Forest of the Fallen Questline

iBluNT

Dalayan Elder
After having gone through most of the main quest line in the new zone I just have a few minor suggestions I'd like to at least share (without many spoilers) for others to consider while they do it also. Overall I thought the content was cool and entertaining by doing unfamiliar quests/mobs/etc., and the quests were challenging enough without experiencing burn out, until the last few (food/water sample quest specifically). Other issues I've experienced in this quest line were actually recently addressed in the latest patch and just out of sheer conversation with others / staff.

** I write this post in full awareness of the sadness of shit RNG as well, and wouldn't be posting this if my sample size wasn't significant enough to create a trend. **

Where I found difficulty:
- There are places in the zone with endless amounts of spiders and frogs in the zone without having to ever move around or bring a tracker. The drop rate of the required items from these two (from my personal experience) was about 25-35% after checking my logs. I will admit there are probably just as many snakes, however the ease of accessing them is greatly lesser than the spiders and frogs. There is a static spawn of about 15-20 of them, but again no where near spiders/frogs. Furthermore with snakes, their drop rate was right around 5% for the required items over a very large sample. I've killed almost 3x as many snakes as I did for the other two mobs, and haven't reached the same amount of items still. I don't think there should be an increase in the number of any of the mobs, and if anything the amount of spiders/frogs could be limited while maintaining the same drop rate. And just to note- I'm not talking about random global roamers, but more the train of dozens of spiders that roams in a perfect path and the frog population in the river surrounding the fort specifically.
- Once obtaining enough items to continue with the quest, you can fail turn-ins at a very high rate. I'm only about halfway done and I've failed more than I've been successful, requiring you to return and farm more snakes. Not to mention the illusion that's casted on you leaves you KoS to the mobs and doesn't help much.

Some suggestions I have:
**These do not all go hand-in-hand, and some can be suggested in lieu of others**
- Drop rate on snakes could increase to match that of the other two mobs required for the quest.
- IF drop rates increase, limit the amount of mobs a bit in the given area (I think this is pretty obvious where I'm talking about as far as snakes/spiders go at least).
- IF drop rates are kept the same, either greatly reduce the fail rate of hand-ins or eliminate fail rates.
- IF fail rates are kept the same, possibly consider reducing the maximum items required from the hand-ins to about 1/2 or 2/3 of what it currently is.
- Lastly, obviously make the illusion grant you non-KoS, but fade or remove if a failed hand-in occurs which I would imagine is how it's intended to be given the specific fail emote you receive.

- Off topic, but auto summoning rabbits without damage done seems silly.
- LoS aggro from witchdoctors, beastmasters, etc. is absurdly large.

All in all, new content is always greatly appreciated and I know the devs have been tackling some pretty big issues while giving us new stuff to do, all while being very transparent about it. I know there's only maybe 3-4 people who have actually done this quest line, but just figured I'd share my experience with it since it seemed to cause more time/grief than most previous combined.

Last edited:
Rabbits should no longer summon. Not sure why it was like that in the first place. Boosted some of the drop rates a little. Witchdoctors/beastmasters should have been changed a while I think.

Back
Top Bottom