[FIX FOR MULTIPLE PROCESSOR ISSUES]

Hi there SoD addicts :keke:

Long time since i played SoD, and now im back,... With a new AMD Dual Core 64 X2 4800+ with 2Gb ddr666

And when I logged in, some graphics were wrong, and char look like warping around the zone, 0% playable... So I've read this and updated my AMD with this files:
[ AMD_Dual-Core_Optimizer_113.zip ]
[ AMD_Processor_Driver_1320053.zip ]

I only had the drivers from the original ASUS CD's when I bought my Computer, never installed anything else for the AMD... except this.

Worked fine, after reboot, SoD is going perfect again. Thx 4 this FIX :dance:

For those not wanting to use imagecfg

If you have a shortcut on your desktop to start sodbin then edit its properties and change the target to be

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 1 C:\games\EverQuest\sodpatcher.exe

of course change your directories to point to where you have the game set/etc. This will make the game start on ONLY processor 0. If you want it to run on processor#1 then change /affinity 1 to /affinity 2 or 3, or 4 based on how many processors you have and which one you want to use. Personally find this to work a lot easier than downloading other programs. Keep in mind this works for VISTA, not sure about XP or other OS's

Slithar

If you have a shortcut on your desktop to start sodbin then edit its properties and change the target to be

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 1 C:\games\EverQuest\sodpatcher.exe

of course change your directories to point to where you have the game set/etc. This will make the game start on ONLY processor 0. If you want it to run on processor#1 then change /affinity 1 to /affinity 2 or 3, or 4 based on how many processors you have and which one you want to use. Personally find this to work a lot easier than downloading other programs. Keep in mind this works for VISTA, not sure about XP or other OS's

Slithar
OK, I'd like to try this method, but having trouble with it. I have the right path to my Game directory, but when I run theshortcut, it just pops up a DOS box with a command prompt for that directory. Doesn't seem to be running the patcher. I guess I can run the patcher off of the command prompt from there, but it would be nice not to have to ...

My sort of solution to Quad Core on Win XP.

OK, I'd like to try this method, but having trouble with it. I have the right path to my Game directory, but when I run theshortcut, it just pops up a DOS box with a command prompt for that directory. Doesn't seem to be running the patcher. I guess I can run the patcher off of the command prompt from there, but it would be nice not to have to ...

I found this to not work for me either.
So what im doing now and works like a charm and takes no time really to do.

1. I have the game in 2 places on my hard drive.
2. I made a short cut to each and added CPU 1 and CPU 2 to the shortcut names.
3. I open (Windows Task Manager) Ctrl + Alt + Delete. Go to (Process) tab and right click and choose (Affinity) on the "sodbin.exe" and uncheck all but CPU 0.
4. Then I start my other patcher shortcut and uncheck all but CPU 1. (You will know you chose the wrong "sodbin.exe" if you see that not all boxes have a checkmark in them. (that was the one you already edited so try the other one. :)

Tada.. proceed to login now each one operates on their own CPU. I wish you could rename sodbin.exe it would make it easier to know which was which. But hey it works as is so im not complaining.

Nothing else worked for me and this seemed to be the quickest fix for a Quad Core on Windows XP Pro 32bit. I hope it helped some of you guys and gals.

For truncated cmd prompt, this is what I did:

Put imagecfg.exe in the folder with the .exe you want to work with.

After 6 characters in a directory path, if it was longer, I had to truncate it with a ~1.

Example:

So it would be C:\Progra~1\Games\Thisga~1\Eqgame.exe
instead of
C:\Program Files\Games\Thisgamerocks\Eqgame.exe.

For Vista Users

For vista users to change the affinity of EQgame.exe (I suggest you do Sodpatcher.exe instead though) go to your task manager then processes, then click the button that says show processes from all users. from there find your file right click and set which ever CPU you want.

However this doesnt fix the problem, atleast not for me, i have random lagging, like ill be running then ill just start running slowly, it wont be very choppy but its annoying nonetheless. I also disconnect when zoning alot.

and here is a picture->
taskmanager-1.jpg

So can anyone tell me how to override the access denied message? I'm in the command prompt and everything, i run the process as described above, and get an access is denied message. Any clue on how to override that?

So can anyone tell me how to override the access denied message? I'm in the command prompt and everything, i run the process as described above, and get an access is denied message. Any clue on how to override that?

This is not the place to post your question.

Create a new thread and post questions there.

This is not the place to post your question.

Create a new thread and post questions there.

But it is? This is the problem i am trying to solve, so why would a question pertaining to the correct fix of this problem not have a place in the thread? All i am asking is how to get passed a certain point in the process of fixing this problem.

But it is? This is the problem i am trying to solve, so why would a question pertaining to the correct fix of this problem not have a place in the thread? All i am asking is how to get passed a certain point in the process of fixing this problem.

This is an informational thread. If people post questions to this thread, the actual information gets overwhelmed by questions.

Post a NEW THREAD. I'm not going to tell you again. Do it again and I'll ban your forum access.

We really hate it when people bump up 8 month old threads.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom