Drink recipes!

vistachiri

Dalayan Master
Do you like drinks? Cocktails and such? Share recipes here!

My current favorite is very similar to an old-fashioned, but with slightly different ingredients. Delicious to the point where I wish I had a nonalcoholic version, so I could drink it all the time.

1- 1 1/2 tsp sugar (How much I use in this step depends very much on what mood I am in)
5-6 dashes of Angostura bitters (really great stuff if you've never used it.)
2 oz whiskey (brandy can be used here as well)
1 oz triple-sec. Going to try it with limoncello here instead of triple sec when I get a chance, should be just as good, but different. I've also been considering mixing various simple syrups with a bit of vodka for this part as well to make different versions.

stir it until the sugar dissolves completely. What I generally aim for with the bitters is to hit a colorsimilar to grand marnier.

Last edited:
CARIBOU LOU LYRICS - TECH N9NE

It's like
151 rum
Pineapple juice, and Malibu, caribou, get them all numb
Make baby girl come
Out of her shell and raise hell
Don't stop till the cops come

Half a bottle of 151
Off of the jug one cup of Malibu rum
Baby that's what's up
Then you fill the rest of the jug
With pineapple juice, and it's cracking
The only defect is waking up like "what happened?"
I like red light parties and fed right bodies
Who like, red like dolly and head right totties at night?
Aribou kay

Not sure why this drink immediately came to mind, since I havent even heard this song in ... uh, 5 years? Either way.

1 shotglass full of Jaegermeister alcohol
1 half-cup of Red Bull energy drink

Proceed to drop shotglass into cup and drink as fast as possible. Slam empty cup on the bar counter after consuming, as hard as you possibly can

repeat

snknD.gif

Do you like drinks? Cocktails and such? Share recipes here!

My current favorite is very similar to an old-fashioned, but with slightly different ingredients. Delicious to the point where I wish I had a nonalcoholic version, so I could drink it all the time.

1- 1 1/2 tsp sugar (How much I use in this step depends very much on what mood I am in)
5-6 dashes of Angostura bitters (really great stuff if you've never used it.)
2 oz whiskey (brandy can be used here as well)
1 oz triple-sec. Going to try it with limoncello here instead of triple sec when I get a chance, should be just as good, but different. I've also been considering mixing various simple syrups with a bit of vodka for this part as well to make different versions.

stir it until the sugar dissolves completely. What I generally aim for with the bitters is to hit a colorsimilar to grand marnier.

Less sugar, less bitters, no triple sec.

I like mine with bourbon or rye.

Less sugar, less bitters, no triple sec.

I like mine with bourbon or rye.

That sounds more like the regular old fashioned recipe. I've seen a few with water added, but honestly I think water ruins it.

I kind of want to cut the sugar a bit, cut the triple sec and try it with chambord instead(or more likely razzmatazz since I'm not sure if it will be a horrible abomination).

That sounds more like the regular old fashioned recipe. I've seen a few with water added, but honestly I think water ruins it.

I kind of want to cut the sugar a bit, cut the triple sec and try it with chambord instead(or more likely razzmatazz since I'm not sure if it will be a horrible abomination).

When I make my old fashioned, I start with sugar + 2-3 dashes of bitters + just enough water to wet the sugar, mix that up. Add ice, shake bourbon, pour.

I also really like a Manhattan, also with bourbon or rye. 2 ounces whiskey, 0.5 ounce sweet vermouth, shaken. On the rocks or if its a fancy type occasion, in a martini glass.

You can garnish both with a cherry or an orange peel/slice or both, but I leave them off unless I make it for someone I am trying to impress.

Betrayl:

1.5 shots Jameson
1.5 shots 1800Jameson gold
1 shot sweet and sour
1/2 cup ginger ale/green tea.

You will hate yourself in the morning.

Ecto-cooler Hi-C and vodka. Mix to taste.

This reminds me of a drink I used to make when I lived near a dollar store. You get those hugs, y'know the little plastic barrels with the brightly colored sugar water in them? Used to drink them when I was a kid, so I bought some the one day. Ran out of mixers and started adding them to vodka, 1shot/hug. Turns out the proportions are absolutely perfect. Blue was my favorite.

Use a Corona type beer instead of Sprite

I had a pretty tasty one of those a few cinco de mayo's ago. Some mexican beer name sol, similar in look and taste to corona, but without that odd bitter taste I seem to get after a sip. Might want to try that one with it, as far as I know it was cheaper.

Last edited:
White russians can be oddly good with soy milk or almond milk. Purists will cringe at this but maybe you should give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom