Baubles and Bags

Haenir

Dalayan Master
Just had some poor guy farm all the items for this quest and then be unable to start it because it's level capped (I think it's the only quest like it in game?). I added a note to wiki, which may be sufficient, but it might also be worth bumping the cap to start the quest to lvl 10.

So he was too low level or too high level? And either way there are plenty of examples for both.

He was lvl 7 (had decided to collect all the items before initiating the quest and I guess leveled up that high in the process).

And either way there are plenty of examples for both.
I can't think of any other quest that you simply can't start once you're past a certain level (besides than where other factors are in play -- e.g., Cesspits lvl restriction). Examples?

Pixie dust for favrinna comes to mind, the cranky gnome quest in sadri, basically alot of the newly added newbie quests are level capped. I think the pixie dust one is capped at like level 25.

Wow, brainfart on the cranky gnome, duh.

Point still stands (raise cap a bit to prevent some newb from accidentally lvling past it) however since those examples have higher caps.

Really don't see the point of having max level limits on quests.... or max level for anything aside from adepts. There's enough to learn/restrictions/bugs for a new player to have to deal with, if they want to do a noobie quest at a slightly higher level than intended, I don't see the issue at all.

Back
Top Bottom