Auto follow

Valv

Dalayan Elder
Is really bad. Am I alone in finding it almost completely useless? My follower has about a 90% chance of running off in crazy giant circles causing more problems that takes more time to fix than just running x2 would. Can anything be done about it? If the code/lag cannot be made to suck less, can a new /follow system be implemented?

My idea is to summon the /follow toon like a /corpse does so they are just chain summon dragged behind on a tiny leash until broken. If the following toon isn't running it won't shoot off in random directions and cause chaos like they do now.

Aside from a toon being boosted above their run speed by /following a person with a higher swift tome than them(and that can be accounted for by drafting lol) would there be any downsides to a /follow that worked this way? Emphasis on the worked part...

My idea is to summon the /follow toon like a /corpse does so they are just chain summon dragged behind on a tiny leash until broken. If the following toon isn't running it won't shoot off in random directions and cause chaos like they do now.

The main problem I see with this is players using that to get into areas inconsequentially and unintentionally.

From what I've heard, /follow works fine with tweaking the background frames option. Sometimes, people also lose speed from zoning after getting a SoW buff, but I don't know if that is still an issue?

my auto follow works well. set your background fps to unlimited like duke said.

Last edited:
I will say I am amazed how well auto follow works in PoHate and how terrible it is in Cmal. The layout of the zone plays a large roll.

I've never really had issues with it myself.

Set background fps higher like what was suggested. Figure out which toon the game decided is moving faster (rebuffing in zone doesn't seem to fix it and its not consistent as to which one will be faster) and use that one to be the one that's doing the following. Keep your map open when moving, and be mindful that the following toon wont mimic your steps. You're leashing/kiting it basically so if you need to make sharper turns you either need to run slightly past the point you need to turn or pause a moment to allow the other to catch up and make sure to adjust for things like trees, walls, rocks, and anything you can get caught on.

Last edited:
I’m used to baby sitting my follower but the issue I have isn’t them getting stuck, the toon will literally run off in giant circles orbiting the toon they are “following”. This happens often, to the point I don’t even bother with it anymore.

I’ll try playing with settings and see if I can get it working better if I’m the only one with this problem, thanks for the advice.

Oh and for my idea I don’t think I said it but I intended it to only work if the person was already standing right on top of them, not have the range of /corpse, just the same drag mechanic.

Back
Top Bottom