End game monk gear with bad stats

sabuti

Dalayan Elder
After the recent monk changes, It has become common practice for monks to swap in tier 10-11 or lower gear simply to get stats for their bare fist ratio that some end game slots are lacking.

For instance, my character (Sabuti) has just about every piece of loot an end game monk can have. With all the tier 13 gear, and a supreme charm, I am sitting at 880 combined STR/DEX. Some other lower tiered monks that I know of however, have higher/comparable numbers, with worse charms.
Kraun, 971!
Zawrlith, 907
Thanman, 949
Jaec, 885
Bertt, 864
Randj, 862 MINUS weapon stats, WITH athica neck lol

Now you may say, "Stop crying Sabuti your stats are close enough." Well, that might be correct, but unfortunately I do not know the exact values of stats to damage ratio on barefist, and I do think it is silly for lower tiered monks to have a decent amount of stats on me, due to my gear lacking.

The items I believe were missed / need adjusting are the ones listed below with my reasoning:

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Undying_Loyalty
Ah yes, the item with the fabled story of Susvain asking the same thing I am asking now, only to get -10hp and +1 to all stats in return. However, now with all the other monk gear getting nerfs to stats, why not buff an item that is very obviously in need of stats? This bracer drops off the end boss in Turruj (Tier 13) while Lleoc and Kiseble wear Eyes of the Father bracer (Tier 10) because it has stats. This is pretty silly in my opinion.

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Darkened_Galaxy-etched_Bone
This is an awesome item for monks not only for its hp and ac, but because it's a handy worn tag clicky. However, you guessed it! It only has 10 combined STR/DEX, and yet again, Lleoc opts to wear Signet of the Bruiser (Tier 11) over the Bone (Tier 13) because it has WAY more stats.

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Strands_of_the_Severed_Fate
Best haste for monks off of a tier 13 raid mob, 0 combined STR/DEX

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Remembrance,_Wrappings_of_the_Mother
Good tier 11, end game monk back because of hp and ac, not so great because of much less stats than Shroud of misery (Tier 10)

Is this intended? Were monks meant to wear much lower tier gear to maximize their dps? if so, please trash can this thread, if not, please comment your thoughts. Apologies for the poorly typed post, I am tired.

those items were made by marza im surprised they still have any stats and not purely cosmetic
right, and so were other pieces of end game gear, which got their stats nerfed, so what's the harm in getting a few numbers gained?

Its pretty silly that harder to obtain loot is worse in general than lower stuff. I understand that not all items will be a linear improvement in all ways, but this is an issue in general, not with a specific item. In general, the end game loot should have more stats.

Of course, it was also promised over a year ago that items balanced channeling would get appropriate compensation, and that never happened.

I wish I could just say that Devs are busy and this will be fixed eventually, but there is a pretty clear message through actions and lack of communication that there isn't any intent to fix issues at the end game tiers (even though over half of the servers active raiding population is at those tiers). Taryth is trying to fix some stuff, and I hugely appreciate that effort, but there are a lot of basic things that should have been fixed long ago and are still just being ignored.

I asked for the option to switch glyphs like 4 years ago and it looks like it just got implemented. So I'm thinking in about 2 years you'll see some +HtH mods and/or refuge augs added. In 3 years you might get some better glove progression and stat improvements. Of course two months after that monks will be retooled again and str/dex will actually cause you to deal less damage but at least it's progress!

The fact that endgame monks have to debate/math/parse if gloves from a tier10 mob are a DPS upgrade is pretty silly. No ranger has ever said, "I wonder if Serizus bow outparses blazewind bow" No rogue has said "I wonder if Sai of Sapping will outparse 4.3 dagger" No warrior has said "I wonder if Caex is better than hermit scythe?"

Why is this different for monks?

Back
Top Bottom