Error after trying to Update Patcher

Tidien

Dalayan Adventurer
I went to play SoD for the first time in a couple months and it said to the effect of "There's a new version of the patcher, would you like to update now?". Then it restarted or something and gave me the error, "Patch program for the game Shards of Dalaya has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Then it asks if I want to send the error to Microsoft. It's just one of those general error messages when a problem instantly crashes. I tried re-downloading but it instantly gives me the same message.

Here's the Event ID: 1000 log,
"Faulting application sodpatcher.exe, version 1.93.0.0, faulting module sodpatcher.exe, version 1.93.0.0, fault address 0x0000435b.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

I am on Windows XP SP3 and have the latest DirectX for XP at 9.0c. Does the new patcher require a higher version of DirectX and thus doesn't work on XP any more? Is it a .NET issue? Maybe I can get a copy of the old patcher and just not update?

On a side note, when I download the files manually and create a shortcut to eqgame.exe and add patchme to the path to bypass the patcher, it errors 1017 Cannot Connect to Server.

I've been playing Live in a separate directory just fine so not sure if that's important.

Last edited:
Try locating your sodpatcher.cfg file and blowing it away. Sometimes those seem to get corrupted, which can lead to all sorts of problems.

Yeah I'd say you're right. I found an old version of the patcher files on my comp that boots normally through eqw (as opposed to patchme) and now I can get on my character. That other sodpatcher.cfg I had in a different directory I'll just leave alone since I found one that works. Not going to risk the new update again lol.

Back
Top Bottom