Any word yet on necro replacement AA?

Zaela please don't remove it. It's a lovely spell and you really shouldn't pay attention to them. AoEing has only gotten necros 1 1/2 years of nerfing, and HB is a garbage spell. Only useful if the group you are in is completely ghetto.

Please keep the pet in, it has raid and 6 man boss functionality which is the necros primary reason for being. It is far more interesting then burst lich.

Last edited:
Is there a lot of crazy behind the scenes drama over all this? Seems like good ideas so far that can make most folk happy.

Zeala is not going to give us any thing as powerful as a spell mimic without us having to give up something. Thats how the class stays balanced and she wont keep it in unless there is consensus among all necros.

Also, bitching about a spell just patched in without giving at least two weeks and probably a month to see how it shakes out in all possible situations is seriously just greedy and selfish. You two retards just fucked this class and pre-disposed itto utter duration raid mediocrity until the server closes.

I tried it. I summoned it and made it attack different kinds of blue con mobs in remnants solo and then later in citadel with a group with /s 2, /s 3, even /s 1 just to see what happened.

It was fun. Probably boosted my dps by quite a bit for short time being a "spell mimic" as it were then it ran out of mana and stood there. I made it sit down and thought this is cool... Not worth HB.

Is this just your attempt to break out of raid mediocrity as you say? you want to match it with Solosolki or whoever the fuck your rogues are on parsers? You never will. Simple. Someone has to come 3rd or 4th on the list and this is where necros fall. Just accept it. We could however be useful in a group situation to many people with the way things were.

What's your problem with HB, Velliety? The idea is great cos it was something that the necro class didn't have. We got single target dots for days, why the fuck do you want to go and throw away the only AE dot we got?

There could easily be a place for this pet somewhere in there I just don't think it was worth replacing HB.

We're still waiting for a replacement for festering curse thanks to you, Velleity. This server existed for years with festering curse along side other encounter changing AAs like call of the blessed, gather mana, hand of piety or lady's protection etc. but you came along thinking you're the fucking necro man and have all the answers and get FC removed by no doubt complaining in /gu when you were raiding with your admin bros. If it was so blatantly bad why didn't anyone pick up on it in the last 6yrs?

You, Velliety are the retard that started all of this.

As far as raid-level rewards go I have no doubt that an exping-only spell is much better than any potential enhanced-raid-survivablity pet could be. That's fine, now you can all shut up.

We're still waiting for a replacement for festering curse thanks to you, Velleity.

Burst lich kind of thing ready for next patch, necros completed forever.

I just said it's coming, fuck off.

We're still waiting for a replacement for festering curse thanks to you, Velleity. This server existed for years with festering curse along side other encounter changing AAs like call of the blessed, gather mana, hand of piety or lady's protection etc. but you came along thinking you're the fucking necro man and have all the answers and get FC removed by no doubt complaining in /gu when you were raiding with your admin bros. If it was so blatantly bad why didn't anyone pick up on it in the last 6yrs?

You, Velliety are the retard that started all of this.

Just want to provide a few points of clarification. The only "admin" that Velleity or anyone in FWF for that matter has raided with, is Tarutao. Tarutao has absolutely no weight on class balance decisions, otherwise I am sure there would be far more unfavorable decisions made (especially regarding Vah back). On that same note, the only "Dev" that FWF has raided with was Eisley, who was a trainee for the duration of his time on staff with very limited scope to what he worked on (aka not content we touch).

In addition, just because something has always been the way it is is not an argument that it should be that way. Talk to anyone on staff and they will admit that FC posed a huge problem when it came to giving necros new things because it was so class definining and everything had to be balanced around it. There are plenty of fights out there where the mob dispells itself because of Festering Curse.

Simply put, it was a necessary step to remove Festering Curse; however, not having anything to replace it at the time of its removal or in a timely fashion after the fact is a pretty big mistake in my opinion.

Edit: Also, please rid your posts of your tin foiling and unnecessary vulgarity, this is not chillville.

Last edited:
The FC replacement is being finalized literally as I type this and may go in before the next inflammatory, reactionary, pig-headed reply in this thread.

I would also like to add: the new Necro pet from what I am hearing sounds like a really neat addition to the Necro arsenal. The only negative feedback there seems to be is that it is replacing a Necro's only source of AoE damage. I am not sure this is as large of an issue as Drezin is making it though.. the classes' niche is sustained DPS on single targets.

I will sympathize though that it is certainly neat to have some capacity of AoE damage, this could probably be maintained via some other spell (replace murk spell with it?) -- OR -- keep HB as the runic and make the pet the murk spell?

Zaela, don't scrap this entire idea just because one person is whining about losing HB.

If it is preferred it I would be happy to turn the Archaic and Relic DoTs back to their pre-FC-removal states when the FC replacement goes in. They were only bumped up to pick up the slack from FC, after all, and they may have been the result of undue influence.

The idea of the pet being the murk spell without touching HB was already put forward and a sensible idea at that.

The idea of the pet being the murk spell without touching HB was already put forward and a sensible idea at that.

Isn't the murk spell just a scent with some resist debuff removed so it will stack with druid archaic? If so that's pretty terrible.

Back
Top Bottom