Class Comparison By class

Cyzaine

Staff Emeritus
Hey, a newbie here, so don't flame too hard if this is an oft repeated question or if this is the wrong forum. Search didn't come up with much related to this.

I was a vet of the original eq, up to PoP, and will be starting SoD as soon as my new discs come in the mail. While I wait, I had a quick question for the vets. When I played live, I was an Erudite Paladin, having randomly picked a class/race combo without knowing anything. This caused me some real grief ( and much unsolicited SotSS related spam ), particularly early on. Knowing what the general population thought would have allowed me a better noobie combo.

Before I commit to a combo here, I was curious what the general 'stereotype' for each class was, based on what class you play? Things along the line of 'I'm a healer, I think rogues suck as they are mana sponges' or 'I'm a monk, and I think they solo great but dislike rangers... etc etc', are helpful, and give me a fairly good idea of how every class feels about everyone else before I just jump in.

Thanks in advance for dealing with this noobish and somewhat vague question.

I'm a bard and I think there are too many bards.

Lots of people will tell you that paladins, rangers, and mages are a bit underpowered right now.

If you like to solo, I'd go mage, beastlord, or necromancer. If you don't like pet classes, try soloing with a druid or a bard.

I'm a wizard and all tanks are terrible because they don't hold aggro :hmph:

No race/class combo is suicidal here, one of the best paladins on the server is erudite

May I remind those who seem to have forgotten, it is illegal to post about certain things on these boards:

Liam said:
Pirates Beware
No warez, including the original game, no matter who is supplying it, including the creators of it. In fact, no commercial files period. Posting any links to any commercial files no matter your own thoughts on the legality can result in a ban for you. No serials, cracks, subtle hints at where you can DOWNLOED DA FILEZ or anything of the sort. Take your chances.

Says the guy from the guild where people die left and right because Sald can't hold aggro . . . .

(<3 Draxx)

Anyways, back to the topic at hand...

I'm a shadowknight. My pet is worthless, my dots suck, I do bad dps, some of my skills don't cap at 250, but hey... I hold good agro and I somehow outparse bards :keke:

I would suggest not making a warrior, or even a tank at that. If you do prepare for slow groupage and maybe even a hard time getting a good guild. (speaking from experience. I fished my way from lvl 63-65 basically)

I play a rogue. They are, by a wide margin, the most enjoyable class to play. :)

I have envy towards monks and wizards. :hmph:

P.S.
(rangers are not underpowered)

Back
Top Bottom