EW Manticore drops

Uther

Dalayan Beginner
I was wondering if the drop rate for manticore hearts could be increased, I have been killing there for 2 days killing both what manticores do spawn which seems only 2 spawns for this mob, I have killed approx 20 times using a druid tracker in 2 days and not 1 heart for the beastlord quest i have many other items , meat, hides etc..

Thanks for the consideration.

Exactly maybe you got lucky, I have over 30 kills so far, i would say at 15 each day for 2 days successively is a poor drop-rate for a quest item, how much time is one suppose to put into a drop for a class quest? i am sure if you were killing the same mob for days you would get tired of it, i already camped a broken spawn for a week while i was told there was nothing wrong with it on my sk yet i killed over 200 mobs in that zone before a gm fixed it. all i am asking is if the drop rate is appropriate.

Spiritplx said:
I had longer camps on live.
Thankfully SoD has by and large done away with these (although there are some notable exceptions, e.g. the Lifeward piece in RSP).

ok so, im in EW right now...and i;ve killed 4 manticore in 1 min. and probably 8 or 9 so far in 15mins

i think you just have bad luck :(

edit: ok, i want to say, 13 manticore, about 25 mins till heart dropped. approx.

i dunno if the rate increased....but i killed a ton, and still saw a ton when i was done. you might want to run around the whole zone, and stay around the frosthorn area. i saw most of them there

good luck

bad luck

I must have bad luck too. I've been camping here for 3 days. over 50 manticores.. no heart

the rate is the same as other class drop rates, for example, crystals or heartstone for the bard quests.

Chalk it up to rng.

Does the rng check what class/s and levels are in the group and adjust the drop rate accordingly. Having a beast lord in the group will lower the chances of the needed item dropping. “shrug”

I have been camping manticores 3 days now for a total of about 15 hours and so far ive killed probably about 25 30 manticores. This is with clearing as much as I can grab and what I think is to be, a reasonable turnaround rate for respawns.

The drop rate definitely needs a look at or manticores need to spawn more often... i spend sometimes up to an hour looking for manticores now. I know they used to be a very common spawn, im guessing this was adjusted.

I hate the fact that ive spent about 15 hours farming for 1/3 of the quest

ThreadNecromancer.jpg

Also, Manticores were NEVER common.

Just an update since all the post on this topic are so old. They are still NOT that common a quest mob. And the drop rate for the heart is very very low. Been here almost 10 hours a day for 2 days and no heart. Killing everything and even have a druid helping. <sigh> I really want that wrist piece.

Wow, a thread where the notification of thread necromancy gets quoted 4 years later because it got thread necromanced yet again. Time to put it to rest for good.

Back
Top Bottom