Any word yet on necro replacement AA?

Not all undead models work in all zones. It's been too long for me to remember which don't travel well, though.

Finally stopped slacking and finished pet enough to go in next patch probably. DPS seems acceptable enough to put out there and see how it does in real situations before making any adjustments.

Minion Skills working for melee pets should go in at the same time although I still need to do a quick test to make sure I didn't break anything with that.

Is the caster pet going to be accessable for most folk? Standard or quest drop? I'm very eager to test it :)

I can only reference my interior monologue response to this news;

omghothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothotomgomghothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothotomgomghothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothotomgomghothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothotomgomghothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothotomgomghothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothotomgomghothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothotomgomghothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothotomgomghothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothotomgomghothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothotomg

While I like the Idea and thought put behind this new concept for us necro's. I'd of loved seeing it done for Runic 2. Instead of taking our AE ability from Runic 1 out. Needless to say I've tested it on 3 mobs and while its nice to have 2 different pets. Not having the AE Runic 1 is pretty lame.
Thats just my 2 cents as a necro

Wegas

The pet is cool and all and thank you for this thing.

Using it to replace the only AE dps spell we had was lame. (which you have to work for not just buy from some jacked up vendor) I thought this was about replacing festering curse?

Runic: Heirophant's Breath I think was the right direction for the class to go. It doesn't have very efficient raid uses but for xp groups it was pretty awesome and there is nothing wrong with that. In fact, I think it needed to be boosted as I once suggested not removed from the game entirely.

Surely removing something from the game that made the class fun to play can't be a good thing? The most fun I've had playing my necro in recent times has been in xp groups using nearly exclusively the Runic 1 spell. This should never have been replaced or removed and I hope more necros get behind this and we get it back. If I had to choose between the pet and the dot id take the dot.

All you necros are officially uninvited from my madcrazyOMFG rem aoe groups. Cept for you wegas - you can come leach if you want.

I hope there will be some more feedback from necros before next patch. I find the concept really neat.

It is a neat concept, which is why I am not gonna waste it on runic2 where no one will actually get to see it.

Hierophant's Breath will be back next patch and I'll just forget I bothered. If you want to see Hierophant's Breath improved you'll have to ask Woldaff, it's his baby and his numbers to change.

Why cant caster pet enter the game another way instead of "wasting a slot"? Other classes get spell Drops and such. More spells with more sourcesdoesnt hurt anything.
Id reallydig it in the game. Make it another relic :)

Last edited:
So don't remove it completely? :X I'm sure it fits somewhere in the necro spell arsenal.
I'm not an expert on them, but I'm sure scent of the murk could be renamed and added to regular spells and this one incorporated into one of murk spells or maybe, as mages get summon spectral silk spell from another Murk quest (Morbid Curiosity), necros could get the pet who used to wear those clothes.
(Yeah, i'm no good at brainstorming right after waking up, but I'm sure you've already thought of these things, so I'm showing some moral support.)

It's intended to comparable to Relic pet if not potentially better, so it can't be too easy to obtain. I'm not interested in making any quests or forcing people to farm specific middle-tier raid mobs or anything like that.

Yea I appreciate yourwork. Id reccomend slotting in a new relic. Or make it an extra murk quest as above. Or make scent of murk "scent of decay". Make it a normal spell drop (I don't find it all that great), then make lichmo pet the murk spell. Or make it bought in some evil town or place. Or off of a single mob in the world like the wis/sk spells. Maybe make it an eldrich hand in at murk instead Of erimal

Oh. If itself meant to match runic .. it. Could be a further step after rune 1. Runic ..1.5

Or better yet. Make the aoe the murk spell and caster-pet runic one. Change scent of murk into a standard drop.

Not having an aoe in early 65 Aa grind is turds.

Jesus typing on this kindle sucks

Last edited:
Replace WIZ murk spell with it, we will love you for that! (We love you anyways, but yeah)

Back
Top Bottom