Casting "locked".

Snake

Dalayan Elder
Not sure if this has already been adressed, if so, my bad.

Is it a setting that the devs can manage somehow, that when your casting a spell, you basicly can't do anything, cant target, cant open bags, cant pick up stuff in bags ect.?

If so it would really be nice to have it unlocked again, really miss being able to do more than just wait for the spell to complete, to for example set up for a vah banner swap, or just targeting something. (I know you can scroll thrue targets while casting, it helps, but its not the solution).

The most common cause of this is when you cast a outdoor only spell in a indoor zone or use a clicky that you don't meet the recommended level for.

The most common cause of this is when you cast a outdoor only spell in a indoor zone or use a clicky that you don't meet the recommended level for.

He is not talking about the perma-greyed out spells bug.

He is referencing the inability to manage inventory while casting any spell, anytime.

There's one workaround for this that I've used for years with clickies, though it only works for classes who can cast spells of their own:
  1. Cast any spell (preferably on yourself).
  2. Immediately upon finishing casting, use your clicky.
  3. While the clicky is casting, you are free to manipulate your inventory, target things, etc.
This is best for gate necks because it allows you to get the item micromanagement out of the way in advance, meaning you don't have to worry about zoning and doing the usual tedious task of rearranging your bags/items on the other side.

As for what governs this in the first place, I don't have a clue. Someone like Rymy or Slaar would likely be able to give specifics.

Yeah Grinkles, I know about the "Do stuff while your clicker spell is casting", but thanks for the tip ;) (Not sure you can actually pick up items in bags though, I'll try a bit more....)

I don't think Bard perks, and being able to move stuff around in Inventory is quite the same; thats not what I think we should get.

Anyway, does anyone know if it is an option in the current client, to "liberate" us a bit, while we casting spells? If anything just being able to target while casting, would be a major upgrade (also the "mouse fucked" thing that happens is very annoying. Easy to fix sure, but it not happening at all, would be amazing :) )

Yeah Grinkles, I know about the "Do stuff while your clicker spell is casting", but thanks for the tip ;) (Not sure you can actually pick up items in bags though, I'll try a bit more....)
You can when you use the trick I outlined above. That's the whole point of my post! :p

I don't think Bard perks, and being able to move stuff around in Inventory is quite the same; thats not what I think we should get.
He's referencing an unintended side effect of Bard singing; since their casting mechanic is altered to allow for movement and inventory manipulation during songs, they're able to move things around in their bags during a clicky cast even though it's not technically a song. At least, I think that's how it works...

Back
Top Bottom