ACCOUNT DRIVE 2012!

Made a post on gw2guru in their other games section I'm still looking for more good sites to try.

Last edited:
Yeah, I just put a birthdate that wasnt even real, cause I was posting on so many forums, but many forums banned me id say 10+ just for posting my refferall link., they have automatic procedures that ban anyone with a refferal link, but probably some saw the links before it went out. This website and 2 others kept my links up.

Keep in mind that you could be doing harm as well as good by doing that. Hence this part of the first post in the thread:

Some rules about self advertising:
  • The website must WANT us there. If there are rules against advertising or advertising game mods specifically do not post!

Guild Wars 2 post

Hey, Richar here. I posted on the unofficial Guild wars 2 forums.

http://www.guildwars2forum.com/threads/13043-Getting-Burnt-out-on-GW2?p=134969#post134969

I misread the rules at first, which caused a little mess. (they don't like referrals without an explanation behind it. So next time If I am to post with referral, just explain that I what I would be getting out of it). I smoothed it over with the moderators there though and modified my post to be acceptable. I removed the referral in the link for good measure also.

If you don't want to give me referral credit for this, I understand. As my original post was something that was not wanted on their forums and probably generated more referrals as a result of the controversy.

Last edited:
Hey folks

So as I watch the bonus number grow I am considering extending the period and spreading the same bonus numbers out a bit (with it skewed a little toward a higher bonus than more time given). I would make it a net gain, but I think that my bad math and the amazing response so far might make newbies literally outlevel their ability to skill up or see content.

Extrapolating from what we have so far we are seeing 230% for 9 days as likely. This would mean we get 150% for 17 days or something like that. (Numbers for example only.

Do people feel that is very unfair? Sorry for being bad at math!

I support maybe 150% exp for a longer period of time, as long as its equal/ similar in duration to what we're giving up.

I would feel pretty silly giving up 230% exp for 9 days for 150% for 12 days or something

I like the idea of extended time cause ill be out of town and unable to play during the current length of time hwhw

Long time period would help the most people in general and a boost to more new incoming players as the ads attract over time.

Any way to help boost skill gains (non-TS related?) accordingly during this period too? Those are hard to keep up with at non-boosted XP rates.

woldaff said he wouldnt go back on his word.

he didnt mention that he would change how the exp was being handled. changing it to be lesser exp for longer is going against your word!

Long time period would help the most people in general and a boost to more new incoming players as the ads attract over time.
Which is the whole point -- getting new people to join up and stick around. Do this.

Higher bonus for less time just helps the people who are already here to grind tomes 24 hours a day for a week instead of go outside.

Which is the whole point -- getting new people to join up and stick around. Do this.

Higher bonus for less time just helps the people who are already here to grind tomes 24 hours a day for a week instead of go outside.

and that was the idea from the start.

I think lowering the bonus and extending the time is a great idea, mostly for the reason of helping new players who don't have time to just blast 9 days of pure grind.

I support the longer duration smaller bonus as well. Either way your getting the same total available bonus but getting it for a longer period of time maximizes the chances new players coming in late get to join in on the bonus. It gets them more opportunity to get to more fun level before it ends.

The bonus is meant as a reward for the entire server, not just the new blood. Personally I want to take advantage of a big bonus for 9 days and extending it to 17 days would mean a lot more painful grinding to reach the same benefit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom