Diablo 3

My monk and Barb friends tore thorugh act 4 after eatiing it in act 3 which I had to carry them through. Ragankugh (or whatever the guy is in the library of fate?) just slaughters ranged dps

My monk and Barb friends tore thorugh act 4 after eatiing it in act 3 which I had to carry them through. Ragankugh (or whatever the guy is in the library of fate?) just slaughters ranged dps

Well I had a problem with him in Hell 1 shotting me, basically you can't get too far away from him or he'll blink on you is what I found. After that he was pretty easy, just circle kite him around pillars and shit

in hell his adds wont 1 shot you... easy way to do the fight as dh is to keep him on the other side of the room, when he starts walking towards you and then stops, blow ss, run to the other side use a big hatred dump like traps/long fuse or impale/bleed to dps while avoiding him completely. Use vault/ss and tactical advantage to run across the room quickly not allowing him to ever touch you. idk if they somehow fixed this but it sure made it way easier than trying to dps down adds while keeping enough energy to blow ss on his 200k insta gank thingamabobdohickymovethingattack

Yea, in inferno the adds 1 shot me. Fucking Soul Rippers suck ass. I just got Zefar to tank it and it took us like half a minute to kill him.

The lag in Diablo 3 is awful and I just lost a hardcore character on azmodan from lagging out for 15+ secs and coming back dead. My internet connection is fine for all other games, which leads me to believe that the D3 servers just suck a whale's dick.

The lag in Diablo 3 is awful and I just lost a hardcore character on azmodan from lagging out for 15+ secs and coming back dead. My internet connection is fine for all other games, which leads me to believe that the D3 servers just suck a whale's dick.

I wanted to do hardcore but the numerous bugs, lag, and poor design decisions just make it impossible for me. There is no way I am going to play a game where one hit can get me killed while being hit is determined by the animation starting and not whether I've moved out of the way.

That shit is just dumb.

Lets not forget cool things like invisible projectiles too. Better yet numerous off screen instant kills (see: fucking angels in act 4 charging you)

I wanted to do hardcore but the numerous bugs, lag, and poor design decisions just make it impossible for me. There is no way I am going to play a game where one hit can get me killed while being hit is determined by the animation starting and not whether I've moved out of the way.

That shit is just dumb.

Lets not forget cool things like invisible projectiles too. Better yet numerous off screen instant kills (see: fucking angels in act 4 charging you)

Yeah I started a Hardcore character but I probably won't play it past nightmare. I agree there are too many stupid fluke ways to die, from lag, getting walls popped on you and making you stuck, stupid shit I do personally like killing myself on reflect damage b/c I'm a moron.

Thoughts on Diablo 3 after having played for about a month:

1) Diablo 3 in normal difficulty is so easy you find you'd rather just skip it and play nightmare. Unfortunately, the game requires you to play through in normal difficulty anyway. Kinda takes away any feeling of accomplishment you get from progressing the storyline.

2) Servers are down, on average, about three hours a day. For a one-player game that requires you to be online, this is pretty awful.

3) Lag deaths in single-player game. Enough said.

4) There's virtually zero incentive for anyone to play multiplayer: monsters all have a lot more hitpoints so they generally mitigate any benefit from having additional players shooting at them. Plus, every player in-game has to be actively shooting at the monsters, or you're trying to kill a monster with three times its usual hitpoints by yourself. Oh, and if a new player joins your public game in the middle of a boss fight? Good luck.

5) The rate of mudflation is ridiculous. About three weeks ago, internet vendors would sell 1million gold for $4. Two weeks ago, $2.60. Two days ago, $1.30. Gold is being added to the system at a rate that an average player could not possibly keep up with by trying to farm on his own.

Having finally beat Act IV Inferno (took about a month, so that was nice), I find very little reason to continue to play the game. However, I haven't been involved in the PVP game yet, I might give that a go at some point. In general, though, I find D3 fairly disappointing. SoD seems to have way more long-term playability.

EDIT: 6) Oh yeah, and the cost of repairing your items when you die in inferno difficulty is prohibitive for the average player. You're either forced to buy gold from some internet vendor, or farm gold for a few hours in order to be able to afford progression. No thanks.

Last edited:
Most of that shit is true and I also wish you could opt to skip the storyline, cutscenes and dialog entirely rather than having to hit escape every time and still be interrupted for quite a bit of time.

Some of your stuff is exaggerated, but yeah a lot of it is true.

However regarding mudflation, people are also flooding the market with ITEMS which actually is dropping prices by a lot. I bought a 1.2k dmg bor for 1 mill when the they were actually selling for 1.5 mill plus, then a week later the same bows are selling for less then 900k gold. However I don't know what the market is like for top tier items, maybe prices are going up?

The market for the best items in the game is pretty terrible. Prices go up every day because gold is constantly devaluing.

The market for the best items in the game is pretty terrible. Prices go up every day because gold is constantly devaluing.

That's fine I plan on selling any super awesome item I get for RL money anyways.

You have the same chance of getting an item with awesome stats in Act I as III and IV when rolling a lvl 63 rare right?

Thoughts on Diablo 3 after having played for about a month:

1) Diablo 3 in normal difficulty is so easy you find you'd rather just skip it and play nightmare. Unfortunately, the game requires you to play through in normal difficulty anyway. Kinda takes away any feeling of accomplishment you get from progressing the storyline.

2) Servers are down, on average, about three hours a day. For a one-player game that requires you to be online, this is pretty awful.

3) Lag deaths in single-player game. Enough said.

4) There's virtually zero incentive for anyone to play multiplayer: monsters all have a lot more hitpoints so they generally mitigate any benefit from having additional players shooting at them. Plus, every player in-game has to be actively shooting at the monsters, or you're trying to kill a monster with three times its usual hitpoints by yourself. Oh, and if a new player joins your public game in the middle of a boss fight? Good luck.

5) The rate of mudflation is ridiculous. About three weeks ago, internet vendors would sell 1million gold for $4. Two weeks ago, $2.60. Two days ago, $1.30. Gold is being added to the system at a rate that an average player could not possibly keep up with by trying to farm on his own.

Having finally beat Act IV Inferno (took about a month, so that was nice), I find very little reason to continue to play the game. However, I haven't been involved in the PVP game yet, I might give that a go at some point. In general, though, I find D3 fairly disappointing. SoD seems to have way more long-term playability.

EDIT: 6) Oh yeah, and the cost of repairing your items when you die in inferno difficulty is prohibitive for the average player. You're either forced to buy gold from some internet vendor, or farm gold for a few hours in order to be able to afford progression. No thanks.

7) I made $3000 playing the game for a month (~200 total hours played ingame and playing the AH). This invalidates all of your complaints.

That being said, I definitely got tired of the game pretty quickly. Maybe when PvP gets added it'll drag me back.

Yeah. I've made about $680,000 USD since release from selling items and gold but I can still not like it ok. I'm taking a break now and maybe eventually it will improve? Who knows.

edit: $15/hr for fucking around playing games is pretty good Susvain.

Last edited:
Yeah wtf, teach me!

My total earrings so far amount to somewhere like 10 cents an hour! I've only sold one item though.

I made most of it before the AH was completely overrun with bots sniping any cheap item. Manually buying Str+Vit+AllRes armor or similar items that were listed for a fraction of their actual value is where I started, and then things like buying well-rolled legendaries that people listed for cheap because they didn't realize a 20% String of Ears is worth more than 500k because there's dozens of 10% Strings up for that much. I don't think you can still make anywhere near $15/hr unless you're running many AH bots or something but maybe there are still some super profitable niches out there. Nothing I did was all that secret or difficult, I just did it earlier than most people so there wasn't as much competition and the profits were higher.

Back
Top Bottom