Broken NPC and Monster Models (Appear as Naked Humans)

Kadan

Dalayan Beginner
Just about every model I have (even half of the playable race npc's) are appearing as naked humans. I read a thread about using a clean Titanium install to fix this, but I do not have access to that any longer. I had to install from the Daybreak launcher. This is my first post so I didn't now if I could add on to the old post or if I needed to create a new one. Are there any other fixes out there that I could look into?

-Using EQEmu gives me "Invalid Password" every time. Not using the EQEmu allows me to log in.
-NPC and monsters are naked human models. Some skeletons and occasional playable race npc's appear correct.
-The problem has spanned in every zone I have looked at.
-Running off the Daybreak Launcher install of EQ.

Try removing all files ending in _chr.txt and then running patch all on the patcher (I thought that all you had to do was patch all on the patcher with the daybreak install -- did you do that?)

so after some digging, i found that the different installs have completely different ways of organizing chr.s3d files (and thus the models held in them)

in short, daybreak installs organize almost all models by model type (e.g., the bat_chr.s3d has the model for bats) whereas the titanium installs organize most models by zone (e.g., qcat_chr.s3d has the model for bats) -- currently the patcher updates chr.txt files to point to those titanium locations -- whereas in daybreak the models aren't there.

so to solve -- you need to either (1) get all the _chr.s3d files from the titanium install and drop them in your client directory (I tested this and it works) or (2) chr.txt files need to point to the correct s3d files for daybreak installs (yay dev work)

i had the same issue with alot of models showing as humans (after steam reinstall) and copying the _chr.s3d files from old titanium over to steam folder DID fix the graphics for me . Thanks Haenir!

Was this fixed or does someone have a link to the correct _chr.s3d files?
I was avle to fix it be uninstalling all of my previous EQ files and folders, then downloading Everquest through the Steam launcher. Personally I directed it to a folder on my desktop called Shards of Dalaya. Do not run the patcher on this. Use the SoDpatcher and direct it to look in the folder you just downloaded. Cleared up all of my problems.

I was avle to fix it be uninstalling all of my previous EQ files and folders, then downloading Everquest through the Steam launcher. Personally I directed it to a folder on my desktop called Shards of Dalaya. Do not run the patcher on this. Use the SoDpatcher and direct it to look in the folder you just downloaded. Cleared up all of my problems.

I'll have to try this later tonight when I'm home.

Earlier with the direct download from dawnbreak or w/e its called I tried using the SoD patcher to login and keep getting errors.

One was something about "procedure entry point ail set 3d room type@8"

And the other was " application unable to start correctly 0xc0000142"

Back
Top Bottom