An Opening Void

Perma camping or w/e name it is given to await a specific mob/event to spawn is a bad thing overall. The easiest solution which does not involve the staff to make hard decisions is to communicate and share between guilds and it should go something like this "you guys killed this mob last time , give us a chance please and next time we will yield in the same fashion."

Stop killing Taeshbro please. I know you need loot but I do too.

Also - if 4.3 ears were as common as robes I would probably be on the spectating side of this thread.

There are a couple of problems here and a lot of them can be summed up with "This is why we can't have nice things!"

We have recently gotten 3 new people working on our beloved server to help us iron out some issues and create new content. This will not only make our lives and enjoyment better but create a better chance for new players. Admin burn out is also a real issue on this server and I think it starts with the Admin pretty much never being able to play their characters because anything they do gets chalked up to corruption. If you remove their ability to play the game without being hassled about it you will also quickly lose their passion for and interest in spending their free time doing something nice for people who act like they're responsible for the faults of the game. One time maybe its not power exploitation, it can just be because they are an asshole.

Next, I am not in a position to think 4.3 is an option for me so take my opinion for what you find it worth but the day I have to sit around waiting for a spawn so I can "claim" it is the day this game is dead to me. Ive only ever been in competition for a 6-man target once and I kinda got more enjoyment out of it than completing the fight. My enjoyment might have been because we got the orders first and were already pretty much cleared anyway or it could be that the item I wanted didn't drop. If were being honest though I think that its the fact that when we shouted that we had the orders the other group wished us luck and took off. That has been my general experience in this game. Either getting somewhere 5 mins early and the other group gracefully bowing out, getting somewhere 5 mins late and finding something else to do or getting somewhere and joining forces for less boxes. I understand this is a competitive PvE game and that the epeen is strong on this server but it isn't like there are a lot of us. How many people you gonna have to play with you after you're done shitting in the sand box?

TL;DR: Shame on them for trying to leap frog you and pity for you for having to spend your free time in such a way. Just because this is a competitive game doesn't mean we have to be assholes to each other.

Last edited:
if some virgin no life nerds want to sit on the pillow 3 hours before the window for 4.3 opens , then continue to sit on it for 12 hours until it spawns, and you try to leapfrog them, you are an asshole. this really seems like a non issue to me. no extra mob or rules needed

GM Corruption

Just to clear the air, I wasn't calling anyone out for corruption on the matter but it doesn't sit right that this mob has been untouched since its inception, and after alllllll this time we finally find a problem with the way it's being camped when someone new comes out of the woodwork and wants to try it. I'm all for staffers having the ability to still play a character the way it was intended, and I think it's cool we allow it. However, there's been multiple guilds/parties/people simultaneously competing for this mob for years, including many staff members. The way things were worked out fine and historically had almost always led to a level of respect for the opposing party who got to the mob first. The proposed changes to this mob from the discussions we had would make the competition for this mob a virtual shit show if we're forced to sit in a lobby and race to a mob and the group with the bard and 3 vah back wizards win the rights when they get the killshot. And the discussion for these changes shouldn't be limited to 2 people, one of which is in the guild that brought about these changes in the first place.

All I'm saying is that this is the way it's been for years. Everyone who's killed it had to go through the same process. Why is this an issue?

Last edited:
Just instance the fight. There is probably several xi'valla dimensions. Its all fake anyways, more fake is still fake. Less fighting

This has been re-purposed to behave differently. It's now in the 4.3 room and is supposed to discourage you from camping it before it spawns. You still can claim the wing this way it's just going to be more burdensome if you chose to. Tweaks will likely happen. This has been Twist/Slaar approved so hopefully this clears up the confusion that was present last spawn.

I don't think it is a typo. I can think of many instances where people wait on a spawn window to claim an encounter by killing trash mobs waiting for either the encounter to spawn or the rest of the raid to arrive. I'm not sure what makes you think this is new to shards in any way.

I'd like to give some feedback to the "claim" event...

Firstly- the mobs truck and the AoE is too hard of a ramp for six too spawn. Understandably its not supposed to be "easy" but I think its a bit too overtuned. Spawn frequency is rough- and rightfully so, but I think the quantity and AoE need to be reduced.

Back
Top Bottom