Dalayan Fantasy Football Anyone?

Ryst

Dalayan Elder
I thought it might be fun for those football fans out there if we had a fantasy football league for SoD. I am still setting it up, but it's open to join if anyone is interested. There is a maximum of 20 teams allowed - first come, first serve. If you decide to join, please be active - it's more fun if everyone is active in managing their team each week.

The league settings are pasted below. I will adjust the roster settings a bit if we do not fill up with 20 teams. This league is just for fun - there is no fee to play (real or Dalayan) and there is no prize for winning (other than braggin' rights!). Currently, it is set up to be an IDP league because IDP is for real players and it will even things out if it turns out to be a big league. Click the following link if you want to join:

https://yho.com/nfl?l=352527&k=5eb2e557a8c2c6cc&ikey=13b2c5609a308c1

Setting Value
League ID#: 352527
League Name: Dalayan Football
Auto-renew Enabled: No
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Sat Sep 5 6:00pm MDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 20
Live Draft Pick Time: 1 Minute
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo Sports
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: November 13, 2015
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Trade Review: League Votes
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Reverse order of standings
Weekly Waivers Game Time - Tuesday
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Invite Sharing Tools: Enabled
Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (6 teams) Note: Week 16 runs 7 days from Dec 22 to Dec 28
Playoff Tie-Breaker: Best regular season record vs opponent wins
Playoff Reseeding: Yes
Divisions: Yes (4 divisions)
Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds
Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes
League Pickem: Yes
Roster Positions: QB, WR, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR
Fractional Points: Yes
Negative Points: Yes
Make League Publicly Viewable: No
Invite Permissions: Commissioner Only

Offense
League Value
Completions .1
Passing Yards 50 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 6
Interceptions -2
Sacks -1
Rushing Yards 20 yards per point
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Receptions .4
Reception Yards 20 yards per point
Reception Touchdowns 6
Return Yards 50 yards per point 0
Return Touchdowns 6
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles -1
Fumbles Lost -1
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
Kickers
League Value Yahoo Default Value
Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
Point After Attempt Made 1
Defense/Special Teams
League Value
Sack 1
Interception 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Touchdown 6
Safety 2
Block Kick 1
Return Yards 50 yards per point 0
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6
Points Allowed 0 points 10
Points Allowed 1-6 points 7
Points Allowed 7-13 points 4
Points Allowed 14-20 points 1
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1
Points Allowed 35+ points -4
Tackles for Loss 1

Last edited:
This is one of the most IDP slanted roster/scoring leagues I've ever seen. I'm intrigued. I'd play, but you apparently can't click that link to join; you have to be invited. Send me an invite at [email protected] plz.

Hmmm, you are supposed to be able to join by clicking the link, I'll post it again here and I'll also send you an invite.

https://yho.com/nfl?l=352527&k=5eb2e557a8c2c6cc&ikey=13b2c5609a308c13

The league roster is one I have used in the past. It's set up as close to a real football team as it can be (11 defensive starters and 6 on offense - no o-line). If we have 20 teams the defensive players will even things out a bit. However, I can change the settings to whatever the members want (dropping IDP for team defense is an option). If we don't get 20 teams I will likely add more offensive positions.

I would join, but I'm in 2 leagues already, and 3 was too much last year. I'm not going to lie, this roster set up looks like WAY to much work.

I would join, but I'm in 2 leagues already, and 3 was too much last year. I'm not going to lie, this roster set up looks like WAY to much work.

IDP is a little more challenging, but also can present a much more exciting game as well. The roster setup can be changed if the people that join want to see it changed. I favor IDP, but if the majority prefer standard defensive teams, I can run with that as well. The main thing I wanted to do is get an SoD ffl league going. Hopefully it can be something that we can keep going in the years to come.

If people have problems joining with the link, PM me an e-mail and I'll send you an invite.

IDP is a little more challenging, but also can present a much more exciting game as well... Hopefully it can be something that we can keep going in the years to come.

I like the set up here because it's unique, but my ideal roster set up for non-dynasty IDP/ppr is QB-QB-RB-WR-WR-RB/WR-RB/WR-TE-K-DST-DT/DE-DT/DE-LB-LB-DB-DB-9 BNs for a total of 25 spots. 2 IR spots per team. Your setup looks crazy because the talent dilution is going to be extreme, which imo just makes it more dog-eat-dog. One of my firm fantasy beliefs is that offensive players score fantasy points and this league is obviously skirting that so it should be fun to see how it plays out.

i mean for example you have rosters set to 4 DBs per team and you're shooting for 20 teams...I don't think there are 80 relevant DBs in the NFL even by the scoring metric in the OP. 50 max imo. and the bottom 15 or so are really pushing it.

edit: i signed up lol

Each team in the current set up must start 2 safeties. If (and that's a big if) we get 20 people signed up, that means there will be 40 starting safeties in the league. Each of the 32 NFL team starts a strong and a free safety meaning that there are 64 starting safeties to choose from. The same can be said of corner backs, except that may be more relevant nickel/dime corner backs available, making a slightly larger pool.

That said, if it would create more interest in the league, I will change the setup to a more standard line-up with a team defense. I doubt the typical QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF will work though if we get 20 teams. It works well for leagues with 14 or less though. If a few people chime in that a line up change would encourage them to join up, I'll make the change.

I don't personally play, but Rehn used to run one, probably a few people that used to play that would be interested in this sort of thing. I'll see if any are interested.

Each team in the current set up must start 2 safeties. If (and that's a big if) we get 20 people signed up, that means there will be 40 starting safeties in the league. Each of the 32 NFL team starts a strong and a free safety meaning that there are 64 starting safeties to choose from. The same can be said of corner backs, except that may be more relevant nickel/dime corner backs available, making a slightly larger pool.

Right. But the way you set up scoring, the vast majority of those safeties are just roster spots and won't contribute much in the way of week in week out scoring. Same with virtually every defensive position, which is why I believe 2DB, 2DL, 2LB is a tidier way to set it up than to field what is effectively a full starting defense. That standard build works up to 12 max or so, because after that the QB, TE, K, DST and WR2+ well starts to run dry.

Right. But the way you set up scoring, the vast majority of those safeties are just roster spots and won't contribute much in the way of week in week out scoring. Same with virtually every defensive position, which is why I believe 2DB, 2DL, 2LB is a tidier way to set it up than to field what is effectively a full starting defense. That standard build works up to 12 max or so, because after that the QB, TE, K, DST and WR2+ well starts to run dry.
I'd argue that 10 is ideal because after that you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel to the point where some teams are total dog shit and can't really have fun (especially with RB and WR being what they are. The QB position is basically irrelevant who you get after the big 3 because they all score about the same pointswise.)

My dynasty league is ten man capped for that exact reason, but our rosters are massive to enable the long game. I think fantasy relevant QBs go about 8 deep with the next 8 able to shine some weeks (as even a blind squirrel finds a nut). There are legitimately 40 or so fantasy relevant WRs but it is a top heavy position if scoring is standard, non ppr. There are 15 RBs max who are worth drafting in the top 3 rounds of a standard non ppr draft but honestly if you're drafting snake style with ten teams you usually don't get to the bottom of the barrel without legit parity unless some of your players just have no idea what they're doing. I played in a 12 man yahoo last year tho where the rosters were so small you really had no room for cockblocks or rookie stashes. QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-K-DST with only 2 benches. That league was tough but the waiver wire was hot every week for streaming which was the point.

My dynasty league is ten man capped for that exact reason, but our rosters are massive to enable the long game. I think fantasy relevant QBs go about 8 deep with the next 8 able to shine some weeks (as even a blind squirrel finds a nut). There are legitimately 40 or so fantasy relevant WRs but it is a top heavy position if scoring is standard, non ppr. There are 15 RBs max who are worth drafting in the top 3 rounds of a standard non ppr draft but honestly if you're drafting snake style with ten teams you usually don't get to the bottom of the barrel without legit parity unless some of your players just have no idea what they're doing. I played in a 12 man yahoo last year tho where the rosters were so small you really had no room for cockblocks or rookie stashes. QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-K-DST with only 2 benches. That league was tough but the waiver wire was hot every week for streaming which was the point.

I'd argue the 8 deep QBs. Maybe 5, maybe. (Rodgers, Luck, Wilson, Manning, Breese/Rothesburger who are both hit/miss.) I digress...

I think this lineup has been my favorite so far:
QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-TE-Flex(RB/WR/TE)-K-D
The flex position really added a lot of fun. I was surprised actually, and last year was the first year we tried it. I think it is in for good now. We always play PPR too. It seems to spread the points around a little bit better (in general).

I'm not sure I would like a dynasty league, but I definitely see the appeal :)

I'd argue the 8 deep QBs. Maybe 5, maybe. (Rodgers, Luck, Wilson, Manning, Breese/Rothesburger who are both hit/miss.)

Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Matt Ryan, and Philip Rivers were top 3 performers for a few weeks last year in a ton of formats. They're tops in that "next best" range, with guys like matt stafford, ryan tannehill, and flacco rounding out what should be all the arguably legitimate QB1s.

I also prefer PPR since it gives a ton of third down RBs a ton of RB2 value and makes borderline RB1s rock solid RB1s. It also widens the WR pool from maybe 35 truly viable to around 80, but the bottom 20 or so are flexes or stashes (which is a good thing). Think AZ's John Brown or NYJ's Eric Decker at this point in the preseason for example.

What appealed to me most about Dynasty was that we could really track how our rosters developed year in and year out and track the moves. Our commish put a ton of free agency and waiver wire rules in and every trade has to be approved. I consider myself a savvy fantasy player but my first year draft produced way too many busts. I used this last offseason to dump a lot of guys to bring in other guys' leftovers and accumulate rookie picks. I gave up Jamaal Charles, Stafford and Vjax for example but brought in Matt Ryan, Keenan Allen and Lagarrette Blount, on top of drafting Amari Cooper and Ameer Abdullah in the first round. Next year I'll see how the rookies pan while I keep trying to churn the bottom of my roster. You just can't get the same sense of attachment in a standard league where you get 13 weeks and then it's playoffs and see ya.

This was too long a post.

I have thought about it and I am going to change the line-up to a more standard D-team setup. I think IDP can scare a few people who have never tried it. I'll edit the first post to reflect the change.

I also prefer PPR since it gives a ton of third down RBs a ton of RB2 value and makes borderline RB1s rock solid RB1s. It also widens the WR pool from maybe 35 truly viable to around 80, but the bottom 20 or so are flexes or stashes (which is a good thing). Think AZ's John Brown or NYJ's Eric Decker at this point in the preseason for example.

What appealed to me most about Dynasty was that we could really track how our rosters developed year in and year out and track the moves. Our commish put a ton of free agency and waiver wire rules in and every trade has to be approved. I consider myself a savvy fantasy player but my first year draft produced way too many busts. I used this last offseason to dump a lot of guys to bring in other guys' leftovers and accumulate rookie picks. I gave up Jamaal Charles, Stafford and Vjax for example but brought in Matt Ryan, Keenan Allen and Lagarrette Blount, on top of drafting Amari Cooper and Ameer Abdullah in the first round. Next year I'll see how the rookies pan while I keep trying to churn the bottom of my roster. You just can't get the same sense of attachment in a standard league where you get 13 weeks and then it's playoffs and see ya.

This was too long a post.

I may have to suggest to my buddies thar we switch to a dynasty format. The only guy who would really get screwed is the dude who drafted 3 players on IR in his first 5 picks. No joke, it happened lol.

I may have to suggest to my buddies thar we switch to a dynasty format. The only guy who would really get screwed is the dude who drafted 3 players on IR in his first 5 picks. No joke, it happened lol.
if you need another player, hit me up. I like the idea of juggling a couple dynasty rosters.

Back
Top Bottom