Class Top 5 Thread

This thread (and the list in the OP) is not official.

The list on the wiki is not official.

If people use this thread with the rules listed in the OP, then the wiki page is not a reason to lock/trash this thread.

I didn't mean to insinuate you should trash this thread because of the wiki. You should trash this thread because it's bad.

Stickying the wiki version is also for completely unrelated reasons; it'd just be a nice thing to do. You could even put a big *Unofficial* label right next to it. It'd be a down right public service.

LOL, if everybody gives it 1 star (for terrible) then all that means is it gets a gold star on the Classes and Gear page, whereas every other thread has no gold stars. It makes it look BETTER!

You should all go over and give the other thread 5 stars, and maybe it'll stand out better!

Anti > Plaps...... 83 > 18 tomes, 9841 > 9494 mana. Tools 4 > Tool 1. No way a cella and 33% more worn haste makes him better no matter witch way you look at it.
The healing from tools 2/3/4 heals more than that 33% haste and cella

I don't know why I have to explain that around 60 fluff tomes don't make your character much better to people who have played this game long enough to know that "more tomes = better than" isn't true, but realistically here is the difference:

• Healing Increment 8 vs 7, a 3% heal value modifier, decent difference but not game breaking.
  • Opus of Exceptional Healing II vs Opus of Exceptional Healing I, a 1% heal crit difference.
  • Opus of the Mind II vs Tome of the Mind II, a 2% heal crit difference.
  • Opus of Racing Thoughts II vs Tome of Racing Thoughts I, a 1 flowing thought difference.
  • Tool of the Divine IV vs Tool of the Divine I. This tome line is pretty disappointing but at least does something marginally useful unlike a lot of other class tomes. I would barely even factor it in but it is actually something unlike dozens of fluff tomes.
  • Saitha shoulders vs Cauldron shoulders. It's pretty obvious which are better and why I mention it if you know game mechanics.
  • +25 Alteration vs +20 Alteration. This is a small difference in healing output like Heal inc 8 vs 7.
  • Is Pariah so only has 15% spec bonus vs the 20% Plaps has. This negates probably a decent amount of the healing increment value advantage.
  • 47% haste vs 80% haste. This can actually be pretty big for number of heal weapon procs over the course of a fight where you can melee, which includes a lot of harder 6mans. That leaked video you saw may have tipped you off to this.
  • Crystalis vs Cella. Cella has a 5% higher proc rate than Crystalis, read the parser info to find out why the cella proc is superior.

So to sum up

Anti has over Plaps
+3% extra healing from healing increment 8.
+2% heal crit.
+1 flowing thought.
+5 alteration mod. (Unsure of how much this adds but believe it may be 1% per 5 overcap skill like Evocation is for nukes)
3 more ranks of a class tome that doesn't make a big difference.
Enough mana for one more big or quick heal.

Plaps has this over Anti
The only really good cleric haste item in the game since clerics cannot use NZ pants.
Superior healing weapon with a higher proc rate.
20% spec bonus vs a 15% spec bonus.

So is the difference big enough for this top5 jockeying going on here? I say no. If he got the same weapon and haste item he's a clear win, though. Maybe do new content? Could be cool, mayhaps.

I don't know why I have to explain that around 60 fluff tomes don't make your character much better to people who have played this game long enough to know that "more tomes = better than" isn't true, but realistically here is the difference:

• Healing Increment 8 vs 7, a 3% heal value modifier, decent difference but not game breaking.
  • Opus of Exceptional Healing II vs Opus of Exceptional Healing I, a 1% heal crit difference.
  • Opus of the Mind II vs Tome of the Mind II, a 2% heal crit difference.
  • Opus of Racing Thoughts II vs Tome of Racing Thoughts I, a 1 flowing thought difference.
  • Tool of the Divine IV vs Tool of the Divine I. This tome line is pretty disappointing but at least does something marginally useful unlike a lot of other class tomes. I would barely even factor it in but it is actually something unlike dozens of fluff tomes.
  • Saitha shoulders vs Cauldron shoulders. It's pretty obvious which are better and why I mention it if you know game mechanics.
  • +25 Alteration vs +20 Alteration. This is a small difference in healing output like Heal inc 8 vs 7.
  • Is Pariah so only has 15% spec bonus vs the 20% Plaps has. This negates probably a decent amount of the healing increment value advantage.
  • 47% haste vs 80% haste. This can actually be pretty big for number of heal weapon procs over the course of a fight where you can melee, which includes a lot of harder 6mans. That leaked video you saw may have tipped you off to this.
  • Crystalis vs Cella. Cella has a 5% higher proc rate than Crystalis, read the parser info to find out why the cella proc is superior.

So to sum up

Anti has over Plaps
+3% extra healing from healing increment 8.
+2% heal crit.
+1 flowing thought.
+5 alteration mod. (Unsure of how much this adds but believe it may be 1% per 5 overcap skill like Evocation is for nukes)
3 more ranks of a class tome that doesn't make a big difference.
Enough mana for one more big or quick heal.

Plaps has this over Anti
The only really good cleric haste item in the game since clerics cannot use NZ pants.
Superior healing weapon with a higher proc rate.
20% spec bonus vs a 15% spec bonus.

So is the difference big enough for this top5 jockeying going on here? I say no. If he got the same weapon and haste item he's a clear win, though. Maybe do new content? Could be cool, mayhaps.

Still sounds like Anti > Plaps

Maybe do new content? Could be cool, mayhaps.

Try some content without Ringers, then you can talk. GS has had ringers from t8 on, Even back when Amicii was around and on tier with you guys u had Fuwok or some other random ringer on all your raids.

Now im not saying GS players cant press buttons, but no one knows cause well u have a 3k AC pally Tank all your 6man and raid mobs for u. Or a 10k Cleric, Or whatever other person that happens to feel like running u threw content they have done 100's of times and are Overtier for

Maybe I need my reading glasses....but did this change to the "Guild Top 5 Thread" instead of class top 5?

Exodus used ringers too, so IDK what your point is...

Anti is stronger in a lot of ways, and a better character in some situations, but cella is pretty awesome too, making plaps superior for exp/sustain (any probably a lot of fights that just have AEs and clerics can meele). Watch the rujik video and see how many gheals Eisley doesn't have to cast because hes constantly proccing cella... and then he OOMs anyway.

Back
Top Bottom