EQ Live

penfold

Dalayan Adventurer
F2P EQ has been out for at least a year now and the game is actually rather fun to play albeit overwhelming depending on where you last left off. Was checking if any one went back to live recently. I leveled up an 85 ranger and a 71 mage on Firiona Vie.

There have been a few of us recently who started playing there.

Lleoc, Eisley, Esco, Deein, Wealwawn, Versul, Krinkov, etc...

We're all on the Vox server hanging out.

I thought their F2P was super limited on classes and races you could use. Has that changed since I first heard about it?

They changed the f2p restrictions. afaik the only restrictions are not bring able to go above 1000aas, limited backpack slots and amount of plat you can carry.they lifted the race and class restrictions. If you play on the test server your characters are completely unlocked

Can you still not equip raid gear? I logged in and none of any of my character's gear worked since it was all semi-current raid gear.

I fired up my EQ live account a few months back. My computer could hardly run the game, and I had no idea what I as doing. I logged and never went back.

I felt/feel the exact same way.

akk.li/pics/anne.jpg

I also sold my 6 box except my main, so I don't think I could stomach going back to having nothing from being a top 10 crew. Some people were on in my old guild though!

Playing on Test is the way to go these days. All expansions for free, gold level sub for free, /testbuff command to get 25 and some start gear, and now Test server has quite the population - it's probably more populated than some of the regular servers. You can also copy your characters over from your original server.

There's also the perk of being able to bring tons of platinum over from your original server. Just keep handing it to alts, copying that alt over to Test and then handing it to the next alt and copying. Rinse and repeat. Can also do that with droppable exp potions for unlimited XP pots.

The only problem with playing on Test, would be the "we could wipe it at anytime" thing. Price you pay to play w/o limits I guess.

Brimzy Wimzy I'm not really playing anything right now besides dinking around on The Sleeper. I was playing on Test though, the community there is friggin' awesome.

And yeah darksabbath, that possibility is certainly there - but I do not believe they have ever wiped Test though.

Brimzy Wimzy I'm not really playing anything right now besides dinking around on The Sleeper. I was playing on Test though, the community there is friggin' awesome.

And yeah darksabbath, that possibility is certainly there - but I do not believe they have ever wiped Test though.

They wiped test when I played live, back in ~2002. They first wiped all the characters, and then there were so many angry complaints, that they ended up wiping only the items and then shoving anyone who wanted to be moved onto Terris-Thule naked.

Not sure after that, though.

Yeah, back when I played live (started shortly after game launch), there was a couple wipes of test, actually. But it certainly doesn't happen often. Then again, way back then, there was no toon copy option, so you were flat out leveling one from scratch there. So I guess I could see why some might get upset, even though they were warned.

They wiped test when I played live, back in ~2002. They first wiped all the characters, and then there were so many angry complaints, that they ended up wiping only the items and then shoving anyone who wanted to be moved onto Terris-Thule naked.

Not sure after that, though.

Ah, ok. I didn't start messing around on Test at all until '07 or '08, and then only started playing it a tad bit seriously in 2012. So my knowledge of Test is strictly from recently.

Back
Top Bottom