Or make a wing that gets completely cleared completely repop. So you could clear a wing out and then kill as much of the repop as you want to adjust the boss difficulty.
Or do nothing cause the zone is great and hurry up with the 12man!

Would love to see the weapons get an upgrade to be class specific, requiring them to be fully exped and a drop from the 12 man.
Same for the armor, would be really cool to be able to upgrade.

Some pieces of armor are very rare. My wiz went from lvl 53 to 65 and almost 200aa all in this zone and is still missing 2-3 of the cloth pieces, wrist/gloves seem especially rare. Same story for my war. To farm a full set means you're going to spend a good amount of time in the zone. Some sort of exchange would be neat, a drop of the right slot but wrong type could be traded in with some power sources?

Gate clicky to the book would be great.

Back
Top Bottom