Alternate Everquest

Oh, I totally get that, it can sometimes be hard to go help somebody knowing you get little in return... except maybe the expectation that when you need something similar, they should feel obligated to help.
Another issue here, is that it seems much of the newer content is designed around the idea of people having all the buffs, because everybody has a list of buff bots. And it is just so tedious to go through and buff up, then log that toon for your box to buff it, just so you can go do something. And if you need a port somewhere, and one of those toons isn't a porter, you have to do the account-two-step for that also. Just too many un-fun things to overcome.

But we should probably stop shitting up their thread with this SoD stuff I guess.
Oh I wasnt speaking strickly of sod, eq and emu servers really any mmo. If you have content that needs more than one person, only benefits one person but doesnt allow boxing progress can be a problem.

Balancing that is the hard part I ment.

Last edited:
it is hard. I think the sod team did an amazing job on it. I feel we are also going in the right direction.

It has been a while since I opened any form of EQ. When someone in group turns in a quest can people in the group also get rewards? Some kind of Buddy Token that you can spend for flare, aesthetics, silly stuff would be a good way to encourage being a buddy by helping out with certain quests. Titles associated with the total number of Buddy Tokens you have acquired, boxes of angry rabbits that just run around without attacking anything, magic pants that summon beer, etc...

We have a token like quest/Event made, Where you earn tokens for killing a boss, and can spend your tokens at a vendor.

Back
Top Bottom