[FIX TO MSS32.DLL ERRORS]

Kypreos

Dalayan Beginner
Hi all, I had a problem that I wanted to share a fix for because I couldnt find it on the forums (used the search function and everything :p )

You do everything right. You have the .net framework, etc etc etc, but when you try to launch EQ from EQ Windows, you get an error about being unable to create an entry point in eqgame.exe, the above filename is in the error as well. Heres what you did:

You pointed the patcher to C:\program files\everquest\eqgame.exe.

BUT

Sony changed things up (not sure when) but if you're like me you installed all your expansions, and got a new directory called C:\program files\SONY\Everquest\eqgame.exe

try pointing it there instead. worked for me.

-edit- lol yeah 'company'...i meant 'company' :p

same problem

HI,
So, I have the same problem as you did, and I'm still having problems! I only installed the first two disks, but I downloaded the other two, and I'm still having problems. I was able to make everything the way that you said to but I"m still getting two messages, the first one says "This application has failed to start because mss32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." and the second one says "Unable to load eqw.dll" I'm not computer literate and I really don't know what any of this means. Maybe since you were able to fix the problem on your computer you can help me out with mine or maybe somebody else can help. Thanks.

There was a post about this DLL file.. I posted about it already.

mss32 - mss32.dll - DLL Information

DLL File: mss32 or mss32.dll
DLL Name: Miles Sound System Library

Description:
mss32.dll is a module for the Miles Sound System Library used by WinAmp and other multimedia applications for audio playback and sound effects.

hrmm sorry for my lack on computer knowledge... but does that mean i have to install winamp? cause i do have the same problem as Duey.

Cheers :p :?

Capela said:
hrmm sorry for my lack on computer knowledge... but does that mean i have to install winamp? cause i do have the same problem as Duey.

Cheers :p :?

No, the winamp is just the file associated with it but is not required to get this error to go away. The fix mentioned in the first post is what I would try first.

You pointed the patcher to C:\program files\Game\eqgame.exe.

BUT

Company changed things up (not sure when) but if you're like me you installed all your expansions, and got a new directory called C:\program files\Company\Game\eqgame.exe

And Company = S0ny (o instead of 0 (zero)), Game = EQ. If that doesnt work we can probably dig up some other suggestions scattered through out this forum.

ok i get this error... The procedure entry point _AIL_open_XMIDI_driver@4 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll

I have completely repatched and tried everything I can. HELP!

What's going on? If anyone knows please send me a PM through AIM or YIM. Thanks. ;(

Capela said:
Well i just tried it (last night) but it still won't open... any suggestion? :(

The first time I loaded up SoD I had this error and I went the long route of uninstalling completely and carefully redoing all steps. This is how I resolved it but I know you mentioned downloading takes a while for you. I remember seeing on the forums that somebody mentioned trying to repair through the Live Patcher.

So when you run this, you are seeing the old patching screen from 2000? I use the path Program Files\Everquest and not Program Files\Sony\Everquest. When I get to the old file check screen I get an error message 700 or 7000? and I can't get it to connect from that point on.

Im getting the same error message, but the file listed above doesn't seem to exist on my computer , ive tried unistalling and reinstalling the patcher and still get it.

Other threads mentioning this same error:
http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4345&highlight=mss32+dll
http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6103&highlight=mss32+dll
http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4562&highlight=mss32+dll
http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3531&highlight=mss32+dll
http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2017&highlight=mss32+dll

Company's Knowledge Base said:
Question:
The procedure entry point _AIL_set_digital_master_room_type@8 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll.

Answer:
This issue can be resolved by deleting the following files located in the EverQuest folder:

mss32.dll, mssa3d2.m3d, mssa3d.m3d, mssb16.tsk, mssdolby.m3d, mssds3dh.m3d, mssds3ds.m3d, mssdx7sh.m3d, mssdx7sl.m3d, mssdx7sn.m3d, msseax2.m3d, msseax.m3d, mssfast.m3d, and mssrsx.m3d.

The default locations for this folder is C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest Trilogy\ or C:\Program Files\EverQuest.

maybe this will help as when i first started i hade the same problem. creat a new file folder and down load/ patch into this one all new SoD. file then pick up this new folder and drop it into your old ever quest file. there was a patch done on the live game that happen with the last 2 upgrade/expansion that removed the file that you are looking for. i belive they/ sony did this to prevent/ screw with people who had been playing live from jumping ship for SoD.hope this helps. your hason the warrior.

How do i fix my patcher it comes up with eqw.dll is unable to load and mss32.dll is also not working... :psyduck:thnxs

I have had a problem with the mss32.dll error. It says "This application has failed to start because mss32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." well....... re-installing did not work for me and neither did pointing the patch to C:\program files\the Company\the Game\eqgame.exe. I am running out of ideas and don't know what to do. Please I beg of some one, help me before my hair falls out!

Thanks

sslyth1818 said:
I have had a problem with the mss32.dll error. It says "This application has failed to start because mss32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." well....... re-installing did not work for me and neither did pointing the patch to C:\program files\the Company\the Game\eqgame.exe. I am running out of ideas and don't know what to do. Please I beg of some one, help me before my hair falls out!

Thanks

The application it is speaking of is media related IIRC. Do you use winamp? I've heard that uninstalling it or using another media player IE: windows media player as default has fixed this issue in some instances.

The thing is, is that I don't even have winamp on my computer. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the game again earlier today and it still came up with the same "missing file mss32.dll" message. I think someone hates me.

I'm pretty sure this error happened to me when I patched GoD via live and I didn't do anything to winamp to fix it.

Easiest fix: make sure your patcher is pointing to the correct directory to run SoD

If you are still having probs, just dl the SoD files to your desktop again (overwrite if that's where you had it before) and then make sure you select the Game folder when it asks you to browse for it.

I also had to dl new directx drivers (lol so sad mine were very very out of date)

Good luck.

Hey, I fixed my own, same problem. Before you go deleting anything, when you get done patching and get into EQW (The point where you hit "Start EQ" and everything goes wrong) there should be a text field at the bottom. This is for you to direct the EQW to the .exe. Well, I made a stunned discovery after patching tonight, the .exe path was changed from the actual .exe to the .exe for the test server. So to shorten what I am saying, just make sure your path is directed to the actual .exe. If it is and you still have problems, then browse the other suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom