Error 1001: Could not connect to the EverQuest server! Please try again shortly.

Rivalary

Dalayan Beginner
Hey guys, I'm getting "Error 1001: Could not connect to the EverQuest server! Please try again shortly." I've tried with both ports forwarded and not forwarded on my router, I've tried directly connected to the net and I've tried without a firewall. The strange part is that my girlfriend can connect fine and she's plugged through the same router. I've checked and our eqhost.txt files are identical. This doesn't make any sense. Sometimes I can log in and sometimes I can't, yet she can always log in. After I try and log in and fail I try logging in on her computer and it logs in fine.
Any ideas? Is there something i'm not aware of? *sigh*

Both our systems have a Gigabyte GA-K8NS-9 socket 939 mobos, me with a 4600+ X2 processor, her with a 3800+
I have 2X1 GB DDR ram, she has 1x1GB, 2x512MB ram
She has a Nvidia Geforce 7900 GT, I have a 7900 GTX
*shrug*

Re: Error 1001: Could not connect to the the Game server! Please try again shortly.

You might try Jedz's suggestion in this thread. Please let us know if this fixes your problem.

Re: Error 1001: Could not connect to the the Game server! Please try again short

Aye, I saw that thread. Unfortunately, I only have one network connection. Thanks for the help though, any more ideas?

Re: Error 1001: Could not connect to the the Game server! Please try again shortly.

This sucks :(
I was playing fine for quite a while too. This just started happening. I don't get it.

Re: Error 1001: Could not connect to the the Game server! Please try again short

Disable Windows Firewall.

Back
Top Bottom