Diablo 3

What's your spec? I have a couple monk/barb friends in 1/2 who are doing pretty well with worse resists and gear it would seem.

Also 14% dodge chance, make friends with a monk haha

I can sleep through Act1, I helped a buddy through the entire act without a death or having to skip anything, but Act2 still has some things that kill me. Act 3 is as big of a jump in damage taken as going from 1 to 2.

Barbs can't really get dodge that high with how the dodge-per-Dex breakpoints are set up. Note my 46% block though... That's anywhere from 30% to 46% less damage taken overall depending on what I'm fighting (Act2 trash mostly hit for 3k or so, so my blocks negate the entire hit. Act 4 and Whimsyshire stuff can hit me for 8-9k in multiplayer so a block isn't quite as powerful). Aside from an identical Helm of Command that also has a socket, the only upgrades left for me are near perfect Str/Vit/AllRes that also have another good mod like Armor. There's practically none of those available for less than 10mil per piece if there's anything for sale at all.

I'm glad I love rangers so much that I always main any class that can use bows.

My friend and I did a 2 DH party...lol stunlock every elite.

Game is amazingly fun through hell, and fun through act1/2 as a melee in inferno.

But good god do I hate act 3 as melee, shit is bananas. The amount of gear farming necessary as a monk is just ridiculous.

Also, 75% of the people who list things on the auction house are almost as dumb as lleoc.

Juff#1975

Yeah all my money/gear was acquired via flipping in the AH. It was hilarious the first week or so because not many people were doing it compared to now so I was moving a ton of stuff so easy.

Bots and scripts are getting more and more common now though so I'm betting Bliz will change something about the AH system to discourage it.

I've got a monk a little bit under your barb in gear. Act 1 farming is fine for me I can face roll through most packs outside of arcane and shielding. I only see barbs having an advantage at tanking mobs with un-dodgable skills that you have to not stand in the fire. Act 2 is a crap shoot of hard mobs with even harder comps. Its really Imbalanced for melee vs Ranged right now. Range can solo in acts 2-4 no problem. I can just barely solo in act 2 and taking any kind of hits in act 3 is right out. I enjoy the difficulty it just bothers me that its not as hard for all classes. Range go around stacking damage and burn through shit. Melee need Hps,Armor,Dodge,Resists Range classes can get by with level 57+ with baller stats and melee need to stack a lot more.
The pro I do see to this is being able to make use of more stats I see end game melee being much more powerful in late Act 4 gear.

Long story short if you play through diablo 3 and hated act 1 re-roll a ranged class, because if you are melee you'll be spending a lot of time on act 1 and with the AH window open.

I'm a wizard in A2 inferno and i STILL spend a LOT of time in the AH and farming A1. A1 is easy as hell but i'm not going A2 until i switch to being a fucking glass cannon. :(

The Real Money Auctionhouse is the greatest, funniest, saddest thing ever. I almost feel dirty for making such obscene profits. Almost.

Okay well here is my personal example: I play a sword-n-board barbarian. At one point I wanted to try out a build that stacked critical hit chance so I spent around 2 million gold each on gloves, bracers, and 2 rings that has good barb stats and crit. I ended up not liking the build so the items sat in my stash for the past 10 days. Yesterday I sold all four for $50 each on the RMAH. Gold is worth like $5-7 per million, so I got $200 for items that people could have gotten for like $40 if they bought gold and used that to buy items. I've also sold other random things for ten times their true value very easily.

There are tons of people that sold items for $250 (max amount allowed) that were only worth like $20. Basically, most buyers and sellers on the gold auctionhouse are a lot better at pricing things now compared to three weeks ago, so even though it's still easy to make money by playing the AH, it's not quite as crazy as it used to be. The RMAH just brought the crazy back and then some.

Back
Top Bottom