Banging Heads - Eniva Must Die

daenar_sod

Dalayan Elder
Mob has been killed. I'll leave this up for another kill or 2. I'm leaving phase 3 and 4 blank as it's pretty clear no one was interested in helping put in the work necessary to learn the fight and bang heads for days (months if you include time put in during 2.0). If you want to attempt it, I'm willing to assist, but you have to actually put in the time like anything else in this game.

Shout out to the following who put in time in 2.0:
Apros
Nomos
Krentil
Ywom
Solosolki
Ekyu
There's more but I can't remember as it's been months and months.

Shout out to the 2.5 crew who figured it all out:
Ekyu (boxing a tank when we couldn't get one)
Fendyr (boxing also. Though does double ranger actually COUNT as boxing??)
Jraul (reluctantly, we had to harass him, and Ekyu surely thanks him)
Pazms (for saving my ass. I swear I can't box for shit, so letting me focus on healing was pro).
Draeos (yay for removing the last box)

And Dev-Marza who despite the super sassy flavor was very responsive to my obnoxiousness and very quick to implement the changes. It's a very VERY fun fight, very tough, but it's uniqueness is something we don't often see in this game or for that matter most MMO's. Very tightly done, very little room for error. Kudos Marza!

Yellow cues:

1) Constant Cacophony - Deals 150 dmg to self per stack; form ORANGE notes to reset stacks.
2) Dissonance - Deals 4500 dmg to you and all nearby allies (30 meters).
3) Forming
ORANGE notes causes you to take (8000 - 1000*stack_count) dmg.
4) Forming
GREEN notes will cause you to take increased dmg from your YELLOW notes if the BLUE notes are not excited.

Red cues:

1) Constant Cacophony - Deals 25% of your current health as dmg to you and those around you (8 meters).
2) Dissonance - For every point of threat above or below the highest threat player that is not you, you will take 1 dmg.
3)
PURPLE notes will DT you.

Blue cues:

1) Constant Cacophony - Deals 500 dmg to all allies. Standing too close to Eniva incurs small mana drain
2) Dissonance - Deals 5000 dmg. If Current Mana >50%, DT'd
3)
BLUE notes become excited increasing dmg done.
4)
GREEN notes can heal Eniva if too close (20 meters)

Jayla's Insight reads as follows:
Class: Unknown (duh bard). Level: 67
Body: Young Race
Intelligence: Intelligent
*Known Abilities:*
NO offensive magic, NO healing magic, NO buffing magic, NO innate magic, NOT stationary
Health (6), Mana (1), Strength (1), Defense (5)
*Resistances*
MR (2), FR (2), CR (2), PR (2), DR (2)

She mentions that she won't let you win. If she thinks you have the upper hand, she will flee, but not before rewarding your 'bravery'.

Phase 1:
Musical notes begin to pour from Eniva the Troubadour.

The BLUE notes become excited!
You form GREEN notes with a nearby ally, preventing the angry BLUE notes from inflicting damage.
The BLUE notes calm.

You form ORANGE notes with a nearby ally, which still your YELLOW notes.
You are caught in the explosion of YELLOW notes! You have taken XX points of damage.

Dissonant notes burst all around you!

A blur of RED notes creates a number for you to see... ####

Phase 2:
Eniva the Troubadour begins the Cadence of Death.

Cadence of Death - 1100 melee damage to all targets in front of Eniva.
Cadence of Death (Finale) - 50000 dmg split between all players in front of Eniva.

Phase 3:

OMG COLORS?!?! Everything I knew about the spectrum of visible light was a lie!

Also, YOU GOTTA FIGHT! *dun dun* FOR YOUR RIGHT! *dun dun* TO NOOOOOOOT DIE!

Phase 4:
Oh yes, there's a Phase 4. All I'll say for this one is I hope your healers still have mana, and you best be burning hard at this point.

- DPS counters are as follows (counter/dmg): 0/0, 1/150, 2/300, 3/450, ect.
- Melee dps can stack up behind the mob at max range. As long as you learn the timing for Dissonance and spread out appropriately before it lands, no one gets ganked.
- Communication and coordination. Expect to die your first few attempts before you even get to 95%. There's a lot of pieces here, and learning timing is critical.

Things that get you dead:
- Putting healer(s) too close to tank. (Forming PURPLE notes)
- Allowing tank to get too high on aggro. Tanks, check yo'self before you wreck yo'self.
- Allowing melee too close to tank. (Causing dps to take unnecessary large amounts of dmg, wasting healer mana).
- Bringing no tank. RIP ranger/monk/bst tanks. Will be unable to reset DPS counters.
- Bringing 2 tanks. Impossible to position both tanks and your dps so that tank Constant Cacophony doesn't cause significantly unnecessary dmg unless all your dps is caster/ranged.
- Improper flipping and poor timing. A solid T12 group CAN do this. Jyre is not a 100% necessity.
- Going ham with your mana usage.

Things that have negligible impact:
- Pot4/Psalm of Mystic Shielding. Having 700+ MR does negate some of the spell dmg done, but it's definitely not make/break.
- MOTS. Meh.
- GHots. They just waste your mana.
- Not doing Eniva. You'll never beat the game with that kind of attitude!

CnQLkwJ.png

JWzodZJ.jpg
eE4kf4M.png

Last edited:
Huge thanks for the picture. I'll see if I have any shots in my folder of the fight as well. I might, not sure. Definitely helps to have this so ppl understand the basics.

Having a clean and not muddied color palette is big. If we could get a SS of the red numbers tank was getting spammed with too it'd help clarify things.

I could come play tevinter on this but it doesnt seem enchanter friendly from what I've heard.

Step 1 to defeat Eniva: make sure the tank is fed.

I will start editing the original post tomorrow with the colors, what they do, the emotes, a professional done map of suggested starting group positioning (read: ms paint), and ideas. As more ppl chime in and as we make attempts I'll keep a running log of "Things that work" and "Things that get you killed."

Question for Tev and fellow Eniva poopsockers, I think the red notes denote aggro difference, so have we in the past tried to coordinate a mem blur and quick taunt to keep those numbers low?

keeping those numbers low is entirely on the tank, baring in mind wizard ulti/primal will fuck shit up badddd.

Step 1 to defeat Eniva: make sure the tank is fed.

I will start editing the original post tomorrow with the colors, what they do, the emotes, a professional done map of suggested starting group positioning (read: ms paint), and ideas. As more ppl chime in and as we make attempts I'll keep a running log of "Things that work" and "Things that get you killed."

Question for Tev and fellow Eniva poopsockers, I think the red notes denote aggro difference, so have we in the past tried to coordinate a mem blur and quick taunt to keep those numbers low?
1.) I've never even been to eniva.
2.) Pretty sure memblur doesnt even work on mobs above 64.
has anyone tried cheesing the aggro mechanic with 2 tanks (pref both knights) autoattacking with jyre equipped?

Ive put 6-7hrs into this mob and not a single dps ever mentioned this little tidbit

NOTE: -Forming ORANGE notes causes you take (8000 - 1000 * stack count)dmg.

For science...

[Mon Feb 29 19:46:11 2016] NOTE: YELLOW notes surround you:
[Mon Feb 29 19:46:11 2016] NOTE: -Constant Cacophony - 200dmg to self per stack, form ORANGE notes to reset stacks.
[Mon Feb 29 19:46:11 2016] NOTE: -Dissonance - Deals 4500 points of damage to you and all nearby allies. 30m
[Mon Feb 29 19:46:11 2016] NOTE: -Forming ORANGE notes causes you take (8000 - 1000 * stack count)dmg.
[Mon Feb 29 19:46:11 2016] NOTE: -Forming GREEN notes will cause you to take increased damage from your YELLOW notes if the BLUE notes are not excited.

Ive put 6-7hrs into this mob and not a single dps ever mentioned this little tidbit

NOTE: -Forming ORANGE notes causes you take (8000 - 1000 * stack count)dmg.

Looks like it isn't the same as what it used to be which explains that:
(old dps msg)
YELLOW notes surround you
-Constant Cacophony - 300dmg per stack, form ORANGE notes to reset stacks.
-Dissonance- Deals 6000 damage to all nearby allis. 30m
-GREEN notes to help counteract the excited BLUE notes. They will also heal Eniva if too close.
-GREEN notes will cause you to take double damage from BLUE notes if they are not excited.

i still am a firm believer in bringing 3 wiz and an enc for dps and vah curse on engage. srs

Back
Top Bottom