few questions about necros...

Trygelan

Dalayan Beginner
I recently took a few months break from shards, when I come back I see hints in a few places about some things that might or might not have been changed about necros, and I can't really find a straight answer about if they have gone through or not, even after searching...really only 2 changes that I am curious about if they've gone in yet (and I'm only reason I'm asking is I've heard some necros talking like the changes have already gone active...)

First, there was talk about one of the necro's AA's being changed to some kind of banshee mez aa, and I see on fomelo that some necros have dead mesmirization as one of their class AAs, yet when I log in, it's not on my list of class aa's.

Second, I saw that Boundless fright was going to be changed and howl of the banshee was going to be replaced with a new mez that is better than boundless was, I ask about this one mainly because I have Mindless Terror as one of my Enthrall spells, but whenever I cast it, it still casts howl of the banshee, my ui shows the cast time as being probably what the terror spell should be, but even after it is finished it's still a few seconds before the spell goes off. Something similar happens with boundless fright also, the spell goes off before the cast time is finished running.

I'm kind of worried that I might be screwed up some how just by coming back from my break and hearing other necros talk like these changes were already in, yet not really having them work for me, so I'd be thankful just to know if these changes are in yet or not, if so, I'll try and get whatever is screwy with my char fixed somehow...

And if they aren't in yet, then I apologize for wasting your time, I just got worried after coming back and seeing things a little weird on my char.

Thanks

I too, see the Dead Mesmerization AA but it is still Festering Curse ingame. The name is still Festering Curse and it is the curse AA even though Fomelo shows it differently.

As for our mez spells - unless I missed the same patch you did, all the strange happenings that you describe are exactly what I experience.

Per Wiz's post from what I remember, Boundless Fright was to be changed to a longer casting, shorter duration mez that hit a bit higher level (maybe I'm wrong on that last point). Howl of the Banshee was to be changed to an upgrade of Boundless Fright.

It seems that our side of the change was implemented - our cast time for BF shows to be longer but the spell hits much sooner than our UI's show. Howl of the Banshee is changed to Mindless Terror on our spell gems and menus, but when cast it is a much longer cast time than our UI's show and it still does a PBAE Destroy level 44 and under spell.

From what I see only half of the changes to our mezzes have gone in - unless there is a fix that I am unaware of. The server side of the spells are unchanged from their original form.

Vyrr

The AA Festering Curse remains Festering Curse reguardless of what it is called. Maybe it will be fixed/changed we have no official word yet.

The spell Howl of the Banshee remains Howl of the Banshee reguardless of what it is called. Maybe it will be fixed/changed we have no official word yet.

Both confirmed Sunday Aug. 20, 2006 4am.

Your Welcome,
Paxx

As far as the AA revamps go here is what Liam said in his thread in balancing:

Liam said:
Necros

Wake the Dead -> This skill allows the necromancer to animate the recently deceased around him, sending them forth in a screaming horde towards his enemies. Creates up to four minions from player and NPC corpses near the Necromancer that have been dead no more than two minutes. The strength of the PC/NPC in life determines the strength of the minion that is raised. These minions attack your designated target and fight it until they return to the realm of the dead 30 seconds later. Additional ranks in this skill further increases the strength of the minions that are called.

Slumbering Minion -> This will be replaced by an ability that will allow the caster to specify the pet's stance (Aggressive/Defensive/Normal). Each rank in this increases the accuracy or avoidance, depending on which stance is being used.

Festering Curse -> This will be replaced by an ability that will allow you to summon a banshee next to the mob that keeps it in thrall (unresistable) for a few minutes.

As far as the mez spells go, Mindless Terror is going to be implemented sometime in the future as an improved Boundless Fright to compensate for the increased gap between necromancers and enchanters in end game situations. Currently mindless terror doesn't work.

Confusing the issue Zor....

Mindless Terror works... It is exactly like Howl of the Banshee (which is gone now), the name and spell icon are all that changed.

Boundless fright hits BEFORE the casting timer (bar) is finished, seems to last longer also, but that may be just a ran#gen thing, bug there I suppose.

Festering Darkness may have had it's name changed on the AA selection menu, (Still Festering on Mine) but it still casts like Festering Darkness, and has the same effect and recast time that Festering has always had. IT does not mez, it snare/dots the target as always.

There has been no official word on these "bugs" since the name/spell changes, etc. were implemented (or not).

Paxx
p.s - I patch every single time I log in for a session.

Mindless terror is going to be implemented soon, so it currently doesn't work, because it casts the spell its supposed to be replacing.

Also I've noticed that on Boundless fright you see the result of the spell while the casting bard hits 4/5ths cast.

Back
Top Bottom