A gentle reminder re: busted mobs

Taryth

Administrator
Staff member
Just as a reminder, if you run across a mob that clearly is not designed to be killed (I'm looking at you, _WarEventTimer), DO NOT KILL IT. In most cases, they won't give exp, and they certainly won't drop loot. In rare circumstances, they might, however. Killing something that cons red to a 65 and only hits back for a couple damage is an exploit. I have updated the aforementioned mob so that it won't be an issue going forward - this will take effect next patch.

That said, I'm not retroactively going to go back and smack people. Just be aware that if you see something like that which is obviously not intended, the right course of action is to /bug and ideally /petition. I am watching the logs for kills of any mobs like this - I don't want to see anyone get in trouble. If there's any doubt, /petition and ask your friendly neighborhood GM/dev/admin for a thumbs-up/down on a particularly questionable case.

I return you to your more important activities, thanks for your time.

Taryth

I think i server first killed that mob, it only took 25min solo or something.
My reasoning was hoping that when you killed it a war event would start in tears ~

SPOCK: Greetings, Captain.
KIRK: Spock! ...What are you doing in this neck of the woods?
SPOCK: I have been monitoring your progress.
KIRK: I'm flattered. Twelve hundred points of interest in Yosemite, you pick me.
SPOCK: I regret to inform you that the record time for free-climbing El Capitan is in no danger of being broken.
KIRK: I'm not trying to break any records. I'm doing this because I enjoy it. Not to mention the most important reason for climbing a mountain.
SPOCK: And that is?
KIRK: Because it's there.

SPOCK: Greetings, Captain.
KIRK: Spock! ...What are you doing in this neck of the woods?
SPOCK: I have been monitoring your progress.
KIRK: I'm flattered. Twelve hundred points of interest in Yosemite, you pick me.
SPOCK: I regret to inform you that the record time for free-climbing El Capitan is in no danger of being broken.
KIRK: I'm not trying to break any records. I'm doing this because I enjoy it. Not to mention the most important reason for climbing a mountain.
SPOCK: And that is?
KIRK: Because it's there.

Too funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Perhaps this would be the best place to inquire about a, uh, non-mob I've been curious about for many a year. I once discovered by sheer accident that there is an invisible red con mob way out in the NW area of Wyvernfang Coast. It comes up on target through F8 if you spam it at the right spot. I engaged it the first time I found it and it fought back, killing me as I recall. I think I revisited the spot a year or so ago and managed to 2box kill it, and it may have even given exp. I assume it uses the Invisible Man model that seems to be the old-fashioned standard for mobs that simply serve as triggers or whatever.

Anyway, my question is what the heck is this invisible mob for in Wyvernfang?!

While we're talking about completely random out-of-the-way mobs, are staff aware that there's a goblin overseer (I think that's the mob's name) that seems to spawn sporadically way far out in Tipt well beyond the zone walls? It's trackable from several points in the zone and seems like it's somewhere out in the far west, if memory serves. Always was curious about that mob's origins!

danos inicand in snp and arick sha in tipt should be removed. both parts of my content that was deleted.

There is also a red-con mob in great divide, above the waterfall entrance of Thurg. Same way, invisible, but you can F8 to select it, as I recall.

Back
Top Bottom