Ghetto math

Tomes 38 mil
AA ~ 350,000 exp
Iki tomes 20-60aa's worth we can use average of ~40aa's
Nwaij EXP =193,839,215.
193,839,215 / 350,000 = 553 aa's

553 / 40 = 13 tomes

Yes I know this is a rough estimate
no i'm not hate'n on Nwaij or any one else that cranked out the exp I did around 220aa
Yes I know high tomes cost a lot
Yes I know that tomes of power are like a 1/10 effective and iki are like 1/15th effectiveness
yes I know that after your first 20-30 iki tomes the rest is just for funzies

I would like to see this benefit fresh 65's just as much as end game. The exp is great for every one I just don't want it to get out of hand. If we ran this again say guild X raises $1000 and Guild Y raises $1000 to get another 200% xp bonus. I mean this is a win win for the server and the population. I guess I see it as a corporate law suit involving 20mil people and each person gets a check for $.25 and the lawyers get $10,000,000.

Long story short and bad analogies aside I think if we did this again there should be some adjustments made. I LOVED exp bonus week the server pop was 2x as much at all times. There were groups every where all day long.

If this makes you feel any better: I did not make a single AA nor complete a single tome during bonus XP (I had none). All I did was level my ranged item twice for a whooping 15 HP/MANA 2 all stats 1 SvAll.

Ghetto math

Tomes 38 mil
AA ~ 350,000 exp
Iki tomes 20-60aa's worth we can use average of ~40aa's
Nwaij EXP =193,839,215.
193,839,215 / 350,000 = 553 aa's

553 / 40 = 13 tomes

Yes I know this is a rough estimate
no i'm not hate'n on Nwaij or any one else that cranked out the exp I did around 220aa
Yes I know high tomes cost a lot
Yes I know that tomes of power are like a 1/10 effective and iki are like 1/15th effectiveness
yes I know that after your first 20-30 iki tomes the rest is just for funzies

I would like to see this benefit fresh 65's just as much as end game. The exp is great for every one I just don't want it to get out of hand. If we ran this again say guild X raises $1000 and Guild Y raises $1000 to get another 200% xp bonus. I mean this is a win win for the server and the population. I guess I see it as a corporate law suit involving 20mil people and each person gets a check for $.25 and the lawyers get $10,000,000.

Long story short and bad analogies aside I think if we did this again there should be some adjustments made. I LOVED exp bonus week the server pop was 2x as much at all times. There were groups every where all day long.

High end players can crank out exp at a much faster rate than fresh 65s. But fresh 65s gain way more power per experience than high end players. I don't really see a problem.

If this makes you feel any better: I did not make a single AA nor complete a single tome during bonus XP. All I did was hike the Grand Canyon, and ride my bicycle.

If this makes you feel any better: I did not make a single AA nor complete a single tome during bonus XP (I had none). All I did was level my ranged item twice for a whooping 15 HP/MANA 2 all stats 1 SvAll.

I'm not saying this exp offends me. I just think it was a bit much across the board. I made friends with LoLani while leveling up on alt he started right before the exp bonus kicked in. He went from levels 20-57 and a few aa's during exp bonus. Look at his gear
http://shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo/fomelo.php?char=lolani

He has 2 peices of Cmal gear I helped him get at 57 and most of the rest are all things we got in Cesspits or from pre 20 adepts.

I'm not saying this exp offends me. I just think it was a bit much across the board. I made friends with LoLani while leveling up on alt he started right before the exp bonus kicked in. He went from levels 20-57 and a few aa's during exp bonus.

How is someone progressing their character in SoD a bad thing? How much time should someone have to take to get from 20 to 57? Are you upset because they got to level 57 in less time then you did? Should people be forced to get good gear to level? I'm so confused.

Here's my character.

I've only gotten a few AAs since the bonus XP. Oh, and I started with the account drive, I set stuff up, finally managed to log in a few hours before the huge bonus was enabled - mostly did troubleshooting so I could play - was level 5 or so when the 212% bonus was turned on.

My gear when the bonus XP was disabled was PATHETIC and I still haven't gotten all of my droppable spells, due to high demand, but I did get an ancient!

I would say that if not for the bonus XP I'd probably still be trudging through the 30's, the bonus really got a lot of people to play and look for groups. My gear would probably be a lot worse overall, since well I'd probably have picked up MORE stat gear (what's up with my back item, really?) but I have some actual tiered raid gear right now. Definitely not anything to brag about as a 65 with AAs, but there it is.

I will be enjoying raiding which can be done at pretty near whatever pace you like, whatever you get is good, not like EXP where you have the cap to catch up to. That's my opinion/take on it, though.

Very happy we got the account drive bonus. :p

Back
Top Bottom