Donator Player Housing

I realize this has been somewhat addressed, but I have seen conflicting and/or confusing information in some cases. So please excuse me if I revisit something, but I have read the SoD support the server stuff, everything I could find here, the wiki, and even asked in game and am still a bit lost.

My husband and I are considering donating at either gold or platinum level. I see where you can attach 2 accounts as long as you both live in the same house, and I understand you get all 3 in game rewards. Will both accounts get all 3 items or just one account? If both accounts get all 3, is it limited to one silver/one gold/one platinum item per account, or do all characters get these things?

The free house has only 2 slots for me to put in tradeskill containers and the like. How many does gold have? How many does platinum have? The house only tells me "this door is closed to everyone except X level donators."

How does the extra bank slot thing I keep hearing about work? Do you get more listsold (or is it bank) slots on each character, or is it that the house has a set that all users have access to?

I have already made a housekey for the free house and put in some tradeskill containers which I would prefer not to lose. If we become donators, does the current house "upgrade" itself, or do I have to summon a new key?

How do you get housekeys to alts on the same account, and can your sub-20 characters even have a key to the house?

Again, sorry if this information is hanging around somewhere. I have tried several times to find all this and was unable to do so. If I haven't already over-abused the staff's hospitality with my endless questions, I would like to respectfully suggest some of this information being placed in the "support the server" area where it explains how to donate. It might encourage more people to chip in if they know exactly what they're getting :)

My husband and I are considering donating at either gold or platinum level. I see where you can attach 2 accounts as long as you both live in the same house, and I understand you get all 3 in game rewards. Will both accounts get all 3 items or just one account? If both accounts get all 3, is it limited to one silver/one gold/one platinum item per account, or do all characters get these things?

How does the extra bank slot thing I keep hearing about work? Do you get more listsold (or is it bank) slots on each character, or is it that the house has a set that all users have access to?

I have already made a housekey for the free house and put in some tradeskill containers which I would prefer not to lose. If we become donators, does the current house "upgrade" itself, or do I have to summon a new key?

How do you get housekeys to alts on the same account, and can your sub-20 characters even have a key to the house?

Alright, in order...

The items are summonable ad nauseum via the commands like "/cmd golditem". I destroy my donator boots when I'm done with them each time since I can always summon another with that command. Every character on the server can type the command, but if your account is not appropriately donator flagged, it won't summon the item. With both of the two accounts flagged, both would be able to summon the items.

Hail the Majordomo, look around for 4 "Public/Private Storage/Sales Container" options. Those are Utility Placeholder based.

No action on your part will be necessary.

Houses are account based. If the alt on that account is level 20, just /cmd housekey on that character. Unless I'm mistaken, this is the reason that NO DROP items aren't allowed in the containers mentioned two paragraphs above.

Will both accounts get all 3 items or just one account? If both accounts get all 3, is it limited to one silver/one gold/one platinum item per account, or do all characters get these things?

All characters on both accounts will have access to these items at will.

The free house has only 2 slots for me to put in tradeskill containers and the like. How many does gold have? How many does platinum have?

Each of the 2 larger houses have 3 Decor/3 Utility, the small basic house has 1 Decor/1 Utility, and there are 5 Decor and 2 Utility out side of the buildings, a total of 12 Decor/9 Utility placeholders in all availible to a plat donator. I assume probably 3 Decor/3 Utility less for gold than plat (1 larger house worth).

Anyone with access to a basic house will be able to use up to 3 Utility placeholders. You simply purchase either a box for 10 extra bank slots or a box for 10 extra listing slots (your choice) to replace a Utility placeholder. For a plat donator, that is up to 90 extra bank or listing slots.

Same key, your house will upgrade itself.

Each character will be able to /cm housekey for their own key to access that account's house. For a gold/plat donator, this is doable at level 1+.

Thank you so much Tarutao and Triptoy for your responses, I think that about covers everything. After I quit live I swore I'd never do another pay-to-play MMORPG, but I have really enjoyed Shards, Besides, I appreciate the fact real money is voluntary and I think the system employed is fair to donators and non-donators. You get some cool convenience items, but nothing that gives you the ability to "buy levels" or anything unbalanced.

Back
Top Bottom