Best Solo Class?

Lantherion

Dalayan Beginner
Started playing a few days ago after finding out about the server on agnarr so i downloaded the game and made a pal/clr box but don't really enjoy boxing, its just not for me. Are there any classes that can solo consistantly well even at level cap? I was leaning towards mage but saw a few threads stating that they weren't very good for endgame content, is that true?

Mages are solid they do plenty of DPS bst are pretty solid at soloing? Maybe idk never played one. Bst nec or mage should all be pretty good for soloing. Bard ranger and paladin's and sk's can solo to some extent. Play what you want really but if you want to mostly solo I would recommend staying away from monk rouge sham ench warrior. Basically every class can solo just some better than others. Geer and XP make a huge differenxe

different classes are good at soloing while leveling vs high level. at low levels, best soloers are kiters (necros, druids, to some extent rangers and wizards). at max level beastlords, sks, warriors are probably the best soloers. if you want something that solos well at high levels and okay while leveling, bst is probably your best choice. they solo decently as soon as they get a pet.

different classes are good at soloing while leveling vs high level. at low levels, best soloers are kiters (necros, druids, to some extent rangers and wizards). at max level beastlords, sks, warriors are probably the best soloers. if you want something that solos well at high levels and okay while leveling, bst is probably your best choice. they solo decently as soon as they get a pet.

Shadowknights? Really? I'm assuming it takes a ton of work to get to that point?

Yea kind of. They could probably solo some stuff while leveling up they get lifetaps I think. I think bst sounds like a good fit for you. Shouldn't be to hard getting a raid spot like it would be on a shadow Knight

Shadowknights? Really? I'm assuming it takes a ton of work to get to that point?

People really struggle to convey this but hitting level 65 is basically the start of the race. The difference between a maxed out character with gear and tomes(in my time) and a max aa character with low end gear was monstrous. It is surely even more so now. Most baseline 65 classes are extremely weak even against the lowest ends of content. Getting over the initial hurdles and hitting whatever powerspikes your class may get is probably the most satisfying part of sod.

I liked knights because I felt you experienced personal character progression much more. Its way more noticeable in what you can do as you get gear and experience compared to what you could previously achieve. Yeah you can see a dps class murder a mob and hit a really sick nasty parse on a raid but on a tank you just go back to a zone where you could barely tank 2-3 mobs and now pull the majority of the zone without a blink of the eye. Loved going to kill some raid bosses that I had guilds struggle with a full raid against way back in the day with a friend of mine and just 2-4 characters because knights were out of control. granted those raids may have been very suspect.

at max level beastlords, sks, warriors are probably the best soloers.

Did something change about warriors after the revamp to stamina/stances or are you saying max level as in (shit tons of gear) and not just level 65. Because until the existence of spirit harvest and other items I was pretty sure warriors were doodoo at the solo thing.

tl;dr dont play a fucking rogue.

Last edited:
Did something change about warriors after the revamp to stamina/stances or are you saying max level as in (shit tons of gear) and not just level 65. Because until the existence of spirit harvest and other items I was pretty sure warriors were doodoo at the solo thing.

talking the super high end raid geared warriors. but its... all because of their stance/stamina shit tbh.

I may be biased, but necromancers solo very well at all level/gear ranges.

I soloed leveling 1-65, soloed AA, and quite a bit of tome xp. Grouping is more fun, but is absolutely not a necessity as a necromancer.

I think the most important thing is picking a class that you want to play. In this game there is a huge upper limit on power so you can get situations where 65 wizards that have put a lot of time into their characters can tank better than fresh 65 tank classes.

Best solo class....

It depends on what you want to solo, or how you want to solo.

If you want to be able to solo as difficult a scenario as possible, then Shadow Knight. They can FD to split if needed, they can self heal and take a beating while also doing decent DPS, ending the mob before their mana pool goes out (reason why Paladin and Clerics ect., arent able to solo what SK's can).

But if you want to kill mobs that don't summon, play a Ranger or Wizard. Snare them and bow/nuke down your target.
If you like to be face to face, and also do more dps than a SK, then do a Bst or perhaps a necro (at higher tiers Necro can tank so so, with their lifetaps and pet auxing/dpsing).

If you like a challenge, then do a Wizard, they can blow up mobs really fast, but they cant self heal....
Druids actually do decent dps with their DS and pet, but probably not more than a SK; but then they can port and track...

Warriors are actually not bad at soloing either, you probably need a bit of gear though.

Mages are nice as long as their pet can take the heat, and not to much CC needed.

Enchanters can charm, so can bard. Bard can mass kite, if thats your thing....

Lots of options :) (Way more than what I mentioned here :p)

Last edited:
Bard can only hit 6 mobs at once by they way.. not 100 like you could on old live or p99 if anyone cares
Yeah, but leveling solo you can also chant kite instead. (Not as much fun as killing a whole zone at once though!)

That being said, BST are an excellent solo class for leveling, and while gearing up at 65.

I would say bst or rng.

I've known bsts from sub 65 to t11 tomes/aa'ed and theyre pretty effective and if you ever want to box a healer use a druid for ports ds and good heals.

Rangers, well my main is a ranger and I've aways had a pretty easy time finding good money/exp solo and at his current level/gear/exp its hard to find a group worth my time. I don't mean that offensively but back when I was still farming for my supreme I was pulling 2-4k pp per hour and at min 2-3 AA per hour.

Back
Top Bottom