375 Type 5 Augs

Man, if you're willing to sell for 375pp each, I'm willing to tell people to buy from you instead of me.

Since this question was also brought up when I did a /auc yesterday for my augs I thought I write down my thoughts about prices on Type 5 augs.

I really dont get whats so terrible with selling type 5 augs for 375? Nebi isn't the only one and nor am I. I calculated that my costs if I buy all the stuff is 300pp or less depending on who is selling the stuff needed and 75pp is a damn good profit per aug in my eyes. (I pay 100pp per fur and 25pp per tangleweed atm when I buy.) There are a lot of high end tailors out there nowadays and plenty of them sell their augs for 375 on listsold. (I wouldnt mind selling for 400, but since lots of listsold has them for 375 I rather sell the once I make for that price then sell none at all.)

If you buy a Type 3 aug the profit for the JCer is much less then for the tailor with his type 5 aug (JC:er make about 40-60pp per aug.).

If you buy a Type 3 aug the profit for the JCer is much less then for the tailor with his type 5 aug (JC:er make about 40-60pp per aug.).

Not really the place for this discussion, but this comparison to T3 augs is irrelevant. The rarity of the materials is different, the investment is different, and the effort to make is different, so the profit should be different as well. (Would you be happy with the same 75pp profit on Shadow Silk pieces?) A %age profit/cost comparison would be more relevant, although still not directly applicable.

Restocking twice a week, I sell plenty of the T5 augs for 400. If others want to short-change themselves by selling for less than they could be getting, I have no problem with that. ;)

375p seems pretty reasonable these days. The only time I pay 400p for a type5 aug is when I am looking for a magic resist one and just can't find it. Plus, 75p isn't the only profit made by selling them at that price. If the tradeskiller farms his own skins then he/she will be making a much higher profit.
So, if you want to sell them fast and have a steady source of plat coming in, sell them for 375p. If you would rather make that extra 25p per aug, sell them for 400. (I've seen some folks sell them for 450p as well, it might take a few weeks to sell them but they eventually sell).
Either way, if you feel comfortable selling them for 375p (or less), go for it. It's your plat.

Hey if he want to sell them for a low price bust off .... Not like there to much of that on this server

Back
Top Bottom