Broken NPC and Monster Models (Appear as Naked Humans)

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Kadan, Jun 11, 2017.

  1. Kadan

    Kadan Dalayan Beginner

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    Just about every model I have (even half of the playable race npc's) are appearing as naked humans. I read a thread about using a clean Titanium install to fix this, but I do not have access to that any longer. I had to install from the Daybreak launcher. This is my first post so I didn't now if I could add on to the old post or if I needed to create a new one. Are there any other fixes out there that I could look into?

    -Using EQEmu gives me "Invalid Password" every time. Not using the EQEmu allows me to log in.
    -NPC and monsters are naked human models. Some skeletons and occasional playable race npc's appear correct.
    -The problem has spanned in every zone I have looked at.
    -Running off the Daybreak Launcher install of EQ.
     
  2. Haenir

    Haenir Dalayan Elder

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2014
    Messages:
    513
    Try removing all files ending in _chr.txt and then running patch all on the patcher (I thought that all you had to do was patch all on the patcher with the daybreak install -- did you do that?)
     
  3. Kadan

    Kadan Dalayan Beginner

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    I just tried it. That did not fix anything.
     
  4. Haenir

    Haenir Dalayan Elder

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2014
    Messages:
    513
    Turn off luclin models, does that fix things?
     
  5. Haenir

    Haenir Dalayan Elder

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2014
    Messages:
    513
    so after some digging, i found that the different installs have completely different ways of organizing chr.s3d files (and thus the models held in them)

    in short, daybreak installs organize almost all models by model type (e.g., the bat_chr.s3d has the model for bats) whereas the titanium installs organize most models by zone (e.g., qcat_chr.s3d has the model for bats) -- currently the patcher updates chr.txt files to point to those titanium locations -- whereas in daybreak the models aren't there.

    so to solve -- you need to either (1) get all the _chr.s3d files from the titanium install and drop them in your client directory (I tested this and it works) or (2) chr.txt files need to point to the correct s3d files for daybreak installs (yay dev work)
     
    AngryCow likes this.

Share This Page