Forest of the Fallen Release

Rymy

Developer
Staff member
-Will open the zone on the planned day this Saturday, Oct 28th. Going to do it later in the night so I can be around to monitor it.
-Standard disclaimer that loot stuff may be changed.
-To do much of anything, you need some refuge faction.
-If you have bugs, PM me or send me a message via discord instead of putting spoilers out for everyone.
-Just assume there's going to be bugs everywhere. Please don't exploit anything obviously broken. If it feels like it might be an exploit, ask.
-Most of the base quests were put in place before me. Some of them are interesting, I tried to make the boring ones slightly less boring.
-All the content should be properly coded for any potential 6/18 man situations. In other words, if there's a 6-man encounter and you try to engage with more than that, the game should carry out the appropriate rules to prevent that.

Enjoy!

Zone is up. If you don't know where to find this zone here's a map made my some European. https://www.shardsofdalaya.com/SoDMap.html

Lots of bugs fixed so far:
-Track should no longer crash the client. (Who knew that was a thing that could happen?)
-Loot tables should be updated when the next patch happens.
-Lots of mobs added so far.
-Lots of quest bugs fixed. (If you're stuck faction farming send me a message and I might have to individually fix a flag I changed pretty early on in the quest).
-Fixed/tweaked some of the events (more to come here).
-Fixed roadblocks in quest lines.

Stuff still to come:
-More mobs to kill so there's less competition for the few mobs that are in high demand. These mobs will have a higher difficulty too.
-Will move some of the bugged encounters to better places.
-Tweaking itemization.
-Fixing the flower situation.

I have cleared out all the bugs filed in regards to forest of the fallen. Let me know if stuff is still broken.

Thanks for working on this zone. Finally had some time to quest in this zone and overall it was very enjoyable.

-"Cutscenes" in EQ via the memory quest was pretty cool. Although, the first one was rather on the long side and some problems did/could show up with bad camera angles since they are locked. Having the ability to kill the person in the cutscenes might want to get looked at.

-Grinding faction wasn't the most enjoyable thing ever but it never is. The yellow names are a lot more difficult than the random mobs in the goblin camp. This surprised me. I'm sure I'm not the only one who died to a goblin pulling cataclysm out of his ass. My only gripe would be to have the easier (blue, light blue) guys not summon. I'm a ranger and wish I could kite the world.

-Raptors quest was fun, would do again. They we're acting a bit goofy at times but it seems like a very complex quest. I liked the tells that let you know how progress you are and lets you know of the delay when boxes are being resummoned.

-Quest right after that was also enjoyable. I didn't have haste and the guy running made it WAY too close to the zone line. I was actually getting worried. Would do the quest again.

-I'm currently on the shark quest. I've heard some stories but I will try to remain optimistic until I give it a try on my own.

Just wanted to say thanks again. New content in SoD is always great to see. Thanks for all the hard work.

This combined with the good feedback from here:
https://shardsofdalaya.com/forum/threads/end-game-options.30574/
are good points. Will make it so these mobs no longer summon. Seems reasonable.

Thank man.

One thing I forgot to add in this post:
We killed one of the Yellow con goblins in FoF last night. The one that group summons and has the archery adds. On engage my cleric (Agnis) was instantly killed. Was wondering if that event is somehow hard coded to be a 5 man event, over a 6 man event. I was told by Ekyu or Jraul they had seen it happen before.

Back
Top Bottom