Kind Lady

iBluNT

Dalayan Elder
Can this just stay up constantly? It's mildly annoying to have to watch discord channels to see if/when it's up, it spawns enough during prime time to be practically the same thing and it's pretty clear it's spawned to benefit certain friends. It just seems mildly pointless to have it be a limited time thing when nearly everyone agrees rebuffing is tedious and it hurts nothing at this point.

I love the Kind Lady and I would love her to be up at all times. Buffing is one of the worst parts of the game I feel like I am forced to deal with.

Also I'd like to take this opportunity and spotlight to address the fact that druids need to be buffed. I have no solutions how this should happen but I'm accepting any and all suggestions below. Please keep this on topic though.

Keep the thread civil and we can at least discuss it. Please don't let this one get stupid and tinfoil-y like the last one.

one of the biggest things thats prevented me from wanting to log in and play this game is knowing that i'll have to buff my character before i want to go and do something, or not wanting to log in and play because my buffs only have a short (less than 2 hour) time left on them. this also means when im logged in and playing i feel compelled to make the most efficient use of my time so i don't "waste" my buffs, meaning if i can't fully commit my attention to the game i dont log in at all. A permanent kind lady removes the tedium and unfulfilling "gameplay" experience of loading in dead toons to buff one character, then loading in a another set to buff your 2nd character.

the short term nature of kind lady currently has a few issues, most notably the fact that if you play at weird hours its unlikely you'll ever see her. another issue is that you currently have about a 1 hour window to get buffed by her. This means people tend to drop what they're doing, whether it be IRL, playing different games, or maybe even grouping or questing in SoD, just to get their characters buffed. Contrast this to blessed zones, which stay active for about a week at a time. Having a longer window of time to take advantage of blessed zones means you can do so according to your own schedule.

Please make kind lady permanent, nobody wants to do chores anymore just so they can play their favorite MMO.

What about:
Every 2-4 hours, there is a 75% chance she spawns somewhere random, and is up for her duration of time. And this continues indefinitely, automatically, and in addition to GM spawned Kind.

Obv. these numbers can be altered.

Stay in school, stay off the Kind

Last edited:
This was originally a meme post but can any staff explain what the reason behind the hesitation of offering full time buff NPCs? I haven’t played in some time but I used to be able to go spend some platinum and get buffs on me any time I wanted. Why wasn’t that ever an issue? It’s mind boggling that it’s 2019 and minor QoL changes like this are getting nickel and dimed. Seems unnecessary

Last edited:
I'm all for the kind lady being available full time in all cities but if there has to be some sort of limitations maybe one set at night and the other half of the cities during the day. Theres really no "balance" issue with her being a permanent fixture since the vast majority of us have full teams of buff bots already. Being able to full buff two toons in a minute is considerably better than cycling a bunch of buffers. I personally have opted to not log in some nights just because I would have to rebuff to be ready for the next days raid, and my work schedule doesnt always allow me to be present during raid buffs.

It would be a huge QoL improvement that I would guess most players would be for.

I very much appreciate the work Grinkles has been putting in and the kind lady is another example of how the players and server have benefited from his work. Asere as well, has been randomly spawning the kind lady in random zones and at times guildes form for raids. Asere, has to the best of my knowledge helped all 4 main guilds buff.

Last edited:
when the buff augers were discussed it was a great idea and we where looking forward to it but they got spread out in some pretty obscure places and spread out over gods creation for who knows why but these buff npc's already exist and it makes no sense to not have them in more convenient places in the form of the kind lady.

anyone wanna play devils advocate, anyone have any reasons why this shouldn't be permanent?

*edited for phrasing because a german called me out on my engrish*

Last edited:
anyone wanna play devils advocate, anyone have any reasons why this shouldn't be permanent?

*edited for phrasing because a german called me out on my engrish*

Buffing always felt like a super artificial thing. Nobody did anything without being fully buffed, and if you showed up to a group you were pretty much expected to already be fully buffed.

Having to re-buff is punishment for dying, but it’s also punishment for just playing the game.

it’s not like there’s some economic benefit to making you stop what you’re doing, neck to athica, load a half dozen bots twice each, then mop back to whatever dungeon and continue. I can’t see a reason why all buffs aren’t permanent once you have them unless you die as punishment maybe.

Even then though, as someone who has read tons of articles and info on game design, the common consensus among most developers is that there should not be mechanics that punish players for playing the game. That shit fits in a subscription based model where time sinks = more money for the developer and then it’s a selfish crappy thing anyhow. In a free game that’s meant to be enjoyed, artificial frustrations in the form of required time investments to be “at par” are just a weird design choice that I’m not sure even the devs can explain besides “that’s just how it’s always been”

Leave the kind lady. The player base is only dozens strong now, who are you trying to impress with these artificial gates you make players jump through to play the game?

yea kind lady is pretty cool. it REALLY helps things happen quickly and i think it'll be a big help to new players who are just learning the game. I especially like how it explains the diff between conflicting buffs to new players. so they weigh which suit their class. very cool.

A version of her (a kind clockwork?) you could deploy at the start of your raid or xp group on a big cool-down would be a cool item. maybe give crafters something to work on :)

Back
Top Bottom