ACCOUNT DRIVE 2012!

I'm spelling all of these names wrong

Wywy (New beastlord)got some fame
Utirile (druid that boxes ringo) got 50k pp
Susavan (UBER MONK) got 50k
Caryas (CW Monk) Got the title
Atarus (New 50aa SK) got the Lucky charm
Some beastlord turned into a Darkelf with the race change

Cryas won the title. (Hes in Prestige btw.)
Quila won the race change. (Wood Elf Druid to Gnome Druid.)
Wywy won 750 fame, and some money. (iirc)
Atrum won the Charm of Power.
Utelri and Susvain - Won 50k.
Vargun, Ovisha, Rience, Skos and Bryenia won Box of Angry Halflings!
Laini, Skos and Utelri on their Melwins Idol of Joy
Brekouh, Susvain, Wywy, Xaltec and Oozu won the 10k.

Think thats all of them.

Last edited:
This should occur more often than once a year. I suppose it hinges on dev/gm time to handle the logistics, but these events are lots of fun that get the community active, and personally, the last two times I have come back to play SoD have coincided with account drives. The good will and significantly reduced ["badness"- to specify would put a damper on the good will] all around the server right now is amazing. Monthly would be overkill and I think semi-annual would not quite cut it. Possible quarterly? They could coincide with the solstice and equinox so we can all double down on our pagan sacrif... celebrations!

I agree this has been a lot of fun. The server feels very much alive right now so many exp groups going on. LFG spam it really has a nice feel to it. I think every 4 months would be good. Not to mention the server raised a decent chunk of money for advertising.

Wish real life wouldn't have got in the way, so I could have played more. But that is why I voted for the longer time frame. /sigh

Agreed with Titanas. Doing this every so often I think would keep the server more fresh. I grouped with a LOT of new faces over this period, some of whom had come back after a hiatus. It resulted in tremendous fun, and seemed to get a lot of people psyched up. I for one would be happy to participate in additional advertising/HW upgrade/dev recruitment/whatever drives going forward, and agree that maybe a quarterly or at least semiannual event like this would be awesome.

If this is done more often, it might be a good idea to change the bonus XP per bracket, or zone, so that newer players benefit from it more.

The end result might be a bunch of people level up alts, but still, towards the end of the week I noticed lower-level groups had mostly vanished while everybody was trying to go from the mid-late 50's to 65 or was locked somewhere getting AAs. Went from having two-three groups in Kaladim to people posting pretty regularly about needing replacements not long after peak hours.

If the XP bonus was greatly diminished post 55, people might be more likely to lock at 55 to do some AAs / adepts. That's probably a pretty good place for these newer players to interact with people.

my 2c anyway

I agree I think they are working on something like this with the new area bonus. A fresh 65 thought he was doing super awesome pulling in a few extra aa's while Uber high tier toons were cranking out a few hundred aa's.

I'm mid Tier and I played A LOT and cranked in around 76mil exp thats 2 tomes. last week and Nwaij Put out more then 2x that.
The EXP should cap some where sooner then later. Some where in the 10mil a Day range.

I'm not trying to be a communist with exp but I would consider this exp bonus as a way for people to catch up to the higher end. Fresh 65's to get caught up in aa's not as much for people to go from 50 tomes completed to 90. If people are ok with having nothing else to exp on that's fine with me it just ultimately raises the bar even more.

Once you hit like 40-50 tomes you start having to rely on raid drop opuses which are generally pretty sought after, very very few people have a lot of them banked and ready to go. So as a result this drive already did benefit other players more, whether they were going from 1-65, grinding AAs, or working through droppable tomes. I really doubt anyone with 60+ tomes completed that many new ones this week.

Plus, people with lots of tomes are usually not doing things that actually make their character stronger. If a monk really wants to complete all of the pet tomes, or things like that, I don't see the problem with them being able to benefit from the bonus exp to do so.

I'm not trying to be a communist with exp but I would consider this exp bonus as a way for people to catch up to the higher end. Fresh 65's to get caught up in aa's not as much for people to go from 50 tomes completed to 90. If people are ok with having nothing else to exp on that's fine with me it just ultimately raises the bar even more.

Going from 50 tomes to 90 tomes is usually insignificant. The bar isn't being raised there, it's just people wanting a bigger number on Fomelo.

I'm currently working on tome #55, and I've taken my time doing this one because then I'll have no others I care about.

In all reality the power in tomes comes in around the first 15-20 and the rest are fluff or situational beneficial.

1-4 : cop
5-12 : 8 class tomes
13-18 : useful emberflow tomes
19-?? : depending on your class marginal dps upgrades or survibebility

Back
Top Bottom