Buffs

In terms of soloing, duoing, and grouping, playing with full good buffs is faster and more fun. Loading all those buffs is unfun. I didn't play for a few months and lost a notepad file with info to like 20 good buff bots. My character hasn't changed but my ability to do fun things in a fast, efficient way is dead. Because I'm not begging in ooc to buy a raego for 12 copper.

So what you're saying is my shaman can grind just as efficiently with just his buffs...........Ya right. You thrown on full SB buffs and you tear through shit like 5 times faster and can do so for much longer. Sure, you can kill things self-buffed, but why would you want to? I don't want to waste more than 4 hours a day as it is playing a game, so I'd like to get a full potential from it.

Just curious, when was the last time any of you actually tried killing things without full buffs? You guys are way overestimating what buffs do for you.

I would say my druid kills just as fast with only self buffs

The power increase of full raid buffs obviously changes with the tier of the character. When I was duoing EW orcs at t2 full buffs were godmode. Now at t11 they arent that important esp for xp.

if we combine this idea with slaariel's (exp = buffs), then i guarantee that this revamp would = player does more work than loading filthy buffbots

make a supplication to a representative of the temple of divine light in the name of tarhyl = you get sb relic mage ds....as long as you pay 200p and 50k exp

people pledged to the temple of divine light get very slightly stronger buffs???

Then why do it? This min/max thing mystifies me. You don't need to be fully raid buffed to do any xp group content. Load whatever buffs you have in your group and go. There's nothing wrong with doing cita with nature's preservation or beastlord haste, I've done it and things still die just fine.

You're intentionally hamstringing yourself by wasting time on out of group buffs that you don't need.

Because when you are on tier or below tier for certain content it is required. Because wasting you're time exping at a significantly slower rate is atrocious in this game. I think we have a vastly different experience of efficient exping.

Last edited:
EDIT: Due to propular demand by my guild, I am not longer allowed an opinion on the forums. Thank you and good night.

Last edited:
have fun farming charm money by gating to wherever your enchanter bot lives every 45 minutes. + zoning time and crashing on each box at least one time while loading them. or just constant meditation breaks cause you don't have jb or kei. or swing your big phallic sword 50% slower cause empower faded. buffs should be permanently soul bound just as illusions are.

I'd actually like to go the other direction. All buffs last forever and never fade as long as the buffer remains in the group or raid. That takes care of rebuffing completely, and makes care and feeding of buff bots totally irrelevant.

have fun farming charm money by gating to wherever your enchanter bot lives every 45 minutes. + zoning time and crashing on each box at least one time while loading them. or just constant meditation breaks cause you don't have jb or kei. or swing your big phallic sword 50% slower cause empower faded. buffs should be permanently soul bound just as illusions are.

I farmed most of my charm without any haste

(a shaman or enchanter sorry people but you might need to bring one),

Do you understand how hard it is to not only find a mained, active, non-shit enchanter....but to find a group as a shaman? Groups would rather have a druid or cleric 90% of the time for group healing. If you are going for grinds, slows and malos and cripples aren't going to be essential for success. You will be grinding mostly easy shit for hours on end. My main is a shaman and I have an enchanter alt inspired by Mazi), and I will promise you it is hard finding groups with either one. Same with my BST.

Also, we are trying to eliminate the un-fun task of having to rebuff, buff, and waste time loading buff bots. Why would we want 15 minute duration buffs that could be extended to 45 minutes?

To reply to Otcho, there IS a huge difference in efficient grinding fully buffed than sitting in Mielech C with self buffs clearing 1 wing in the time it takes a duo to both east and west wings. It is what it is, a time investment. Do people really have nothing more important or fun than spending 10+ hours a day on SoD?

Last edited:
This is a big assumption to make of people.

bards work also!

Make sb buffs duration 24 hours or something stupid long so at worst you have to load them all up once a day/raid and not have to worry about it, anyone who has access to these buffs uses them all the time anyway, this just lowers the frequency you have to do the annoying buffing.

But the buffbot is a better idea because the biggest frustration about buffing is when you are boxing and have to load every buff 2x! In a game that basically forces you into 2boxing its better to make the process painless as possible and a buffbot would be a major help in that.

Hail Athica City Buffbot 9000
Athica City Buffbot 9000 says: Hail Evye about to head out on an adventure? If you require magical aid I am authorized to cast the following buffs...for a price of course:
/cm d1 I would like raego
/cm d2 I would like jb
/cm d3 ect ect

/cm d1 I would like raego
You lose 50pp
Athica City Buffbot 9000 begins to cast a spell
you feel raegoy

If having full relic buffs available to anyone all the time is to powerful you could make access to the buffbot a quest or a relic scroll turn in before it will cast the more powerful buffs.

bards work also!

I conveniently have a bard who I play a lot in experience groups and this is why I can tell people like took2summit they are wrong when they state buffs are overrated. The clear times I experience with the same group being fully buffed opposed to being improvised with bard haste/minimal buffs is huge.

Do people really have nothing more important or fun than spending 10+ hours a day on SoD?

This has always been a reality.

Last edited:
I farmed most of my charm without any haste

Because haste is real important to a druid, right? Yeah, sure. I bet you made sure to have JB or KEI though...

And yes, the higher in tier you go, the less effective the buffs can be if you are just farming some where. A tier 9+ toon can clear EW orcs before the respawn with self-buffs only, I bet. If you want to do 6-man stuff, or on-tier encounters.. then they make all the difference in the world.
A 15 minute base duration on all buffs is the WORST idea I have ever seen on these forums. Buffs need to last longer, not less time. Also, bst can cast haste also people, just don't have the group celerity spell shammy get. But people wouldn't know that, because nobody ever wants to take one in an exp group anyways.

@Grim: Shammy have the best single target heal and virtually endless mana, I would think getting an xp group would be a cinch as one. Unless of course, the group is being bad and everyone is getting aggro, or ae heavy mobs.

@Grim: Shammy have the best single target heal and virtually endless mana, I would think getting an xp group would be a cinch as one. Unless of course, the group is being bad and everyone is getting aggro, or ae heavy mobs.

Trust me man. I have all my relics, I have been playing a shaman and rogue duo since EQ's debut, and I still can hardly find groups. Why take a shaman with single target healing when you can bring a druid or cleric and keep the whole group fully topped. I am starting a bard this weekend. I'm hoping bard/shaman will be ok for me.

I'd make a tank then if I were you, tank/healer = start of a group then, just have to find dps to fill it. Look me up, I'll come dps with you, I am always lfg anyways.

I've thought about doing a tank, but the investment of gearing and shit is insane. I figure the bard + shaman should be able to pick up groups np. If not, I can just solo. Worst comes to worst....I'll just go back to the same duo I have ran since EQ first released. Rogue/Shaman and just cry and bitch and moan my way through LFG. =)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom