[FIX FOR MULTIPLE PROCESSOR ISSUES]

Follow the instructions on the first page of this thread, it should resolve your problem.

tried that, ive placed the imagecfg.exe in both system32, system32 dllcache, and in the game directory. Ive tried using imagecfg -u eqgame.exe and I tried imagecfg -a 0x1 eqgame.exe neighter would work
My Quad Core is Intel btw, not AMD, so I cannot use the AMD Program listed above. I also tried the trick where you make a notepad, put in the image command line, save it as "Processor.bat" then run it, didnt work either, even though when I ran it it SAID it updated the configuration, and yet I still get that graphics glitch during first person melee combat.

Looks like the only way to get it to work for Quad Core users is to use some method to run a certain operating system on one processor only, isolating it from the other processors, or the SoD team takes whatever is making it work for quad/duos on the official Game and implement it into SoD. Its a new tech age after all for computers, every new laptop/desktop ive seen has at least a duo core in em now.

This is pretty much hopeless. Wanted to come back to delaya, do some hardcore playin with my fiance and do raids with whichever serious raiding guild is at top atm. Guess ill have to look for another mmo to spend our time with =/

The client is the issue, and it can't be replaced without a lot of reworking. SoD will probably never support multiple processors.

Yea its too bad =/ the server population seems much lower compared to over 6 months ago, but people are gettin duo/quad cores now and this problem can really hurt prospective new players.

If I had a Duo Core sure the fix will be easy and simple, but its way different for a Quad and their just seems to be no work around at all. What a bummer.

Well not many applications are suited for Quad-core anyway. It's a way bit over-kill, and has no practical home use. imagecfg.exe should be able to set a program's affinity to one single processor, no matter how many you have, correcting the multiple processor problem created by eqgame.exe.

Thats the strange part. I used the Notepad version of setting it up since it would say it could not find the map and image when I try it the command prompt way, and it says this, ill type it out. What comes up on the Prompt when I hit the Processor.Bat I made.

C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest>imagecfg -a 0x2 eqgame.exe
eqgame.exe containts the following configuration information:
Process Affinity Mask: 00000000
eqgame.exe contains a Subsystem Version of 4.0
eqgame.exe updated with the following configuration information:
Process Affinity Mask: 00000002

C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

I press a key, nothing else happens, it instantly exits out.

Am I doin it correctly or is something wrong here?

Try setting the affinity to CPU 0(0x1) instead of CPU 1(0x2). Also make sure SoD isn't running, but that should be pretty obvious. :p

Tried the other Variable as you suggested, still failed. Theirs gotta be a fix somehow for Quad Cores -_-.

Btw I gained a whole newbie level killing individual mobs for each shot at tryin to fix this so far =/ lol

Welp I tried turning off the Quad core thru my bios, making it into a Duo Core, then I ran the imagefix, even set processor affinity to CPU 1, then tried with CPU 0, still no dice.

I dont understand why, I even turned the processor temporarily into a Duo Core and still I have this massive graphic glitch during first person combat.

Update: Turned off Quad Core, got a program that sets profiles for CPU Affinitys, went into my Nvidia Customization application for my graphics cards turning off Threaded Optimization, Set Mixed GPU Acceleration to Compatability mode, turned off Trillinear optimization. And yet I still get the problem. So whatever it is its not processor or vid card related, unless im not seeing something here.

If theirs any Quad Core users thats able to play the game without their first person combat screwing up, please speak up and post. Would love to hear how you did it.

Update 2: Actually now that I look at it, im starting to think its actually my own Vid Cards screwin it up, their 8800 GTX's and although alot of their problems has been fixed by now, theirs still problems with the cards concerning older games...can anyone clarify on this?

Alexandrious1 said:
Update 2: Actually now that I look at it, im starting to think its actually my own Vid Cards screwin it up, their 8800 GTX's and although alot of their problems has been fixed by now, theirs still problems with the cards concerning older games...can anyone clarify on this?
I can :( Its the 8800gts/gtx cards. Hoping someone can fix it soon.

okay so I called AMD Turion company they said that Turion were built in with the Optimizer and that this shouldn't be happening and for those poor souls that somehow managed to dwld a program on the Turion they got the blue screen of death so any suggestions at this point
running dv2000 HP the Nvidia, turion64, Vista

lorrum said:
okay so I called AMD Turion company they said that Turion were built in with the Optimizer and that this shouldn't be happening and for those poor souls that somehow managed to dwld a program on the Turion they got the blue screen of death so any suggestions at this point
running dv2000 HP the Nvidia, turion64, Vista

When you load SoD set the affinity of eqgame.exe to a single CPU instead of both.

I can't figure this out.
I tried to set my processor to just one, and I got the access denied thing. I tried to download the AMD update, and it failed. I tried to do teh note pad thing but couldn't find figure out half of what he is talking about.
Is there a fix for this for a non techie, or someone who isn't overly computer literate. Cause I am totaly lost.
Is there any fixes known of for Vista, cause I think that that is the majority of my problem

I figured out my problem. If you tried the " Task manager" solution and got an " Access Denied " pop up. Try this.
Go back to your tyask manager. In the bottom left hand corner is the button " Show processes from all users " click on that too allow you too access the Bind Affinity option.

Hope that helps it worked for me and I am the most computer illiterate person I know : )

Hi, im having issues with SoD crashing.

i have a Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz.

i tried setting the processor affinity to one processor, it made no difference, SoD patcher still crashes just after getting patch list, running it in compatability for Xp service pack 2 aswell, as im running 64-bit Vista. im fresh out of idéas (sp?) besides the lack of a vah shir bst (which has/is been/being thuroughly discussed in other topics, so don't post about it here!) i kinda want to play old school EQ. any help would be appriciated.

Plasmatic said:
Hi, im having issues with SoD crashing.

i have a Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz.

i tried setting the processor affinity to one processor, it made no difference, SoD patcher still crashes just after getting patch list, running it in compatability for Xp service pack 2 aswell, as im running 64-bit Vista. im fresh out of idéas (sp?) besides the lack of a vah shir bst (which has/is been/being thuroughly discussed in other topics, so don't post about it here!) i kinda want to play old school Game. any help would be appriciated.

Did you try running eqgame.exe under 32 bit compatibility as well?

Back
Top Bottom