Account Bound Toons

Jmayzak

Dalayan Elder
Bind two [limit] characters linked to same email by command.
Permanent.
These characters can now listsend [No Drop][Bound] items between each other.

Archtypes can reroll once.
Alts rejoice.
Single player bank space.

I, for one, was pretty relieved by this thread. I was feeling pretty deprived of my periodic dose of ridiculous-shit-grahf-says.

Fxattack cannot like both mine and Marthog's posts; not with the current structure of the universe.

I can agree with both the new idea being good and also that it is too fun to ever be allowed. I just want to use the Yclistinite Alloy Dreadblade I looted 6 years ago without having to grind gate clickies til my eyes bleed again.

Post #5 is not to be taken serious.

GMs already send No Drop items through mailing system.
Hard/tedious parts might be; applying limitations if needed, validating a characters linked email if the link was created through a player command, and fixing every possible way players find to break it.

Wouldnt #1 tanks sending their Jyres to fresh level 65s be the talk of the town? (or Adept bots)
Maybe you dislike Necromancer mana and want to send your INT based items to your new wizard.
Maybe Enchanter soloing angers you, send those INT items to your new mage (But because you can only link once, you find that you also don't like mages. Post a new thread and then quit)
Maybe you want to have a tank alt, but don't want to endure years of verbal abuse.
Maybe your a particular individual who is master of every crafting skill and don't like how you zone so slow, send all those items to linked banker.
Maybe your a melee archtype and have finished your character to what you determine as "finished" and want to start a new character but have limited time because of RL. Can send a majority of equipment over, but still have quests/xp/last few pieces to hunt for.

As boxing is allowed, I've always viewed my two characters as one character unit. Its really nothing more than mutually shared inventory.

Last edited:
I get what your saying, and to be clear I didn't say it was a bad idea. But that would be such a huge design change to the game that adding it in now would be lot of work for a trade-off that feels unnecessary. Can you imagine sending a tank a Jyre and that tank not having the deity spec hit to match? The logistics involved in this idea are so tremendous for a game that's been going for so long. If we had a sequel (I am not behind the idea) that might be a cool feature to add to an MMO, but I can't see it working out with this server as-is.

hqdefault.jpg

So what you are saying is I could make a new bard, get him to 55, transfer all my loot to him and be the #1 55 bard? deal. Im in.

Yes. And then you could also send the items back to Binsin, completing the limit.

Could probably also whitelist items to be safer.

/cm accountbind [target]
Copy adventure band code, use a different variable once bound. /cm accountbind checks for variable and fails if its there.
Copy augmentation well's warning box. Insert ominous text:"Do you want to permanently destroy this character?". [Yes/Yes]

/cm accountsend
Item on cursor, checks itemID with whitelist. (Have Grinkles create a whitelist of item IDs. )

Now you'd have to check if the target of the command is the one your bound to. Probably similar to how adventureband retains the characters who should get XP on a kill.

The idea of linked emails was to prevent someone playing another's toon and linking them to your own. Grieving. The accountbind process could be limited to GMs only in lieu of code that checks accounts, providing more freedom with choices .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom