Common bugs: how to be prepared for them.

shanara99

Dalayan Beginner
Ok, so there are a few common bugs that happen toeveryone, sooner or later, and, tbh, I'm quitetired to explain things such Ploss, silence bug, trade bug, or caps bug. So... here's a list with fast solutions for them:

PLOSS: stand for Packet Loss, and some people call it "red bar". It still happens, from time to time, but less frecuently nowadays. you can recognize it by having massive packet loss(% in the lag bar) continual. mobs won't move in your screen, and you're unable to act or cast. The only solution for this is camping. If you're hit mid cast, you have to bring options with CTRL + O and camp with the mouse. Camping/zoning regularly prevents Ploss.

INSTA LD: This is just another variant of PLoss. Just that you go instantly LD, without warning from the lag bar. Just relog normally. Camping/zoning regularly prevents it.

SILENCE BUG: If you're silenced mid cast, you become unable to attack. Ducking solves it.

BAG IN BAG: This is a really weird bug, but still happen ocasionally. Basically, you get randomly, a bag inside a bag, and contents of the "bag in the bag" appears to have poofed. Relog normally, and you'll have your contents back.

TRADE BUG: If you try trading someone who is casting, meleeing, banking or buying, BOTH chars become tradebugged, that is, unable to initiate tradewith another players. Initiating and canceling trade with any npc (including pets) solves it.

CAPS BUG AND OTHER KEYBOARD BUGS: Caps bug, control bug, alt bug... all of them are pretty much the same. Your keyboard won't work normally, because the game understands you're perma pressing one of those keys. Pressing bugged key again will solve it. *Aparently, thishappens more topeople who turns autorun on*

HP BAR/MANA BAR NOT FULL and not increasing: if you have water/food, it's just a case of a client side bug, or even UI bug. server counts your actual hp/mana, despite what your client says. A common variant is hp apparently not full after hp buffes. If you were full before the buff, you're still full, despite what your client says. Once you'rehit, it will reset normally.

CAN'T MELEE AFTER REZZ, DEATH EFFECTS GONE: Common bug, if you had autoattack on BEFORE rezz effects faded, you do count as 99 % slowed when they fade, untill you restart autoattack.

RANDOM LD LINKING BAGS: Don't link bags. sometimes they cause random LD.

DOUBLE BUFF: 2 variants, 1 from getting adebuff, 1 from getting a buff.
From getting a debuff, apparently it replaces an unrelated buff (like the old tombrot replacing, nowadays, jb). In these cases, relog
first, then cure the debuff. If you cure the debuff before relogging, you lose the buff.

From getting a buff happens if a buff fades/you clicked a buff just when another buff was landing. You actually have only 1 version
of the buff (sorry, no real double raegol). Zoning/camping solves it.

GROUP/RAID BUGS: Rarer nowadays, but still somewhat common. Basicaly, you're in a group you weren't after zoning/raid. reform the group. no other way around it. IF you have a persistent raid bug, onlychoosing another leader will solve it.

TELL BUG: Really common, SEEMSto happen when server takes a lagspike. You can recognize it by not getting echo from your tells (if you suffer it) or getting a not online answer from tell target. Solution is as it's been pointed, /role twice.

And also...

NOT IN ZONE BUG: From time to time, someone in a group will appear to be not in the zone to other group members. You won't be able to target that person, and the hp bar on group window will be darkened. you'l also, will be unable to actually see said person in the main screen. It has an easy solution. The person who APPEARS to be out of zone has to /lfg on, /lfg off.

LISTSOLD BUGS: Sometimes the listsold isn't accurate if you use it in cities and you can receive wrong item or pay a different price from the one listed. To avoid this, we recommend using the listsold system in the house (it's accessible by clicking your house key - target yourself and type #housekey to become owner of one).

Those are all FSB (Frequently suffered bugs) I recall atm. Hope this helps with the ammount of /petitions for gms, and helps players to solve their bugs faster if they suffer it.

*edit: added bugs*

Last edited by a moderator:
You forgot being tell bugged.

When tell bugged you can't send or receive tells, to fix it, type /role twice.

Having num lock on prevents you from getting the keyboard lock bug about 90% of the time, so if you switch autorun away from num lock you'll get it way less.

Everything except what to do in the case of a giant spider attack, nice guide. I didn't even know about the silence bug one. :D

Perhaps you could add a few cautions as well, such as things that can cause bugs to occur.

using shift (especially right shift in most cases) causes shift to lock a lot. solved by hitting right shift a few times.

and not the same as the alt tab bug from 2-boxing - might want to split em up because the tab one isn't always solved by hitting a few keys. Many times you need to relog

Silence bug also happens when you try to cast while already silenced. Retardedly annoying, but ducking fixes it.

iaeolan said:
using shift (especially right shift in most cases) causes shift to lock a lot. solved by hitting right shift a few times.

and not the same as the alt tab bug from 2-boxing - might want to split em up because the tab one isn't always solved by hitting a few keys. Many times you need to relog

Seems there are 2 versions of that bug then, cause, the few times I've become alt bugged due to DC, pressing ALT has solved it... However, I don't use ALT + TAB to switch accounts, but CTRL + ALT + A.

iaeolan said:

Do you mean the bug that makes your keyboard not respond in some ways after alt tabbing? If so, I usually click on the chat writing box, /sit twice (because the keyboard actually works if you do so) and it's cleared.

More detail on PL. Usually happens from spending a lot of time in one zone. 45 mins seems to be the magic number. (Instead of assuming people know how to camp/zone in regular intervals, whatever that is :tinfoil:)

iaeolan said:
More detail on PL. Usually happens from spending a lot of time in one zone. 45 mins seems to be the magic number. (Instead of assuming people know how to camp/zone in regular intervals, whatever that is :tinfoil:)

Spent well over an hour in a zone yesterday w/o going LD once (with major lag from the server that is).

Ok, Ploss SEEMS to be working differently now,after last patches. Before them, you had about 25 % chances of going LD at 45 minutes, with them chances increasing every second passing. At 62 minutes, the chances were 75 %, at 72 minutes, 100 %. However, nowadays, it seems those chances have been halved, and I've heard people staying for more than 2 hours online... My personal best is 1 h 45 mins when I decided to camp it, but max time I've seen without Ploss in the last 5 days was 130 mins.

I had a new version of the PL pop up for me the other day. Normally the PL shows by having the red bard, high percentages, mobs not moving etc... This time, the bar was totally green, what clued me in was the fact that I quit hearing raid/group chat and was unable to open a door. Camping did not work (After getting to 0 seconds to camp the game locked up), and I had to ctrl+alt+del eq and restart. Also, my songs seemed to be playing fine, and the game did not appear to be lagging at all other than the door and the camping.

Never had this happen before and I've had PL plenty of times to know what that is like. So, I'm not sure what caused this or if I would even be able to replicate it.

Puella said:
I had a new version of the PL pop up for me the other day. Normally the PL shows by having the red bard, high percentages, mobs not moving etc... This time, the bar was totally green, what clued me in was the fact that I quit hearing raid/group chat and was unable to open a door. Camping did not work (After getting to 0 seconds to camp the game locked up), and I had to ctrl+alt+del Game and restart. Also, my songs seemed to be playing fine, and the game did not appear to be lagging at all other than the door and the camping.

Never had this happen before and I've had PL plenty of times to know what that is like. So, I'm not sure what caused this or if I would even be able to replicate it.

I've had this happen many times. I refer to it as "green bar PL" or "ninja PL". It most often strikes when you seem to have recovered from a normal PL. It is especially sneaky since everything seems normal until you try to interact with the environment.

Played quite a bit this morning and had the usual PL (at about the old normal time, 1hour+ ) and also this weird green bar PL. Was a bit surprised, but tbh I recall it happened before...
I remember playing all day long last sunday though, it was much better for some reason, maybe I got lucky. I could stay in a zone much more than a hour, and only got insta and no PL. Many changes in patches though since that time...

iaeolan said:
Item duping/insta LD when messing with food

Yes I've had that happen several times where if you are moving food or drink around it will change to something else (usually what you are swapping it with).
I think zoning or relogging corrects the issue.

Back
Top Bottom