Boxes Resetting

TrustyMusty

Dalayan Beginner
Every time I go into SOD I am having to reset my boxes even if I /cm save. Can anyone help me resolve this please?

set up everything the way you want it and then /camp and log out all the way and re-login. if you /ex or /q to log out it wont save your settings.

I have done that any more suggestions? I have went in numerous times /cm save sit camp... ,/q etc... thank you in advance for all ideas on fixing this.

Is your EQ folder in program files or program files (x86)? If so put it in the base directory c, d or whatever that harddrive is. I've heard windows is protective of stuff in program files and may not let you save changes.

As far as I know, /cm save is only used for forcing a "save" your character's current clientside data to the server in the event of an impending zone crash, server shutdown for a patch, etc. I think it's effectively useless in the current client, as client-server interaction seems to be stabler with more safeguards than in past clients. It has no bearing on UI layout.

I run SoD from C: > Program Files (x86) in Windows 10 and haven't come across the problem that @Stonewalljack describes. Shifting ~10 gigs all at once is a big undertaking, and it might end up causing more problems down the road (especially if you forget to reconfigure the SoD patcher directory before running it). It might be worth a shot, but I'd leave it as a last resort.

Is it possible you're doing your UI adjustments in a city zone that has "quick camp" enabled and then camping within that zone? A quick camp disconnects your character 10 seconds after initiating /camp, and it could be that changes to UI_Name_sod.ini (whatever your character is called) are not being saved properly because the character isn't being logged out in the traditional way. I don't think this has ever been a problem for me, but it's one of the few things I can think of.

Out of curiosity, try logging into a toon and then logging back out while making note of the time. Then go to your install directory, find UI_Name_sod.ini, right-click it to open Properties, and check the last date it was modified. Does it match up with the time you just logged out a minute ago?

Back
Top Bottom