Focus?

Kedrin

Dalayan Pious Diety
First let me start out by saying thank you very much for:
Spells
-Many level 65 raid buffs were increased in duration to 5 hours (3000 ticks).

I might be a bit too bored and I'm trying to edit some of the buffs that were increased.

Oddity I found:
Spell: Talisman of Kragg is a level 55 Focus yet it doesn't have the CHA or ATK like the other buffs in the Buff Line. It simply gives 365 HP.

BUFF AFTER:
Spell: Focus of Spirit is the level 60 version with
Slot 1: Increase Max Hit Points by 375
Slot 2: Increase Current Hit Points by 375
Slot 3: Increase CHA by 55
Slot 4: Increase ATK by 20

BUFF BEFORE:
Spell: Harnessing of Spirit is the level 60 version with
Slot 1: Increase Max Hit Points by 250
Slot 2: Increase Current Hit Points by 250
Slot 3: Increase CHA by 30
Slot 4: Increase ATK by 34 (L49) to 42 (L65)

SO
Spell: Talisman of Kragg should probably have ~40 CHA added to it and 15 ATK

Spell: Harnessing of Spirit should probably have its ATK lowered since it currently has more ATK than the Spell: Relic: Ancestral Focus version @ 35

I tested this in game. Relic gives 47 ATK and Harnessing of Spirit gives 56 ATK

I'll see if I can address these spells this weekend. I have a detailed list of dozens of spell inconsistencies and proposals for how to smooth them out, but I've found that not everyone shares my desire for consistency.

EQ saddled us with some downright indefensible spell line quirks, and it's not limited to numbers. We have a Wizard spell called Draught of Jiva, a reference to a djinn in EQ lore. We have a Shaman spell called Talisman of Altuna, another name holdover from EQ (which, only incidentally, happens to resemble SoD's Althuna).

Here are just a few more that bug me every time I come across them:
  • Why does the level 52 Cleric spell Heroism give more HP/AC, cost less mana, and cast twice as fast as the level 55 Cleric spell Fortitude?
  • Why do Druids get Camouflage at level 5, then Invisibility to Animals at 9?
  • Why is Banish Summoned the one and only spell in the entire Ward Elemental line that uses the word "Summoned" in place of "Elemental"?
  • Why does the level 39 single-target Shaman spell Tumultuous Strength give 1 more STR than the level 39 group version, Furious Strength?
  • Why do Rangers and Beastlords get Chloroplast (55) and Regrowth (64) without ever getting plain old Regeneration?
The answer is always the same: "Because Verant." :mad:

Ranger and Druid HP Buffs (HP type one) seem to only give 1 AC. Natureskin for example. I also just found out that AC buffs, even R:Aego do not change you AC in game. Would it be possible to get more information on this?

I found a way to fix this problem thanks to Grinkles. You must Un-equip and Re-Equip an item to refresh AC. Thank you.

Last edited:
I'll see if I can address these spells this weekend. I have a detailed list of dozens of spell inconsistencies and proposals for how to smooth them out, but I've found that not everyone shares my desire for consistency.

EQ saddled us with some downright indefensible spell line quirks, and it's not limited to numbers. We have a Wizard spell called Draught of Jiva, a reference to a djinn in EQ lore. We have a Shaman spell called Talisman of Altuna, another name holdover from EQ (which, only incidentally, happens to resemble SoD's Althuna).

Here are just a few more that bug me every time I come across them:
  • Why does the level 52 Cleric spell Heroism give more HP/AC, cost less mana, and cast twice as fast as the level 55 Cleric spell Fortitude?
  • Why do Druids get Camouflage at level 5, then Invisibility to Animals at 9?
  • Why is Banish Summoned the one and only spell in the entire Ward Elemental line that uses the word "Summoned" in place of "Elemental"?
  • Why does the level 39 single-target Shaman spell Tumultuous Strength give 1 more STR than the level 39 group version, Furious Strength?
  • Why do Rangers and Beastlords get Chloroplast (55) and Regrowth (64) without ever getting plain old Regeneration?
The answer is always the same: "Because Verant." :mad:

Spell: Runic: Bird of Prey still having a frost Icon is what does it for me. It's also Evocation over the other three ranger pet spells that are Conjuration. 200 range as well.

Spell: Runic: Bird of Prey still having a frost Icon is what does it for me. It's also Evocation over the other three ranger pet spells that are Conjuration. 200 range as well.
Fixed this one since it's an obvious oversight. Look for the change next patch. Good catch. The range is irrelevant since it self-targets (and has no true target anyway), but it may as well be in line with the others.

Back
Top Bottom