Any word yet on necro replacement AA?

Isn't the murk spell just a scent with some resist debuff removed so it will stack with druid archaic? If so that's pretty terrible.

Its disease and poison. Fire removed so it stacks with druid debuffs. -39 resists. -50 resist mod (poison) previous version is -35 with fire. Same other numbers.

Someone remind me how that murk quest compares with raiding relic-dropping stuff difficulty-wise (I have no idea).

Someone remind me how that murk quest compares with raiding relic-dropping stuff difficulty-wise (I have no idea).

It doesn't. Murk spell is pretty easy to get but the events might be hard if you don't have some pretty well equipped friends? Eitherway my post was just me thinking it was silly you get two spells that are essentially the same except one is to fix a stacking problem instead of just you know fixing the original spell :(.

The quest is here: http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Voices

You get dubious with frogs

Get a book from kaesora ghosts

Find a ground spawn

Go to badlands

Fight some junk then a toughish but groupable named mob.

Do a weird thing to 30 or so green trash. Spawn a harder name space alien

Camp a rare name in the ass end of kaesora (2 hours for me)

I'm fuzzy on the tiers. I did most of it with. Bigger homies. Id say its easier than relics. Id respect the aoe being there and the pet being runic personally.

Last edited:
I'd say its harder than relics, simply for the fact that with relics, you

join pug
roll on relic
win/lose

The quest is here: http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Voices

You get dubious with frogs

Get a book from kaesora ghosts

Find a ground spawn

Go to badlands

Fight some junk then a toughish but groupable named mob.

Do a weird thing to 30 or so green trash. Spawn a harder name space alien

Camp a rare name in the ass end of kaesora (2 hours for me)

I'm fuzzy on the tiers. I did most of it with. Bigger homies. Id say its easier than relics. Id respect the aoe being there and the pet being runic personally.

Wow, necros get an awesome caster pet, and promptly nuke their own foot off and lose it. Hooray for dumb.
(This is what I took away from this thread.)

I am certain mages, wizards, or even enchanters would happily have this thing Zaela. Don't delete it.

I think most necros are happy for it. Some don't want to loose some versitility from the aoe. I don't think anyone hates it or even dislikes it. I personally love the idea and want to try it.

I am also a necro with the runic. Have tried it out a bit. It does seem to run out of mana fast, but it is a cool addition and would hate to lose it. With that being said, ever since getting HB a month or so ago I have entered a nice world of AE groups which are fun and great XP. So if there is any other switch or change instead of getting rid of HB, that would be great in my opinion for us.

I can live for a while without HB. I think it would be too rash to remove the new pet so quickly. If perhaps a few things were tweaked, and hopefully find another place for HB, I think that would be the best bet.

Last edited:
No one said get rid of it.

Just that it shouldn't have replaced what it did and that a more suitable option needs to be found like the murk spell.

I think that you should make a list of things you LOVE about necros and never want changed. The R1 probably would have been on the list, but everyone's always talking about what they want changed.

I think the swapping of the spells is the best fix to this because the new pet seems awesome.

The murk spell is not nearly as difficult to acquire as the runic 1 spell. Murk is a semi-involved quest, but really only requires you to complete hatesa (solo run), get murk frogs to like you enough to let you in the city, a couple drops from "easy parts" of favored ikisith xp zones (kaesora and bq), and then a couple fights in east badlands (iirc).
Runic 1 requires hatesb run, indiff faction with refuge, and then 3 drops from those same 2 zones, 1 of which only drops on the "hard sides" of them.

Low to mid-tier raiders can acquire the murk spell fairly easily (not sure if fresh 65's could or not), while you need to have a mid (at least) to upper tier group just to do the hatesb run.

What about keeping the pet at the r1 level, and then moving the present r1 to r2? Or, make the present r1 into the replacement of the lost aa ability? It would still use the button that way.

Burst lich seems to be broken due to an old check to prevent FC from being cast on clients that I didn't think of (not being able to test spells directly pre-patch is great). Next time...

Not sure why caster pets are still around because I definitely put HB back in its place before sending spells off to be patched.

the pbaoe was pretty crap without insidious infection. i only ever used it in hopes to get some kill shots for group mana after the real aoe classes did the damage. i suggested it doing the same damage and ticks as archaic in 2 different threads. if it can't get a boost in damage then it's a waste and this pet seems to be better.

i will play with it more later i only got to spend a little time using the pet and noticed if you pet attack and then hit recall the pets cast still goes off. it be nice if that would interrupt it.
any way our lich can go onto pet like combine buffs?

I think replacing the casting pet with the murk scent line would be ideal, thus giving us back HB... As for the other douchebag that commented on us sustaining dot dmg on one mob.... ur forgetting one minor thing... HB is a dot.

Wegas
65 nec
Nerf'ed to all hell

or HB could be the murk spell and the pet can stay runic 1. the new pet is probably going to need some adjusting but it's a great idea and i'm willing to work to try and balance it. don't give up on it Zaela!
needing JB on it is not going to work. asking for patch JB every raid wipe is pretty shitty. pet buff will knock off the pets sb jb so don't go using that.

i pet dueled a similar buffed necro relic pet and it kicked its ass(i was surprised), was at about 65ish mana with JB and 100% health in the end. the way its working now the relic pet seems more reliable. give it silks, collar, weapons, you don't have to worry about it running out of mana, which happens real quick. Plus it can actually tank a tad.

i'd love to work out some kinks and keep this pet in game.

Zaela, thanks for taking the time that you have for putting in the new pet. I'd like to try it out (if I ever get runic), but if I never have it, I'd have nothing to complain about it, I suppose. I can understand some disgruntlement over losing the AoE, but that shouldn't have met you with unappreciation for trying to help us necros.

More importantly, thanks for working to get a replacement for Festering Curse. Even if it's still broken atm, it is certainly a step in the right direction and I'm happy to be a little more patient for it to get fixed. We did feel forgotten for a long time when FC was taken away without an immediate replacement and then we had to wait so long for the replacement. I certainly appreciate your effort to have it replaced and eagerly await Dread Lich to be fixed.

I can agree with some points other people have made, such as replacing murk scent spell and etc. But I don't want to seem ungrateful and risk losing anything else.

Thanks again for your hard work getting FC replaced. Can't wait to try it when it gets fixed!

Back
Top Bottom