2.5 Release Delayed 30 Days

Taryth

Administrator
Staff member
As folks know, we had set a deadline of 10/31 to release 2.5. Sadly, we hit some major bugs late in the testing process. Coupled with a pretty significant life event, it means having to push things back a bit. That said, what I don't want is this to become an interminable wait with nothing set in stone, so I'm going to again set a date for this.

My new target date is 11/28. Now that things have simmered down I hope that will be sufficient time. Believe me, no one is more disappointed than me about it, but it's a sad reality. As I get back into things here, I will reach out to a few of you that have specific needs/requests/bugs so we can get those resolved.

As a reminder, loot transfers are now possible subject to the conditions previously outlined. Priority still goes to raids, but since we've had a couple of showstoppers there, we haven't been able to do it yet. Hopefully that gets resolved here momentarily.

Questions let me know.

-t

1) Can we raid now? (raid window works?)
2) Literally half the people who I know have tried to get this working can't because of the issue here: https://shardsofdalaya.com/forum/threads/known-installation-quirks.28673/#post-302723
Patcher has been updated, most of these should no longer be an issue. The biggest is the d3dx9_30.dll issue, but Kero's link above makes that go away.
It's been noted but worth re-iterating that the suggested dx issue fix does NOT work with Windows 10 and I know a lot of people (who have posted here and who have not) can still not get this working are waiting for a suggesting for this. Does anyone who had the dx issue with windows 10 find a way to fix it?

Can you please post the Windows 10 fix so we can all get our 2.5 on?

I'm on Windows 10 and it works for me. Only issue I have is that the window goes not responding while loading/zoning, but it still comes back afterward.

Don't worry about pushing the release back either, 100% of people I have talked to would rather this be done the right way, than have the awesome new client sooner.

Back
Top Bottom