Eq Emu Servers

stope21

Dalayan Elder
I'm curious if anyone else plays on any of the eq emu servers.

Me and some of the TU guys try out a lot of games together, including some of the eqemu servers. I was just curious if anyone else played any of them.

Currently we're playing on the scarsofamerous server.
Link: Scars of Amorous

If anyone is interested in playing with us, or already does play you should post here!

I have played on quite a few of their projects, and helped with perl coding and customer service. Some of them being Zeb server, KMRA (think they renamed to RA or something), and many others. Some projects do get rather interesting.

Eldenals Legends is the only way to go

Website is pretty, but theres not a lot of info on it. Is it just a live clone, or is there more to it?

Scars of Amerous really doesn't have alot of content yet. It got boring fast. Did the devs add more yet? Has a really good concept.

Raid addicts is pretty fun for awhile. It get's kind of laggy though when there are 70+ people on. Me and a buddy from here basically one grouped all of the raid content.

The new Bane of Life server looks very interesting "It's PVP". It hasn't been released yet, but will be going into beta soon. The dev's have some cool ideas that would make a pvp server very interesting.

Projecteq is just like live, but I couldn't get into it.

TZ/VZ is full of cheaters.

COH pvp is actually ran by a player here on sod. "I forgot his name" It's kind of like Diablo 2, "The mode you select where you die, you lose everything" getting max level takes an hour or so, and when you get killed, you lose all of your gear and levels.

I hope that helps. Out of all of the servers I've tried though, I keep running back to sod =P

TZ/VZ is full of cheaters.

*shrug* It's really not a big problem. I am sure a number of people do use MQ2, but it does not do them a world of good when there is a lot of server-side coding being done to detect certain cheats like clicking off spells. The biggest advantage I can see using MQ2 on TZVZ is bringing up the in-game map (with spawn locations) which is disabled because the game is supposed to be old-world, and the odd /face target. If you go around running at bard speed and are unaffected by snares and roots, you are going to get caught and banned.

I played on a lot of different Emu servers. KMRA is led by an idiot (imho) but it's definitely their own style with all the items having high stats. PEQ can be fun, and it's handy to be able to query the database for spawns and items. PEQ allows basic MQ2, which is handy for multi-clienting without having to alt-tab all the time. Scorpious Twok was a lot of fun and they introduced a lot of unique ideas, like their own zones with a stargate teleport system, and merchant ownership.

Of all of the emulated servers I have played on, the best by population, community, and content, is Shards of Dalaya. No other server has the grind and tiers, so you get a sense of accomplishment.

COH pvp is actually ran by a player here on sod. "I forgot his name" It's kind of like Diablo 2, "The mode you select where you die, you lose everything" getting max level takes an hour or so, and when you get killed, you lose all of your gear and levels.

People call that "Permadeath". That always intrigued me but I just don't think it works in games like this. If dying was always 100% down to you, then it would be great. But sometimes it isn't. For example, there were times that I zoned in to Karnor in Live and massive train just happened to be at the zone line. Killed me in the blink of an eye.

Stuff like that would just be infuriating. If you could prevent it somehow it would be ok, but you just can't sometimes so I wouldn't like that. Whether being able to level to max in an hour or so would make it ok, I'm not sure. I suspect it would just get boring having to level up again and again.

Last edited:
I have tried a few. This is what I will say about them...

1) Level 1-70(or max level) within a day or two of playing
2) Starter gear lasts you almost entire duration of play, if not, you upgrade gear maybe 1-3 times before you start your "end game"
3) End game consists of mobs you can 1-2 group at first, maybe 1 group at the end.
4) Usually the servers, if custom, contain 10-15 zones at most...with very short quests.
5) A lot of servers get their pleasure of giving players a ton of stats. Having an unbuffed Rogue sitting at anywhere between 10-50k hp is never that thrilling...weapon damage between 25-60 on a piercer, never thrilling.

Anyways...that is what I have gathered from Eqemu.

I've played on a few of them... but they get boring fast.
I played on the PEQ: Grand Creation server for a while... but there's not much of a community there. Everybody is multi-boxing (3-6 at once), making their own groups. So if you're looking to play with others... you might find someone else every once in a while, but you're pretty much out of luck. There isn't much talking either.

I like SoD because it's geared more towards a multiplayer perspective. The rule that you can only run 2 characters at a time makes people form groups with other people. There is a LOT more conversation (even if half of it is high-school drama). Plus, it is VERY different (customized) - I'd have to say, out of all the private servers, this one is the best!

I know it's just my opinion... but it's true. :p

I've played on a few of them... but they get boring fast.
I played on the PEQ: Grand Creation server for a while... but there's not much of a community there. Everybody is multi-boxing (3-6 at once), making their own groups. So if you're looking to play with others... you might find someone else every once in a while, but you're pretty much out of luck. There isn't much talking either.

I like SoD because it's geared more towards a multiplayer perspective. The rule that you can only run 2 characters at a time makes people form groups with other people. There is a LOT more conversation (even if half of it is high-school drama). Plus, it is VERY different (customized) - I'd have to say, out of all the private servers, this one is the best!

I know it's just my opinion... but it's true. :p

PEQ is one of the better ones available content wise if looking for something close to the real game but yeah...MQ being allowed there was the turn off for me. There were a couple of 'raid' guilds there but it seemed to me that the guild with the better scripts and scriptwriters were dominant. I could be wrong since I did not stay there long but that was my impression.

Some of the servers are fun for awhile for various reasons but all got stale real fast for me.

It's not a completely accurate impression. The number of 'heavy botters(over 6)' is lower than you'd think it would be, I don't have numbers on me but it's a small handful last I checked. A lot of people go 2-3 characters and some go up to a full group but most don't. There are plenty of groups with makeups similar to what you'd find on SoD but they tend to keep within their cliqués.

The real difference is (The Company Who Shall Not Be Named!)'s content doesn't push grouping on people as much as it does here so people feel less inclined to group up for basic stuff like dungeons unless they have to for a boss.

I also wish I could make more custom content to screw with the people who use dumb bots instead of actually playing but alas (The Company Who Shall Not Be Named!) didn't start making non-mindless content till GoD and beyond, I have to settle for banning the ones I catch for now =/

I've been checking out Gnomish Proving Grounds, Its run by a couple of guys I used to play with way back in the day on Live.

They're pushing the PoP progression right now, about 40 members strong on the server, about 15 - 20 online at peak, some decent customized content, some of the older dragons have been beefed up to the max level of 65 at this time.

Definitely worth checking out if your lookin to run the old Planes again and do legit progression :)

www.gnomishpg.com , or find their server inside EQEmulation.net

The Good:
The Hidden Forest - Probably the best custom server besides SoD. Lots of things still bad about it though such as simple encounters, lazy itemization, and donating gets you the best items on the server.
EZServer - Decent custom server, lots of tedious content I don't care for.

The Bad:
Scars of Amerous - Lousy custom content.
Raid Addicts - Lol

The Ugly:
VZTZ - Started off ok and has slowly drifted towards the pile of manure it is today.
Project 1999 - Worst GM / dev team to run a EQ server.

Back
Top Bottom