Dear FWF

[00:30]Zapple> sanctum is gay because you have to clear everything from the entrance including content that no one would even want to bother with if they're doing the later stuff, so essentially if another guild goes into sanctum when you're going to clear to that later content then chances are unless you raid every day you're not going to be able to get to and kill that shit you actually want to kill

[00:32]Zapple> i'm sure before the content at the end of it can be really touched there will need to be some kind of way to flag up to skip past the early shit

Didn't exo only kill one new mob? That was later claimed to be not working properly? I obviously could be wrong since I was never in the guild. Not trying to bash them in any way.

I thought after Custodian, you left Middle Sanctum and entered Inner Sanctum. I would imagine that difference alone would justify some sort of "wing splitting".

I personally hate the thought that just because my guild wants to try something new to us, we are preventing another guild from doing anything for hours.

I guess the same could be argued about Outer and Middle Sanctum, but I don't think the problem is the same. At least to me it doesn't feel the same.

Either way, maybe instead of the portal at the entrance to Outer Sanctum could work in a way that if you have killed Hard Mode Custodian, you can use it to port past Middle Sanctum into Inner? Would mean you don't have to just kill Custo, but get at least 2 swords from NZ, kill custo, and kill it hardmode. Potentially a lot of time spent in Middle Sanctum.

I thought after Custodian, you left Middle Sanctum and entered Inner Sanctum. I would imagine that difference alone would justify some sort of "wing splitting".

I personally hate the thought that just because my guild wants to try something new to us, we are preventing another guild from doing anything for hours.

I guess the same could be argued about Outer and Middle Sanctum, but I don't think the problem is the same. At least to me it doesn't feel the same.

Either way, maybe instead of the portal at the entrance to Outer Sanctum could work in a way that if you have killed Hard Mode Custodian, you can use it to port past Middle Sanctum into Inner? Would mean you don't have to just kill Custo, but get at least 2 swords from NZ, kill custo, and kill it hardmode. Potentially a lot of time spent in Middle Sanctum.

Yes. Just have this portal drop you past the barrier wisp after Custodian even if he is up. Make it check a flag for killing Custodian. Make it kill you if you try to go backwards/use the portal to get right to Custodian.

Sanctum should really be like two areas, the entrance up to The Custodian and then everything past it. At least for flagging and porting purposes. If you kill the entry mobs and get keyed for The Custodian you only need to clear through drakes, then NZ and are at Custodian right now, which I suppose is fine. But if you want to go past and kill Taeshlin, VZ and maybe Admyrrza if that's a thing, you currently need to kill all of that shit and it's not very feasible to do before the entry stuff respawns unless you raid every day and who really does that honestly. Who throws a shoe.

I was thinking the same tbh. You need the keys and box from everything up to NZ. Then combine and activate Custodian. The two (outer and middle sanctum) are joined by this. Would be logical to keep them together imo, however I don't call the shots on this kinda stuff. The only thing preventing or allowing someone into Inner Sanctum is killing 1 dragon. So yeah. Claiming Inner Sanctum because someone is killing Gongoerth is a little silly.

I suppose it is technically my decision on what constitutes a "wing" in the sense of raid zone wing separation since that falls under the raid rules. That said, over the course of my tenure as Lead GM, I've made these decisions almost completely based on the opinions of the Dev Team and their vision of the content. To that end, if this is something there is playerbase concensus on, I suggest the following course of action.

(1) Start a new thread about this, and keep it drama-free.

(2) Get members of all of the guilds doing Middle Sanctum and Inner Sanctum to weigh in on the matter. Ideally, you're all in agreement on this matter (which at first glance looks to be the case) so you should be able to work together on this project.

(3) Formally request in that thread a change to the raid rules defining the wings of Prison of Admyrzza and exactly how to separate them. This needs to be explicit by mob name and not involve informal though accepted terms like "Outer Sanctum", "Middle Sanctum" and "Inner Sanctum". Ideally, you'll make sure the aforementioned guilds are in agreement on this.

(4) Formally request the action of the Dev Team to make possible the access and use of any new wings separately and without interference. This is the hard one of the four things I ask. The first difficulty that comes to mind is the ability of a raid to do the The Custodian encounter while another guild attempts the two primeval colossus pull. Being on the wrong side of those barrier wisps could be a problem, and that's not even taking into account potential issues with Phase 3 of the The Custodian encounter with another raid nearby.

----

I'm asking a lot, but I could certainly support this. Meet me halfway.

I don't even think that anyone is asking for them to be considered different wings although that could be nice, the addition and implementation of some sort of way to skip past the content up to and including The Custodian if you have completed that content would be great so that you don't need to clear from the entrance of sanctum all of the way to and kill The Custodian just to try things beyond it.

With respawn timers as they are, more than 1 guild being interested in sanctum,and acknowledging the fact that most people don't raid every single day, the later part of sanctum is really terrible.

Back
Top Bottom