Adept: Junkbeast

momijik

Dalayan Beginner
I have had many conversations with fellow adept hunters about this particular adept, and how annoying the drops are.

Currently, this adept has 8 different drops, dropping 2 of them at a time (some times the same, which is another problem with its drops. *only once have I ever heard of it dropping double Prefected. )

The big problem with the drops is 8, and that most people only want 1 drop. This adept boils down to camping it until you get a prefect Woozle to drop, or give up and move on.

Some may say the prefected is to good and thats the problem, however most I have talked to feel its the other way. The other drops are not good enough, so the prefected Woozle is the only worth while one to go after.

A idea that keeps coming up among adept hunters is to remove some of the bloat drops and combine them.

For example:

Remove current: Mark I, Mark III

Make a new Woozle: Mark I-A
Spell Ward 1
Stun Resist 1
that has AC, Str, Dex, Sta, Bane dmg, and Magic resist @ +15 (once fully exped up), like the Prefected Woozle.

Add: Recovery II, and Ferocity II

This new woozle is for melee dps classes.

Another:

Remove current: Mark V and Mark VI

Make a new Woozle: Mark II-A
Spell Ward 1
Stun Resist 1
That has AC, Int, Sta, Cha, AC, Bane dmg, and Magic resist @ +15 (once fully exped up), like the Prefected Woozle.

Add: Mana Flow I, Damage Increment III (needs to be better then experimental runes)

** Make one for Wis (replace int) and instead of Damage Increment give it Healing Increment II, call it Mark III-A

Another:

Remove current: Mark II, Mark, IV

Make a new Woozle: Mark IV-A
Spell Ward 1
Stun Resist 1
That has AC, Agi, Sta, Cha, Bane dmg, and Magic resist @ + 15 (once fully exped up), like the Prefected Woozle.

Add: Damage Reduction +1, Recovery II, Aggression +1

The idea here is to give each Woozle its own identity, so that its not always about the prefected Woozle. This also removes a few drops, making the drops on the Junkbeast less random. Majority of lower level adepts have 4 drops, the Junkbeast is an oddity with 8 drops. These changes would bring it down to 5 drops. Still a bit more random then other Adepts but not nearly as bad.

**Could make an NPC that can exchange old woozles into new ones**

The Second Suggestion that comes up a lot.

Make a quest NPC, that you can turn in the other 7 Woozles, for a Prefected Woozle.

NPC, could give you a box (8 slots), and require you to get the 7 Woozles, Plus 1 other odd item and it combines into Box of Woozles (prehaps an item that drops off the clockworks that roam the area). Return the box back to the NPC and they return the Prefected Woozle.

I always thought it would be a cool idea to be able to turn all 7 into 1 Prefected Woozle.

This item is also very broken. There is no reason for the best bane item to drop off a level 15 mob.

The bane damage is rather odd, admittedly. In the grand scheme of things I could see turning down the bane damage a bit on these Woozles. Especially since you can equip 2 of these woozles on the same character giving you a bane +27 (* 1 Prefected, and 1 other in the other slot* assuming the bane damage stacks)

Back
Top Bottom