Create Mithril Armor / Weapons Vendors

ek05

Dalayan Beginner
tl;dr

-There is no real economy anymore
-There is definitely no crafting going on
-This makes gearing any alt difficult, which in turn makes me less likely to make an alt
-I feel this is unfriendly to new players who don't know about adepts and how to use community characters.

Mithril weapons can make all the difference at the start of the game. It would be nice to have access to them. Access to Mithril armor and weapons can help any new player who missed adepts, it gives them a chance to properly gear around level 20-30 ish without having to deep dive into the Wiki.

I stopped playing SoD because it was difficult to find groups and hard to find good exp/fun as a two box. Even with duo chars covering levels 65, 55, 30's, and hardcore chars under that... its not easy to find groups. I think catering to new players is probably really important right now. In the last two days, I assisted new SoD players with doing some adepts and leveling. I hope they come back and keep playing... but by level 10 they have already missed out on alot of adepts. Help curve this problem with Mithril Vendors.

Last edited:
Making those vendors would more permanently kill the tradeskill market if there was ever a player that wanted to try to bring it back.

I think a better change though possibly less likely to happen would be to rebalance tradeskills so they are more feasible to make for a smaller number of buyers. you kinda need like 100 buyers for each item tier or more to make things work for selling to players instead of vendors for a probable loss with the current system as you are skilling up. as a large percentage of the server is too high level to want much of the low level gear and lucky to have those types of numbers today total including them something needs to change to make the low end work.

I'll be honest, i believe reworking tradeskills is kind of a trap right now. I think a much better use of time would be rebalancing low tier items from enemies and quests to make them actually usable. then rebalance tradeskill items against those items.

My logic behind this is... if the fine lady were to go away with a surge in userbase, this vendor could go away as well.

As a tradeskiller, I actually tried to keep a mithril vendor up with weapons between like 15-30 plat for new players. Couple of problems with trade skilling.

1) Raising trade skills is fucking miserable. Hand cramps, hours of ceaseless farming for very few mats, very few people to buy mats from at prices to keep items even reasonable for how weak they are, no economy to buy those completed items.

2) Mats are significantly more rare then they need to be or should be.

3) Outside of mithril weapons, the vast majority of that gear is garbage. If you aren't augging the armor its criminally bad for the effort and if you are augging it, it greatly exceeds the price someone who could actually use the gear could afford.

Trade skills are for people who want to make their own Augs and a handful of quests. And you have to have something wrong with you (me) or have just tons of disposable time. It is much easier to farm the cash to buy over priced augs on /listsold.

As for a mithril weapon vendor, I actually do think the idea is a good one but I wouldn't hold my breath. If you need some mithril gear DM me on discord (Ezie) I will see what I can do. Just doesn't seem to be enough new people on the server for me to waste hours mining that shit.

If you wanted people to have access to better weapons while minimally throwing tradeskillers under the bus you could just give every character access to all the learner weapons. maybe even decrease their experience requirements.

The learner weapons come out to like the same ratio or near Mithril but youre like lvl 30 or something before they are capped. At lvl 10, I would just reroll and hit the adepts. The weapons a pretty much better than anything you'll find our buy pre 65.

The learner weapons come out to like the same ratio or near Mithril but youre like lvl 30 or something before they are capped. At lvl 10, I would just reroll and hit the adepts. The weapons a pretty much better than anything you'll find our buy pre 65.
Yeah dropping the experience requirements would be a great idea. I agree most people should reroll but some players might neglect the adept thing and asking them to delete and do over leaves a nasty taste in their mouths. Having the adept suggestion popups was a great change.

not saying readily avilable newbie armor isn't a fabulous idea, but how many mithril bits do you need if you can gear up with a stack of lake of ill omen BoE's ? i guess it's a lot more expensive tho.

we absolutely should have a set of newbie armor quest armor with mithril armorish stats. I thought the oggok plate armor was surprisingly good. but i didn't see basically any other like it.

Back
Top Bottom