Class Comparison By class

Oh goodness... I never lose my pet unless he's busy offtanking a mob while I'm keeping someone else alive on a 4 or 5 pull while the cleric is oom... now admittedly I'm not a top end 65 shm yet, but still, any extra dps that I can put out by going click once per mob is easily worth it to me. Sure I could be lazy and avoid the single click to make pet attack, but since my dps pales compared to other classes, my pet dps is always welcome. Oh and */pet notaunt* when you enter a zone does wonders for keeping a pet alive in a group.Also, shamans do NOT have a special heal for pets. So no extra spell slot there...

On some fights druid and shaman pets are nice bonus dps from your healer section, but in a fight with whirlwind, rampage or an AE trying to keep them alive is a waste of mana, plain and simple. (This is for raids, most xp mobs are not nearly as nasty)

Wesell said:
What kind of DPS are you doing that 20-40 extra isn't worth the effort of /pet attack?

Which can easily be built right into /assist macro ;) and is mana free essentially excluding summon cost of it and possibly healing, but in any case is still well worth it the only time it's not really worth using might be on ae/rampage/ds mobs and even then depending on how strong ae/rampage/ds and group make up it could easily enough be worth while.

robopirateninja said:
On some fights druid and shaman pets are nice bonus dps from your healer section, but in a fight with whirlwind, rampage or an AE trying to keep them alive is a waste of mana, plain and simple. (This is for raids, most xp mobs are not nearly as nasty)

That's certainly true in those cases it's easier to just let them die and re summon after, but just don't bother rebuffing them if your going to be fighting more of those types of mobs or just not keep them up at all for those mobs after they done and your done with them. That's a situational case you really gotta determine for yourself and group make up can play a significant factor in deciding. For example if you got a shaman and anywhere from 2 to 4 classes with group healing capabilities you'll likely be pretty well set despite ae/rampage/ds and so fourth.

Tbh I almost never use the druid pet when I'm on imeriaz. It's simply not worth it most of the time. Reasons being
A) goes down pretty fast
B) Inconsequential damage
C) Imer can tank
D) I need that hotkey for something else

Refreshing all its buffs, the casting time on the pet itself, etc, all leave me just popping a charm off on something when I feel like it. I'm betting I'm not the only druid by far that never summons a pet. Also as far as shaman pets go, the same thing applies.

I use druid pet more like some sort of rune if mobs start attacking the druid. You kinda need that when I pull.

tinkaa said:
I use druid pet more like some sort of rune if mobs start attacking the druid. You kinda need that when I pull.

with tinkaa? Yeah people generally want those when I pull with aisling too :D

Also, maybe its just me, but do dru/shaman pets seem more difficult to control? Like shammy pets if I spam back its like they're pissed sometimes, and they just stay put. Magepets seem better behaved.

ryutakin said:
Not every druid is a Beast like Imer :psyduck:

true but she was even when she was minorly twinked. I mean she's obviously beasty now. But I would still put her in the upper middle class twinking area. She still has a few pieces that are crap.

vistachiri said:
true but she was even when she was minorly twinked. I mean she's obviously beasty now. But I would still put her in the upper middle class twinking area. She still has a few pieces that are crap.

Should fix this if you start to play again =/

I miss Aisling.

Pew Pew good times.

ryutakin said:
Should fix this if you start to play again =/

I miss Aisling.

Pew Pew good times.

I'll probably be at the event if it goes down tuesday, though this is providing I can get everything reinstalled, my c partition went poof for some weird unknown reason and I lost a buttload of stuff.

tinkaa said:
I remember the first time we tried to do the pulls in Air together. Much <3 for you though.

Nurgock said:
I remember the first time we tried to do the pulls in Air together. Much <3 for you though.

I can actually even split now and not even that bad if I try :monocle: :eek:
(except one mob that I always forget to pull, run by, switch to my druid and then figure Cvet died when my regen wore off..)

Tryfaen said:
SoD could use more intelligent and skilled high end rogues.

I was thinking about rolling a Rogue...but every single time I get one to max level every guild is either full, doesn't want a Rogue, or laughs because you can fill in their spot with a Mage class.

Too many classes syndrome.

Every guild would do well to have 2 active rogues.(which is more than some other classes)

Tryfaen said:
Too many classes syndrome.

Every guild would do well to have 2 active rogues.(which is more than some other classes)

So would it not be a good idea to roll a Rogue? I'm a very hardcore raider and I'm not a complete idiot. I haven't raided in SoD but I'm sure it isn't much harder than raiding in EverQuest, EverQuest 2, and World of Warcraft.

If you want to raid and want to do DPS, your options are Wizard and Rogue. wizards are in higher demand but rogue certainly isn't a bad choice.

Tryfaen said:
If you want to raid and want to do DPS, your options are Wizard and Rogue. wizards are in higher demand but rogue certainly isn't a bad choice.

Hmm, does race cause a problem? I was thinking either Halfling or maybe Dark Elf.

Back
Top Bottom