Daymare into Night: The Marlow Quest Bug Thread

Cyzaine

Staff Emeritus
Quest Completed! Nwaij with a technical first place, and Rivest as a technical second, though Rivest would have won had the final fight been fixed before he logged for the day.

Ok, you all know the drill, keep the spoilers as minimal as possible, yet try to be as detailed as you can. The grand paradox! There should be nothing game breaking in there, but I am sleep deprived, and may not like you personally.

Known Issues:
*Marlow Neck upgrade is not faction bound/lacks an aug slot - These will be fixed.
*Torment fight model is broken/stupid - This fight will be moved closer to the entrance, to keep it in line with other Aug quests in potential difficulty.
*The final fight of Aug 3 (a PoN fight) bugs out - This appears to happen if your ally in said fight gets the last hit. I'll be fixing this asap, but take a SS for reimbursement of the item that SHOULD drop for now.

Fixed Issues:
*Ambiguous drop information from first quest - You'll be informed when you mess up now.
*Augment wont upgrade from stage 1 to 2 - Hooray for proper comparisons!
*Some of the boss fights were far easier than intended - Not anymore!
*Upgraded drop rate of the essences for the first one - Won't say by how much, but you should spend less time farming those same 5 mobs
*Eplague part 2 fight is busted - Logic now works! Go ahead, kill em all!
*Cant read text in a certain book found in a certain location - Flavor text added for those of you who can read!
*The torment fight has a ridiculously over powered ability - He likely won't kill you without hope of recourse now
*Final fight activation was bugged - Error on my side, this has been fixed, the quest can be finished!
*Kelethin wasn't accepting turn in of the amulet - This has been addressed.
*DPS leaning final aug has +1 aggression - Stats have been slightly adjusted on all rank 4 augs.
*Crafted Vial of Marlow not for sale - If you think you know who sells it, try talking to him instead. It will likely stay this way
*A quest version of Kelethin would be nice - *Kelethin has been added to the hedge maze, in some fairly inconvenient spot.
*The very final encounter is bugged in some manner - The final encounter is working properly.

Last edited:
Also let it be stated now and for the record, that the augs themselves need to be balanced against all the other Deity augs, which will vary drastically in quality. The variance is to off set, just a little bit, the loot you give up for not being able to raid certain zones, but also exp zones you can't partake in are accounted for as well. This pretty much means that:

a) The augs will NOT be equal, but will have a definite hierarchy (Enthann and the like will be at the bottom, Tarhyl at the very top)

b) The stats on the augs WILL likely change as more are released. That means some may be nerfed to bring them in line with ones that should be better. We won't itemize ourselves into a corner by being to afraid to make an item weaker.

Don't you min/maxers worry about NEEDING to swear to some deity to maximize your stats or something. This will work out in the long run. For now you'll just have to have faith...

I've done the "big fight" with Dierdre and just used the Green Muse, and when I speak to Dis she tells me to hand her my first augment to be rewarded, however, when I hand it (Servants Badge of Dis) to her, she simply returns it to me and I am unable to progress further.

My Shadowknight's name is Rivest, by the way.

Last edited:
You would think that I would have tested that part in particular more thoroughly... found the error, and will broadcast when I get a chance to put the fix in (2 hours ish).

Crafted Vial of Marlow seems to have been lost somewhere on the way, the vendor who should sell it only has a placeholder item.

Had a bug where it wasn't selling for the proper price. Temporarily fixed by talking to him instead. Will have it as a normal item next patch.

Had a bug where it wasn't selling for the proper price. Temporarily fixed by talking to him instead. Will have it as a normal item next patch.

Tbh I think this might even be the better solution, its like those things are not sold openly and you have to ask for them specifically. Fits Marlows theme quite well.

Can't check now, but messed up in that it doesn't flag you right, or the dialog itself is just confusing and/or ambigious.

Messed up in the way that some dialogue options loop, some do nothing and some do something that others should do.

Rivest here again, my group just finished the event in Plaguelands and after the final mob died Dierdre said "did it" and despawned. I talked to both Dis and Dierdre and they are still telling me to go to Plaguelands so I think maybe the end of the event is still bugged. I have a screenshot if that would help troubleshoot things

edit: we did it a second time just to see if maybe the first time was a fluke, but the exact same thing happened.

Last edited:
Checking through the dialog... Rivest if you can send me the screen shot to the email address I PM'ed you, I'll manual adjust your flags properly so you can move on. Lets see if I can't make her work right this time...

The fight worked perfectly for Nwaij, so I"m not sure what the deal is... i'll manual set your flag if you have the screen shot, and I' make a couple changes to that fight as to ensure you get the flag properly no matter what (and so it can work with multiple people in 1 group on that step)

The Eplague farming section has been nerfed a bit, you no longer need giant asp skins (see I dont really hate you THAT much). If you have already gotten the quest, you now need 5 plagued puma skins instead. All 3 of you who have already passed this section, petition about it when you get on. As for the rest of you, this should be a bit more reasonable.

I have 2 toons with two different needs in plaguelands now......I went and farmed all the goodies and now deidre isnt taking either asp skins or puma hides for the next step.

I tried handing my Amulet of Marlow to the banshee sister Kelethin for the first time today (they've been down since the start of the quest, maybe add a quest version?) and got an invalid zone name error.

eq000061cr6.png

I just created the improved potion and Dierdre tells me to meet her in the arena. However, I have been all over the entire zone both during the day and the night and I am unable to find/trigger anything. I tried running around Valor as well just in case but I've been fruitless. I think that maybe my flags are messed up. When I speak with Dierdre in Kelethin she tells me to ask for her in Nightmare at night, and when I speak with Dis she is simply lost in a trance and I no longer have the option to summon Temptation and, although I'm probably bad at mazes, she doesn't seem to be up and about in the maze.

I could be missing something but I have been all over the arena both in and outside of the pvp area (I even levitated over the zone outer walls) and I've been unable to find anything. The only NPC I can find, a follower of enthann, tells me nothing besides the standard Enthann-is-cool-go-hang-out-in-his-zone dialogue.

Sorry for being such a troublemaker!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom