Any word yet on necro replacement AA?

i feel like it's my problem now! well, if you need a test subject i am up for it. sucks for a runic pet to rarely be used.

the new murk spell is perfectly fine, i'm liking it. i bet the necros wasting there time with old runic pbaoe are happy with it too.

Don't really want to get into it but arcane knight would have taken the place of berserker. As far as I can tell a 17th class would be unworkable in 3.0 (at the very least they could never have more than 5 max HP before items and buffs, which would be a bit hard to balance things around). Second, there's totally room for a 16th class right now in my opinion; they'd just take up a rogue/wizard spot in raids, which most raids seem to have 3 or 4 of already. Arcane knights would have filled the same big DPS role..

Well, I think one of the biggest complaints by people was the "class diversity loot code", or some such hogwash. (Where a mob dropped an extra loot if every class was represented.) Like having different kinds of classes for a job (i.e tanks, healers, dps) is such a bad thing. I had forgotten that the AK was to replace the zerk actually, just remembered it sounded awesome, and wanted to try it out. And if live could code to add bst/zerk, there must surely be a way to do it again. But I'm not a dev, and not likely to be accepted as one, so what do I know.

But anywho, its a necro thread, which I am not.. so I will wander back out.

Arcane Knight. Or just look here. The new class I designed and had all ready to go back in January but wasn't allowed to release or even let anyone try out, because a new class is too scary.

I know better than to waste my time starting anything that is actually interesting to work on now.

Hmm. Well that was several months ago, maybe they will reconsider? Would be nice to try on a test server at least. I loved SoD, but I can't see me ever playing it again, unless there were some huge changes. And by that I don't mean "this sucks and needs a huge change", I just mean that I've played it to death and would only want to play it again if there was something really new and really different to do.

For the past few months I was playing p99 pretty hardcore. Got to above level 50 which is no small task considering that game is close to the original EQ. I reckon in the amount of hours it took me to get to 50 in p99, I probably could have maxed out 2 or 3 characters here. I really love it too, but the population is an issue, especially considering they are so dead set against boxing. And whether I'm playing SoD or P99, the age of it is a problem either way. I'm getting used to GW2 now and it's so cutting edge, and it makes going back to a 13 year old game seem SO OLD. I instantly miss being able to dive out the way of attacks and aim spells at areas on the ground and the nice mix of solo, group stuff, instances, PVP etc.

I don't know what my point/solution is tho. The only thing I can think of is that some of you SoD people start a side project and use some other MMO as the base. I would suggest WoW just because it's so popular and seems quite freely moddable too. Maybe get everyone involved and make a "Shards of Dalaya 2" but on a whole new engine with a different game at the core, but try to replicate the less ez-mode aspects of EQ.

I'm happy to post the sentiment that Arcane Knight is the best idea that never happened in a thread about necros. Put Arcane Knights in the game or else I'll think really bad thoughts about the staff and maybe even write rude things about the staff on the wall of a filthy tavern lavatory.

So what's the deal with Necs anyway, any news on the AE thing or whatever?

p.s. Did anyone read my post on page 2? I am tempted to post it again but condensed.

Last edited:
Necs got death bloom as a replacement aa, and a spell pet. Both are sweet. Don't know if the pet stayed in since i haven't had time to log in since i messed with it.

the new pbaoe seems perfectly fine to me.

the pet is good sometimes. last i tried it still runs low on mana too fast and in most situations your better off with a relic pet with silks, collar, weapons. i do use it on certain fights though.

dread lich is cool but on rough raid fights you can't really ask a healer to hot you, beads don't cut it(but they help), so you have to tap your way through which cost mana. the drop to 1% health is a little rough maybe it should be closer to 30% or 20%

Last edited:
That's up to your raid leader to decide, not the healer. You can always get a pad from the shaman or the 4th cleric.
Bango used to heal me through rough fights when the rest of my group died.

Back
Top Bottom