Experiment: Quest for the People Project

fxattack's quest

I like the idea of your quest. Pushing players to the dungeons is a great idea. I feel like there should a lot more possibilities for spec hits in SoD. Do you think 250 plat and 5 maps is a lot for that level range though? Just wondering because I don't recall much paying that well.

Yes, it is a lot of reward, enough to buy a mithril weapon. I don't think anyone anywhere should have to use a rusty mace for any length of time. I was going to have Guard Xnamehere explain the listsold system, and tell the player to go buy a mithril weapon from another player. Its a Dalaya economic stimulus package or something.

It'd be really cool if there was a credit system. Where instead of having plat given the player is given credit for the listsold system and therefore the player is incentivized to learn it. Specifically they wouldnt get plat they would get credit to buy from vendors.

Code:
Quest Name: A Fish for Research II
Quest Giver: Mikra (Fishing Merchant)
Class/Race Restrictions: NONE
Level Range: 10 - 65 
Prerequisites: A Fish for Research
Zone: Underhill
Faction Requirement:Non-KOS

General Summary of the Quest:
	Fishing quest for faction and fishing item.

List of all MOBs, with names, location and what they drop:
	Mikra (Underhill: 727, 152) 
			Fish 				Rarity			Zone
		1) Perch				Common			Goblin Skull Mountains
		2) Dalaya Kroaker		Uncommon		Goblin Skull Mountains
		3) Black Widemouth		Uncommon		Goblin Skull Mountains
		4) Mountain Trout		Rare			Goblin Skull Mountains
		5) Golden Starfish		Rare			Goblin Skull Mountains

Dialog Tree for Quest Giver:
	Mikra says, "[Player]!  Great timing! Come look!  It is my prototype.  It isn't completed yet.  But the fish you brought me yielded an interesting conclusion."
1	[d1] It looks like it coming together.  	
	Cont 1	Mikra says,  “I'll give my notes when I am done with them.  It will make since later.  Do you have the itch again?  There is so much more to research to do."
2	[d1] Do you need more fish to experiment on?
3	[d2] I’ve gotten more busy these day.  Sorry.
	Cont 3	Mikra says, "Every once and a while, when the Dwarves are drunk in the tavern, they sing.  One dwarf started a song about the mountains just outside their lost fortress.  They sang about how the golden fish filled their bellies and the trout stacked high on their plates.  Find those fish for me, [PLAYER].  There is so much I can learn from a 'golden fish'."
4	[d1] I’ll see if I can find them. 
5	[d2] Sorry, Mikra, it will have to wait.  I have an important matter to attend to.
	Cont 4	Mikra says, "Great.  I never thought I would get so much information.  I am going to get the prototype working.  It should be ready when you get back."

Cont. 3 Mikra says, "Well, [PLAYER].  I hope whatever keeps you will be resolved soon.  Come back to me if you ever have the time to help." [EXIT CHAT]
Cont. 4 Mikra says, "Well, attend to it and come back then.  Hurry, hurry, hurry!  There are inventions to be made." [EXIT CHAT]

Dialog for other involved NPCs:

Proposed Reward:
	Give Fish to Mikra.  Responses are classified by the type of fish and quantity.  Three of the Perch, Dalaya Kroaker, Black Widemouth, and Mountain Trout (12 fish total) get the first the item.  The response for the first four will be:

1-2) Mikra says, "Interesting, they seem to have good eyes.  Bring me a few more."
		3) Mikra says, "That's enough of those.  I learned most of what I can from it."
		12) Mikra says, "All of those fish you gave me have something in common and I figured it out!" [Mikra gives PLAYER a 'Spoon Lure']

Spoon Lure
		[LORE ITEM] 
		Slot: Seconday
		Skill Mod: Fishing +1
		WT: 0.1 Size: MEDIUM 
		Class: ALL
		Race: ALL

The additional turn in of the 3 Golden starfish give the next dialogue and item:

1-2) Mikra says, "This one is very unique.  It isn't like the others at all.  Bring me more to study."
		3) Mikra says, "I have it now.  I see what I need to do for the next invention." [Mikra gives  PLAYER a 'Sinker']

Sinker
		[LORE ITEM] 
		Slot: Secondary
		Skill Mod: Fishing +1
		WT: 0.2 Size: MEDIUM 

Ultimately, these items will be combined with a +3 fishing items called Mikra's Tackle Box.  It will have a few weird stats that you get from Mikra studying various fish.
		Reward
								Max			Faction			Item
		1) 	Perch				3			Underhill		--
			Dalaya Kroaker		3			Underhill		--
			Black Widemouth		3			Underhill		--
			Mountain Trout		3			Underhill		Spoon Lure
		2) 	Golden Starfish		3			Underhill		Sinker

Anything else we need to implement your quest:

Can't get above Kindly faction doing this.  NOTE: Fishing should not be the only way to get nice with Underhill.

I have an idea that I've started working on for a quest and want to properly format it for ease if it's chosen to be used. However, I have a couple questions for the Devs, about what can and can't be accomplished regarding the quest scripting before I get too deeply entrenched in the creation in case I have to go in a different direction.

1. Can the quest giving NPC utilize a player's faction as part of it's response parameters? I want to verify that different quest options / responses can be programmed for different levels of faction. ie if player is Dubious vs Kindly, etc.

2. Can the quest giving NPC check if the player possesses a specific item as part of it's response parameters? For instance, if the NPC has given the player an item, and then the player returns again to the NPC later, can the NPC base it's dialog on whether the player still possesses that item?

3. If yes to 2, are there any limitations on said item? Can it be no-rent or no-drop without any problems?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond!

I have an idea that I've started working on for a quest and want to properly format it for ease if it's chosen to be used. However, I have a couple questions for the Devs, about what can and can't be accomplished regarding the quest scripting before I get too deeply entrenched in the creation in case I have to go in a different direction.

1. Can the quest giving NPC utilize a player's faction as part of it's response parameters? I want to verify that different quest options / responses can be programmed for different levels of faction. ie if player is Dubious vs Kindly, etc.

2. Can the quest giving NPC check if the player possesses a specific item as part of it's response parameters? For instance, if the NPC has given the player an item, and then the player returns again to the NPC later, can the NPC base it's dialog on whether the player still possesses that item?

3. If yes to 2, are there any limitations on said item? Can it be no-rent or no-drop without any problems?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond!

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) No limitations except items with charges can make things wonky and unpredictable.

Hope that helps!

It sure does, Thank You so much! I'm thinking a little outside the box, but it's an idea that I hope will provide some fun, flavor as well as being helpful to those that use it. At the very least, maybe it will spawn some ideas in others.

Now back to the writing pad ...

This is my submission for a quest idea. If it's liked, it could easily be duplicated and incorporated for each races starting area. I believe it would create a great reference source for players to know about all the quests available in the area, as well as a tool for the dev's to use to easily let players know about any new quests by simply updating the "newspaper". Since it is no-rent, anyone getting a new copy will get the new, updated information.

Some of the quest givers in Kelethin have recently undergone name changes. GM-Olive replied to my comments about this in another thread. I have left their names and locations as they currently are in game as of this posting.

I welcome any comments or suggestions if you'd like me to change it. Feel free to use any or all of the idea submitted. I willingly give my permission to use as you see fit for SoD.

Code:
Quest: Kelethin Klassifieds
Quest Giver: Replace "a Kelethin Citizen" located at -52, 603, 117 with "Paperboy Timmy"
Class/Race restrictions: None
Level Range: 1-65
Zone: Greater Faydark
Faction Required: Non KOS

General summary of the Quest: To sell a lore, no-rent, no-drop, book that outlines the current available quests in the nearby area. Contained in the book will be overview of nearby quests, the contact, and the contacts general location. Quest giver will also will sell "lifetime subscriptions" that will make the purchase free from that point forward as long as player keeps their subscription card (see item list below for more info).

List of all MOB's, with names, location and what they drop:
Paperboy Timmy (replaces "a Kelethin citizen" at -52, 603, 117)

(First checkpoint to see if player already has a copy of latest paper. If yes, player gets the dialog. If no, proceed to second checkpoint.)
If Hail and already possesses Kelethin Klassified -> "Ahh, hello again, <playername>. I see that you've still got the latest edition of Kelethin Klassifieds. Sorry, but there's no refunds. If you're looking for more jobs elsewhere, look for Paperboys in other main cities throughout Dalaya."

(Second checkpoint to see if player has a subscription. If yes, player gets the dialog. If no, proceed to third checkpoint.)
If Hail and possesses Kelethin Klassifieds Subscription ->"Great to see yah again, <playername>. Are yah looking for a fresh paper today, or just stopping by to say hello?"
dialog 1 -> "Yes, I'd like the latest copy of Kelethin Klassifieds, please."
response -> "Here yah go! You sure were smart buying that subscription. Come back anytime!" ((player receives Kelethin Klassifieds))
dialog 2 ->"Just stopping by to say hello."
response ->"Well it's great to see yah again, <playername>! Come back anytime you're in town!"

(Third checkpoint. Player does not possess the paper, nor the subscription)
If Hail and does not possess the paper nor subscription -> "Hail to yah too, <playername>. Lookin' for ways of helpin' the locals and improve your standing in Kelethin? Luckily for you I've got the latest copy of Kelethin Klassifieds for sale! It's a great reference of all the latest jobs in the area. Whaddayah say? Would yah like to buy a copy? It's a mere 1 platinum for the no-rent, daily edition."
dialog 1 -> "1 platinum! That's highway robbery! No way will I pay that much for convenience you little scoundrel!"
response -> "Suit yourself, %R. And may I suggest drinking heavily before running across any rope bridges." ((/shout EXTRA! EXTRA! Read all about it. <playername> has stinky feet.))
dialog 2 -> "Yes, I'd like a copy of the latest Kelethin Klassified for 1 platinum."
response -> "Here yah go! I sure hope it helps yah win over the locals. Come back anytime!" ((player loses 1pp and receives Kelethin Klassified))
dialog 3 -> "I'm actually planning on staying in the area for awhile. Do you offer a subscription?"
response -> "I sure do! Very smart of yah to ask. I said to myself when I first saw yah walking up, "Timmy, that sure looks like a smart customer!". A lifetime subscription will only cost yah 5 platinum and is good for a free paper for as long as yah don't lose your card." ((( NOTE: THIS DIALOG MAY NEED EDITED BASED ON ACTUAL INGAME SUBSCRIPTION ITEM )))
dialog 3-A -> "5 platinum for a lifetime subscription? Ok, you've got a deal."
response ->  "Here yah go! You sure are smart buying that subscription. I sure hope it helps yah win over the locals. Come back anytime!" ((player loses 5pp and receives Kelethin Klassifieds Subscription and Kelethin Klassifieds)) 
dialog 3-B -> "5 platinum is out of my price range. I changed my mind on the subscription, I'll just take a single copy of the no-rent, daily edition for 1 platinum."
response -> "Sure thing. Pleasure doing business with yah! If yah change your mind on that subscription or need another paper, I'll be right here waiting." ((player loses 1pp and receives Kelethin Klassifieds))
dialog 3-C -> "You must be out of your pointy earred mind! No way would I give you 5 platinum! Forget the whole deal. You're not going to get a single copper out of me!"
response -> "Suit yourself, %R. Sorry we couldn't do business together. Oh, and don't worry about falling off the rope bridges. The safety rope handrails will surely protect someone as kind hearted as you from falling."

none
Dialog for any involved monsters:
none
Proposed reward:
Small positive faction shift upon purchase of lifetime subscription.

Anything else needed to implement quest:
Change  "a Kelethin Citizen" located at -52, 603, 117 to "Paperboy Timmy", preferrably a permanent shrunk male wood elf to represent an adolescent boy.

Create two new items. The first is an item to verify subscription. If can be done as a key or character flag, that would be ideal, so it will not have to be physically stored. If cannot be created as a key or character flag, then an actual item has to be created. The second item is a book containing the information outlined below.

Kelethin Klassified Subscription (if cannot be made a key or character flag) (playing card with face icon?)
Item Flag: LORE, NO DROP
WT: 0.1
Size: Tiny
Class: All
Race: All

Kelethin Klassified (Open scroll icon?)
The book is closed.
WT: 1.0
Size: Medium
Text as follows:
~~~~~ KELETHIN KLASSIFIEDS ~~~~~
edition 1.0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Arachnid Fangs Bounty / Fruit Batwings Bounty
Guard Naldina, at the bottom of the Southeast lift, seeks adventurers willing to collect specific spider fangs and batwings in exchange for coin and faction.
~~~~~
Claiming a Talisman of Kelethin
Katrina the Stewardess, near the Kelethin bank, offers adventurers level appropriate opportunities for coin, increased faction and eventually a gate necklace.
~~~~~
Drake Scales
Thaernd Rosevale, the cloth armor merchant at the platform above the Southeast lift, will gladly craft a starter cape provided you collect the required materials.
~~~~~
Fearstone Spies
Commander Berengot, the leader of Kelethin's warrior guild, seeks loyal and brave adventurers for details to be discussed in person.
~~~~~
Frilakh Bone Magic
Patricia Shadowfall, a visiting gnomish researcher has set up residence in a hut at the top of the Northern lift. She seeks adventurers for a series of quests to assist with her research.
~~~~~
Glory Days
Hingoth Keenshot runs the fletching shoppe near the middle lift during the daytime. If you listen to his story, and are willing to gather the materials, he'll craft a bow for you.
~~~~~
Gristle's Hide
Worchag the Hunter can be sometimes found in a drunken stupor below the Southeast lift. If you can catch him when he's coherent, he'll task you with bringing him the pelt of the great bear, Gristle.
~~~~~
Jeffy Truewind
Jesalyn Truewind's son has gone missing! She can be found crying near the Warrior's Guild.
~~~~~
Kelethin Liquor Express
Barann Sweetwater seeks sober, honest delivery of crates of alcohol to the taverns in Kelethin. Barann can be found in his hut on a platform near the Northern lift.
~~~~~
Godras Packweaver will craft Leather Bags in exchange for Bear Pelts. Offer good for a limited time. Seek out Godras at his shop, Packwearer's Goods, on the platform that connects the two Eastern lifts.
~~~~~
Scouting for Kerwyn
Guard Kerwin stands watch at the base of the Northern lift and seeks adventurers to investigate damage to the forest caused by recent severe weather.
~~~~~
Scoutmaster Forond, the leader of Kelethin's Scouts, will provide a series of adventures for new Bards, Rangers, Rogues and Warriors looking for their first set of armor. Seek him out in The Sylvan Scout's building for details.
~~~~~
Tree Hugging
Forestmaster Finalen, leader of Kelethin's Rangers, seeks horticultural assistance with the local Treants. No previous experience necessary, only need a willingness to learn! He can be found in the Ranger / Druid headquarters, Faydarks Champions.

Originally, I was writing different dialog and prices based upon character's faction with Residents of Kelethin. This quickly made the amount of dialog and responses very large so I abandoned that idea for now.

Thanks for reading!

Erudin Quest Suggestion

I guess this is where we suggest Erudin quests? Does this include Tox forest?
(excuse me if I refer to EQ named places… been a while since I've played SoD… my HD crashed and I now have a Mac)
Quest: Dinkledore and the Hoecrux
You are told by someone in the Wizard guild that he is worried about Dinkledore, and that he was off on some foolish quest near Kerra Isle. You needed to find him.
Cross the river to Kerra Isle and find Dinkledore (Gnome Wizard) standing by the water… by the way the water has undead.
You speak with him and he tells you that you must grab the hoecrux out of the water, but you cannot see it/grab it.
He tells you that he must drink the water to get it. You go scoop up some water and hand it to him… he drinks.
He starts moaning… but you have to give him water like 5 times.
You can now grab the hoecrux from the water, then hand it to him…. but once you pick it up, the undead aggro and come out of the water…. but once you give it to him, you get a reward, then he kills all the aggro'd undead.
Reward: Elder Wand

Return to the Wizard at the Wizard Guild, and collect a cloak of invisibility with instant cast, and a recast of 10 minutes, and an off-hand item that summons an undead minion to your side to fight for you for 1 minute… 30 minute recast.

I know… lol

I hope this will help to energize the thread – it has lain idle too long!

This quest (and its followup quests I will be posting over the next few days) are intended to mimic the Live series of quests that equips a low-level PC with a set of very basic NODROP equipment sufficient to perform their basic class role without need to resort to twinking, begging for handouts, or remaining underequipped for extended periods of time as a starting player. (Even it it's not someone's alt!)

Strong Caveats:
I am a relatively new player to SoD. I find it challenging to suggest appropriate quest targets to comport with quest difficulty, as I cannot reliably determine the level or availability of targets (mobs, but also especially drops) in the world from the wiki and observation alone. Accordingly, a calloused eye should be lent to determining if the risk/reward ratio is appropriate and the frequency of drops is viable, as all information used regarding mobs/drops originates from the wiki and personal observation and may not be 100% reliable.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Initiate of Malath, Prequest
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quest Giver: Choir Master Milhad (Sadri Malath Cleric Guildmaster)
Class/Race Restrictions: CLR-FRG
Level Range: 1-65
Zone: Sadri Malath
Faction Requirement: Apprehensive to Cleric Guild in Sadri Malath​

This is a basic 'delivery' quest that will kick off a progressive series of quests designed to award a basic armor piece suitable for a low-level player with each step.​

Choir Master Milhad (Already exists, Sadri Malath, CLR Guildmaster in guildhouse)
Bouncer Felak (Already Exists, Sadri Malath, outside the tavern)​

If Hail and CLR/FRG → Lift your voice to the Master! Become a herald of his return! Are you a cleric of Malath seeking work?
Dialog (I am a cleric of Malath seeking work. How can I help?)
Dialog (I am not seeking work.)

If I am not seeking work → Off with you, then, the songs of the Master will not sing themselves, and there are initiates who require my training. Go!

If I am a cleric of Malath seeking work. How can I help? → Choir Master Milhad studies you for a moment, and then nods. “In addition to needs martial and magical, we also have mundane demands that must be met to keep our home secure. I need someone to venture into the mountains beyond our city to help ensure we cannot be defeated by siege. Can I entrust you with this task?
Dialog (I will help the defenders of Malath!)

If I will help the defenders of Malath → Very well. Take this note to Bouncer Felak, who helps with the tavern here in Sadri Malath. He will tell you what he needs you to do. Return to me when you have satisfied his requests. (Quest Becomes Active)
Player is given: Note to Bouncer Felak
Bouncer Felak:
If Hail and Quest Active → What's that, *playername*? You have a note from Choir Master Milhad? Let me see it.

If handed 'Note to Bouncer Felak' → Ah! You're my newest errand runner, then? Good. We have much work to do and by 'we', I mean you. Here's a few coins as an advance for your time. Let me know when you're ready to begin. (Quest is Completed)​

None. This is a basic delivery quest that does not require the player to fight.​

Proposed Reward:
5cp
Part two of the quest (Mundane Matters, Part 1) is enabled.​

• New Item: 'Note to Bouncer Felak' must be added.
  • This quest is NOT repeatable.
  • Completing this quest enables Mundane Matters, Part 1 (below)
  • Bouncer Felak is only available during the day. He is replaced outside the tavern by Bouncer Homal at night. Having Bouncer Felak spend his off hours inside the tavern would be useful for this quest.
Items Used in This Quest:
Note to Bouncer Felak
[LORE ITEM][NO DROP]
Wt: 0.1 Size: Small
Class: CLR
Race: FRG​

Mundane Matters, Part 1
Quest Giver: Bouncer Felak (Sadri Malath Tavern)
Class/Race Restrictions: CLR/FRG
Level Range: 1-65 (recommended level 1-5)
Faction Requirement: Apprehensive to Sadri Malath citizens

Bouncer Felak sends the player to fetch meat to feed the defenders of Sadri Malath. Player will be required to hunt and kill feeders in Sundered Mountains. Looted feeder meat is combined in a quest container. The combined container is returned to the quest giver, who awards the player some food, and a note exchanged at their guild master for a set of starter gauntlets.​

feeder calf (Sundered Mountains, feeder meat)
feeder adult (Sundered Mountains, feeder meat)
mature feeder (Sundered Mountains, feeder meat)​

If Hail and Initiate of Malath, Prequest is complete → Are you ready to begin, *playername*? The defenders of the city are not only in need of spiritual guidance, they need basic supplies to keep our position here secure. The soil here around the city is sandy and not particularly fertile. We're fortunate to be hidden away in the mountains, but if an organized siege were to be made then we might find our supplies stretched thin. I need you to take this satchel and head into the mountains. The feeders there don't have the most succulent meat, but it is nutritious, filling and can be preserved easily, and it will keep our soldiers fed. Return to me when you have filled the satchel with feeder meat. (Quest becomes Active)

Player is given:
1 x Kitchen Supply Satchel

Player must place 10 unstacked feeder meat into the satchel and combine it to receive:
1 x Closed Kitchen Supply Satchel

If Quest Active and Hailed → Back already? Where's the meat, *playername*?

If Quest Active and Handed Closed Kitchen Supply Satchel → Excellent! This will help secure our supplies in case the vulfwere packs become even more organized. Here's some of the preserved rations for yourself, and a note you can take back to Choir Master Milhad for your efforts so far. Now, if only we could catch the blasted thief that's been pilfering our stores!

Player is given:
5xRation (nodrop version)
1xShort Note to Choir Master Milhad

If Hail and Quest Complete -> Thanks for your help, *playername*. I have nothing more for you now, but check with Choir Master Milhad!
Choir Master Milhad (Cleric Guildmaster in Sadri Malath)
If Given Short Note to Choir Master Milhad → Good work so far, *playername*. Here's an item from the temple armory to help you in your work for Sadri Malath. Take this note to Theron Lasath, near the docks. He has some vital work for you. (Quest marked as Complete)​

Player is given:
1x Initiate's Gauntlets
1x Dispatch to Theron Lasath (Used to begin the next step in quest progression)​

None.​

Proposed Reward:
5xRation (nodrop version)
1xInitiate's Gauntlets​

• Initiate of Malath, Prequest must be completed to begin this quest.
  • Feeder Meat is an existing item already dropped from the feeders in Sundered Mountains.
  • Ration is an existing item. A NODROP version of this item ideal for this quest is provided to the player as part of the Dreams of Dalaya quest they undertake when creating a new character and could be reused here.
  • Short Note to Choir Master Milhad is a new item that needs to be added.
  • Dispatch to Theron Lasath is a new item that needs to be added. This will be used to begin the next quest in the series.
  • Initiate's Gauntlets is a new item that needs to be added. It has less AC than storebought or crafted platemail, but adds minor stats to offset this. FRG-CLRs have low CHA and only moderate WIS to start.
  • Kitchen Supply Satchel is a new item that needs to be added. It is a combining container that yields the Closed Kitchen Supply Satchel.
  • Closed Kitchen Supply Satchel is a new item that needs to be added. It has a weight equivalent to its components.
  • Drop rate on feeder meat from calves should be set to be appropriate relative to level gain. The player should be able to complete this quest relatively early, later quests will yield armor for other slots.
  • Feeder Meat is also used by other quests, and the mob source (particularly from feeder calves) should be verified as the wiki is not a reliable source.

Items Used in Quest:

Closed Kitchen Supply Satchel
[LORE ITEM][NO DROP]
Wt: 11.5
Size: Large

Kitchen Supply Satchel
Container
[LORE ITEM][NO DROP]
Wt: 1.5 Weight Reduction: 0%
Capacity: 10 Size Capacity: Small

Ration
[NO DROP]
This is a meal.
Wt: 1.0 Size: Small

Short Note to Choir Master Milhad
[LORE ITEM][NO DROP]
Race: FRG

Dispatch to Theron Lasath
[LORE ITEM][NO DROP]

Initiate's Gauntlets
[LORE ITEM][NO DROP]
Slot: HANDS
AC: 8
WIS +1 CHA +1
Wt: 6.5 Size: Small
Race: FRG​

Last edited:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mundane Matters, Part 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quest Giver: Theron Lasath (Paladin Guildmaster, Sadri Malath, near the docks)
Level Range: 1-65 (Recommended 3-6)
Faction Requirement:
Apprehensive or better to Sadri Malath cleric's guild
Dubious or better to Sadri Malath Citizens
Apprehensive or better to Sadri Malath Paladin's guild​

Played brings 'Dispatch to Theron Lasath' to Theron Lasath. Player is tasked with uncovering and slaying a thief who has made off with some of the town's preserved rations in order to return the evidence to Choir Master Milhad.​

Theron Lasath (Sadri Malath, -95, 275, 6) – Quest Giver
Fiptik (replaces a Sadri Malath citizen @764 -198 near a campfire, drops Stolen Ration Crate)
a vulfwere initiate (existing mob, spawns in Sundered Mountains, drops Coded Message)​

Theron Lasath:
If Hail → "Please, disturb me not. There is much to do in our new home." (This is existing dialogue.)

If Given 'Dispatch to Theron Lasath' → “Oh? What's this?” He reads the note and then looks at you searchingly. “Very well.” He burns the dispatch in the tiny brazier and continues. “Your order shields our city, and we serve as the hand of its justice. We know a thief has been pilfering our stores, but not who is responsible.”
Dialog(A thief? Why involve me?)
If A thief? Why involve me? → “You have been conscripted to assist us in this matter as the demands of defending the city have left us shorthanded and the work being undone is yours. We believe the thief has been working with the vulfwere initiates, if you can believe it. Go into the mountains and find evidence of this thief. Search their camps, and bring any evidence you find to me.” (Quest becomes Active)

If Quest Active and Hail → “Are you lost, *playername*? The evidence is in the mountains, not the lake. Find it, bring it to me, then we can confront the thief with it.”

If Quest Active and given 'Coded Message' -> Theron frowns deeply. "This message is in code. Fortunately, we have broken this code before." He taps the parchment. "This implicates Fiptik, a wizard living here in Sadri Malath." He scribbles a note on a new piece of parchment and hands it to you. "Take this parchment and confront him with it, quickly, before he can leave the city with his stolen goods. Bring the evidence of his crimes to Choir Master Milhad."
Player is given:
1x Decoded Smuggler's Message
If Quest NOT Active and given Coded Message -> Theron throws the message back to you. "Don't waste my time. If you have something important to show me, then let's have it."​

Fiptik:
If Hail → I am busy, *playername*. Go away!

If handed Decoded Smuggler's Message -> You won't take me, *playername*! Death itself serves the Master, and I will serve him even beyond!" (Fiptik becomes hostile and attacks the player.)

If Quest Active and killed -> Fiptik smiles as the final blow lands. "You have not succeeded, *playername*. The Master will still triumph and his darkness will yet cast a shadow over Sadri Malath." He collapses and dies.

If killed -> Fiptik dies, a cryptic smile frozen for eternity on his face.​

Choir Master Milhad:
If Quest Active and Hail → “Have you fulfilled your task yet, *playername*? Find evidence of the thief in Sundered Mountains, bring the thief to justice, and bring me what he has stolen.”

If Given Stolen Ration Crate → “You have done justice in the name of Malath, and supported our city. We will yet discover who has been sending these messages to Fiptik. These boots should make your travel more comfortable when we send you further abroad." (Quest marked as Complete)
Player is given:
1x Initiate's Sollerets​

None – Fiptik is the only involved target that speaks.​

Proposed Reward:
1x Initiate's Sollerets​

• Requires Mundane Matters, Part 1 be completed to begin.
  • Fiptik is a new “froglok” NPC that replaces an existing citizen. Ideally, he should ideally be implemented as a necromancer class mob WITHOUT a pet, as it would give him away and this class would fit with later quest progression, but this is not required.
  • Initate's Boots are a new item that must be added. They have fewer points of AC than storebought or crafted platemail, but add minor stats to offset this. Froglok clerics have low CHA and only moderate WIS.
  • Coded Message is a new item that must be added.
  • Decoded Smuggler's Message is a new item that must be added.
  • Stolen Ration Crate is a new item that must be added.
Items Used In Quest:

Coded Message
[LORE ITEM][NODROP]

Decoded Smuggler's Message
[LORE ITEM][NODROP]

Stolen Ration Crate
[LORE ITEM][NODROP]
Wt: 10.0 Size: Large

Initiate's Sollerets
[LORE ITEM][NO DROP]
Slot: FEET
AC: 7
WIS +1 CHA +1
Wt: 6.1 Size: Small

Text of Decoded Smugglers Message:
"Fiptik, I grow tired of these incessant delays. You have promised me results, not excuses. Bring the items to the arranged dead drop and leave them for the courier.

Deliver soon, Fiptik, or you will face the penalty for disloyalty.

- N"​

Last edited:
If only the wiki were more complete, with MOb levels and perhaps drops and their rates, or there was a way to get this information without having three-to-five characters in the level range I'm using in order to use relative consider ranges! /oldmanshakefist

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Military Matters, Part 1
Quest Giver: Choir Master Milhad
Level Range: 1-65 (Recommended 5-7)
Faction Requirement: Apprehensive or better to Sadri Malath Citizens

Player is sent to cull the scitterleap infestation, before it gets any further out of hand. Player must kill scitterleap creatures and return certain parts to the quest giver to complete the quest. (Other existing parts are used for fletching and sale to merchants and reused on the new mob type.)​

a large scitterleap, new mob with existing model and modified level range
Found in Sundred Mountains,
new mob,
drops
Scitterling Chitin (existing item),
Scitterling Legs (existing item),
Damaged Scitterleap Eye (new low-end salable item),
Large Scitterleap Eye (new quest item)​

Choir Master Milhad:
If Hail and CLR/FRG → Choir Master Milhad smiles at you. "Lift your voice to the Master! Become a herald of his return! Are you a cleric of Malath seeking work?" (This dialog is taken from 'Initiate of Malath, Prequest')
Dialog (I am a cleric of Malath seeking work. How can I help?)
Dialog (I am not seeking work.)
If I am not seeking work → The Choir Master looks disappointed. "Off with you, then, the songs of the Master will not sing themselves, and there are initiates who require my training. Go!" (This dialog is taken from 'Initiate of Malath, Prequest')

If I am a cleric of Malath seeking work AND Mundane Matters, Part 2 is Complete → Choir Master Milhad nods. “This is good. Beyond our gates, the scitterleap population has begun to swell out of control. Some worry that these vermin will consume all the available food, and then turn upon our gates as a swarm in their mindless hunger. Will you cull their numbers?"
Dialog (I will cull their population.)
If I will cull their population -> Choir Master Milhad hands you a rough leather bag. "Fill this satchel with the intact eyes of the larger scitterlings wandering and breeding in the mountains. When you have enough to fill the bag, bring it to me and I will reward your service to the temple." He waves you off. "Go, *playername*. Wipe them out." (Quest Marked as Active)
Player is given:
1x Scitterleap Harvest Satchel
Player must combine 10 Large Scitterling Eye in the Scitterleap Harvest Satchel to create Filled Scitterleap Harvest Satchel. Damaged Scitterling Eye items should not work.
Player is given:
1x Filled Scitterleap Harvest Satchel
if Hail AND Quest Active -> The Choir Master looks puzzled. "*playername*? Why are you here? We must beat back the swarm of scitterlings before they wash over our gates with their sheer numbers. Go!"
If given Filled Scitterleap Harvest Satchel -> Choir Master Milhad looks pleased. "This is good, *playername*. Hopefully this will hold back their number until we can fully establish ourselves and exterminate them... and the eyes will have another use as well." He picks up a set of chausses and holds them out for you to take. "This armor from the temple armory will help defend you from beasts that crawl the earth. You will have need of its protection in the future. Great things are stirring, *playername*, and their center settles upon you like a ray of light." (Quest is Marked Complete)
Player is Given:
1x Initiate's Chausses
No other involved NPCs exist for this quest.​

a large scitterleap:
If agro'd -> The scitterleap clacks its mandibles noisily and lurches toward you!

If killed -> The scitterleap's mandibles twitch as though to take another bite, then still forever.​

Proposed Reward:
1x Initiate's Chausses​

• I DO wish to primarily use existing creatures for this quest, but a new and similar mob type is suggested above in order to target the desired level range in the event that none exists - I cannot easily check the levels of the "scitterleap" mobs in Sundered Mountains, and the wiki does not reveal them, but I believe thtey may be a little low in level. If this can be implemented with the existing scitterleap mobs, I would prefer to do so, but I desire the target mobs to be approximately level 5-7 for this quest. the above dialog/items might be added to the "scitterleap" mobs if they have this difficulty.
  • One additional reason to add the new mob type is that I would prefer the "large scitterleap" to be naturally aggressive towards players, standard scitterleap mobs are not.
  • Scitterleap Harvest Satchel is a new quest combine item that must be added. It combines 10 Large Scitterling Eye to create a Filled Scitterleap Harvest Satchel.
  • Filled Scitterleap Harvest Satchel is a new item which must be added.
  • Large Scitterleap Eye is a new item, which can reuse the picture of the 'Beetle Eye' item, and must be added for the quest.
  • Damaged Scitterleap Eye is a new item, which should be added to drop from the Large Scitterleaps to make them slightly more valuable than their weaker cousins to balance the additional effort in defeating them. It is not used in this quest, but is designed to provide some additional profit to individuals following the progression. If it is more desirable to adjust the drop rate of the existing chitin/legs to make them more common on the tougher foes, this would also work - but the chitin has a tradeskill use, so exercise caution!
  • Initiate's Chausses are a new armor item that must be added. They have less AC value than storebought or crafted platemail, but offset this with minor stats designed to assist a new cleric in carrying their weight, and weigh a little less than standard storebought plate legs.
Items Used In This Quest:

Scitterleap Harvest Satchel
Container
[LORE ITEM][NO DROP]
Wt: 3.0 Weight Reduction: 0%
Capacity: 10 Size Capacity: Large

Large Scitterleap Eye
[NODROP]
Wt. 0.5 Size: Large

Filled Scitterleap Harvest Satchel
[LORE ITEM][NO DROP]
Wt: 8.0 Size: Large

Initiate's Chausses
[LORE ITEM][NODROP]
Slot: LEGS
AC: 11
WIS: +2 CHA: +2
WT: 10.0 Size:LARGE
Slot 1 type 2: empty

Damaged Scitterleap Eye
Wt: 0.2 Size: Large
(Sells to Merchants for 1sp, has no other use)

Quests before this point are "ready for review". More to come!

Last edited:
@Waldoff What about proposed changes to existing quest chains? Would that be something to submit here, or should I set up new threads with 1 post per quest in chain?

What I have in mind is something like.... revamp chain armor quest from rogue gm in gfay to be more multi-class appropriate, as well as more in line rewards-wise with the oggok tank set. Add two more comparable chains elsewhere. Which would ultimately look something like this:
Oggok: Tank Set
Kelethin(possibly move to Athica or Newport?): mDPS Set(Rng/Rog/Brd)
Somewhere: mDPS Set mk 2(Mnk/Bst)
Somewhere: sDPS Set(Enc/Mag/Nec/Wiz)
Somewhere: Healer Set(Clr/Dru/Shm)

A somewhat ambitious project, I know, but I feel that Tanks get a majorly unfair advantage in terms of the starting gear available to them compared to other classes. Which may play some part in the heavy tank population on the server.

Oggok may have a fairly obvious set of tank gear like that, but there are plenty of places that cloth and leather classes can get some quested armor. Also tanks tend to be a more gear dependent classes; other classes have quests for spells, clickies, and other enhancements more fitting to their archetype.

Back
Top Bottom